Debt Rattle Feb 28 2014: Divide And Rule The Black Sea

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Feb 28 2014: Divide And Rule The Black Sea

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Technocracy, Josephine County, Oregon August 1939 Well, at least these times are not dull. Normally, we would be looking with wary eyes
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Feb 28 2014: Divide And Rule The Black Sea]

Professorlocknload
    Participant

“The smart money entered the housing market gingerly in 2011 then piled in helter-skelter over the next two years,”

I might rephrase that to read;

“The EASY money entered the housing market gingerly in 2011 then piled in helter-skelter over the next two years,”

Professorlocknload
    Participant

The yuan as a reserve currency?

The currency of the worlds largest gold producer?

I see that as quite possible in the not distant future. And considering the political mismanagement of a net debt based dollar, even sooner, when all this unbacked world paper is marked to reality.

If not “the” reserve currency, at least “a” reserve one. Especially considering the rest of the world is tiring of living under monetary control of an unelected handful of US bankers.

Interesting how fast things evolve these days. Not long ago the talk was “It will be 30 years before China overtakes Japan as the worlds 2nd biggest economy.”

I remember in around the early 80’s a guy, who was just getting into computer component imports in Silicon Valley, telling me that Free Text Search was coming but not in our lifetimes.

Must have been before Moore’s Law?

ted
    Participant

“Interesting how fast things evolve these days.” Well while you were bragging about China look at this article that came out
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-28/china-yuan-set-for-worst-month-in-20-years-on-band-widening-bets.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.