Debt Rattle December 20 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 20 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Homeless mother and child walking from Phoenix to Imperial County CA 1939 • China Talks the Talk on Property Curbs, but Can it Walk the
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 20 2016]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Donald Trump;
    “Today there were terror attacks in Turkey, Switzerland and Germany – and it is only getting worse. The civilized world must change thinking!”
    Now, this is the voice of the second most vilified candidate in U.S. history.
    That is a remarkable statement by any standard; we’ll see…

lms
    Participant

When you say “sad” in reference to talk of Trump’s fascist potential, I understand where you are coming from. You, among many other rational left-leaning pundits will be slow to admit that you have made a mistake by ignoring the obvious warning signs of Trump’s oligarchic behavior. They were obvious first of all in his real passion, reality tv. They were obvious during the campaign when he was pathologically able to talk louder than everyone, including “moderators, tell people (including moderators), to shut-up so he could continue interrupting them, mug for compliant camera operators while someone else was talking, etc. And now he is hitting you over the head with the choices he is making for people to run our government: sycophants, billionaires, generals, people heading departments and cabinets whose beliefs are antithetical to the heretofore assumed mission of the positions they are filling. And they will have complete loyalty to him because they know they are not suited to their jobs and are grateful for their undeserved opportunity. And because they don’t want to hear those words: “You’re fired!” Please don’t take too long to come to your senses.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Not very sure about this. So as a nacient fascist, he is actively hiring people who will make sure the trains DON’T run on time? That is, he wants an all-powerful government to run badly and be less effective in dominating the people? That doesn’t scan for me.

From my perspective, it’s just what has been revealed, in wikileaks and other inside battles: Deep State CIA has been displaced by Deep State Pentagon. The Pentagon was purged in record numbers and methods over the last 8 years, and now the Pentagon seems to be planning the same for the Alphabets. But the CIA is not supposed to be running the government and foriegn policy, so we may not mind seeing them cut down a size. Keeping in mind that it’s going to take tough, harsh, perhaps brutal action to cut the CIA and return to civilian control — a danger advertised since Eisenhower — the U.S. is also not a military government. But this better explains how Trump got in and who he represents. –Neither side represents liberty, the people, or rule of law, so we can set that aside right away. But can you see the situation in these terms, and what path our forces and power blocs should follow to return to our values? Because when you have an internal civil war — as reported on by the L.A. Times, with CIA-backers shooting at Pentagon-backers in Syria — NOTHING is going to be pretty. NO ONE is going to your lily-whites. So let’s all try to play the hand we inhereted with intelligence, restraint, and forethought.

zerosum
    Participant

“A Greek woman will go home after birth. A refugee woman will be thrown back in a refugee camp or out on the streets [to] incredibly harsh, dangerous, unsanitary conditions.”

Why would a woman give birth to a child and watch it starve to death with her?

Nobody cares what I think because I’m powerless to affect the future.
    – zerosum

Birdshak
    Participant

We worry about what “THEY” are doing or intending to do. My wife says, “What are YOU going to do?” She is a wise woman. Since our each and every life depletes resources and produces waste, rendering life less pleasant for those who come after, I disagree with you, zerosum. We could affect the future for others by committing suicide, leaving them more resources and less waste(after our bodies had decayed organically). Yet, in answer to my wife, and you all as well, I will live on as well as can be, fostering edible forest gardens(permaculture), where we can disappear. I hope to see you there.

zerosum
    Participant

No extra mouths to feed – Sterilization

– zerosum

rapier
    Participant

In defense of the Trump opponents in mentioning Nazi’s, American Nazi’s have been coming out of the woodwork for a year in support of him. Just last week some yahoo in Montana went on a tear against Jews and Trumps National Security Adviser just had a private meeting with the leader of the Austrian Freedom Party whose lineage extends back to actual Nazi’s from the Hitler era who formed the party in 56.

The whole Nazi thing is a can of worms because it’s a semantic wasteland. Whatever it is that the West is becoming, whatever the name, it has nothing to do with the Age of Reason, the Enlightenment and thus the very foundation of democracy. As neoliberals were our enemy it seems many calculated that a Trump cure, and the like on the Euro right would be better. It won’t be. It is going to be far more corporate, a true marriage not just with the government but in the US, with the Party, that being the GOP. along with ever larger doses of police power domestically and wall the wall authoritarianism. In the US The Party is the government now in a way profoundly different than it has ever been.

Laugh if you want, but know that on a daily basis Trump and is party have made no bones about insisting that they can have their own facts and/or there are no such things as facts. There is no use crying about the decimation of the earth verterbrae species if your going to laugh off the political opponents of Trump. Not the pros but the citizens. Yes many are being lead off into the weeds by Democratic party players but their concerns are no joke.

zerosum
    Participant

Make the pain killer, carefentanol, available to everyone.

– zerosum

seychelles
    Participant

Ironically, the real contemporary “Nazis” are the Zioglobalists whose puppet-in-waiting just got her cajones handed to her on a platter. It remains to be seen if the purge can be extended further up the food chain, but hope springs eternal. It is necessary to use the ferocity of hate to eliminate those who use “love” as a shield to propagate hate.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ seychelles

It is necessary to use the ferocity of hate to eliminate those who use “love” as a shield to propagate hate.

Hate destroys the hater; it can never be the source of freedom from whatever it is one flees.
    Hate is a tool that can never be picked up and discarded at will; once chosen, it destroys the chooser and any, with whom they join…

seychelles
    Participant

@ VA
    You need to get out more. Love means nothing when it is an instrument of suicide. Unconditional love is a kumbaya-ish cynical control concept much favored by Zioglobalist propagandists who find it useful for cloning snowflakes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.