Debt Rattle February 15 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 15 2020

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Harris & Ewing Gettysburg 50th reunion: Grand Army of the Republic and the United Confederate Veterans 1913   • Massive Medical Response As C
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 15 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Scaffolding
    Seamus Heaney 1939 – 2013

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful…

Dr. D
    Participant

“Sidney Powell: One Atrocity After The Other In Michael Flynn Case (SAC) “

The problem with all of these is that once you get started, they are all unavoidably political in nature. If they prosecute it’s political. If they don’t prosecute it’s political. If they review the prosecutor, it’s political. If they don’t review the prosecutor it’s political. Which person they use to review is political.

That being the case, what can be done? You can only try to make the original trials exceptionally clean, you know, by not keeping publicly biased jurors and hiding evidence, then having an agreed-upon outside review and make it all transparent. Because you can only embrace that it IS political, and thereby let the public review it with sunlight. …So far that’s not really happening, but moves in that direction are to be commended. We’ll see the same thing for all of them and let the election decide.

This leads to the problem of why they were never prosecuted in the first place and how it got this bad. Because, just as we’ve seen, if you’re “political” in any form, you soon realize you are immune from prosecution and can therefore commit all crimes with impunity, just invoking the mantle of “political witch hunt”, for you, your family, your family’s friends, past, present, and future through all time. Is there any wonder corruption should prosper?

This is why – quite the opposite – not only do positions of power have an obligation not to commit corruption – obviously – but to avoid even the APPEARANCE of corruption, and this is indeed already codified in rules and law, as both State Department said, and then moved to counter under Biden’s involvement in Ukraine, for instance, or Trump Hotels reimbursing receipts from foreign dignitaries to Treasury. But this is why it’s vital that government and anybody in it be MORE clean, MORE scrutinized, held to even a HIGHER standard than the public is. Because of Lord Acton. “When people fear their government, tyranny; when the government fears the people, Liberty.” However, this cannot be done in a culture, a nation, of universal corruption, nor can it be fixed except by rejecting corruption within ourselves and coming back to #Logos, the law.

This isn’t on the horizon, or won’t happen without great hardship, so here we are. Even if successful, without that, they can patch it together for some years, fail to dig up the root, and we will return to corruption and fail a little later on. Just as Rome. But that’s the way with these things.

The real corruption isn’t “Them”, it’s “Us.” They are only a reflection of ourselves.

John Day
    Participant

Dr Clif on Oahu sent me this story last night about a Japanese tourist who landed in Japan with a 102 fever, and tested positive for Wuhan coronavirus on 2/8/20. He had been in Hawaii from 1/28/20 to 2/7/20, on Maui, then Oahu. He got a fever in transit to Japan, it seems (Tylenol before?) and wore a mask on the plane, since he had gotten cold symptoms on Oahu.
    Authorities counting the days think he got infected in Japan, but the spread of incubation estimates I’ve seen is 6-24 days. It’s probably not the same for everybody.
    Dude-San had a cold at a resort on Oahu for 4 days. What a great place to meet people from all over the world! https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/02/14/governor-japanese-visitor-recently-hawaii-confirmed-have-coronavirus/?outputType=amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
    Does Hawaii get quarantined now? Just Oahu? What about Maui? Cats out of bag?

John,

From what I read, the first European COVID19 death case was an 80-year old Chinese woman who came to France on Jan 16 and walked around free for ten days until she was hospitalized in Paris on Jan 25. Don’t think there’s much doubt she was infected in China. So yeah, where did she go in the city, who did she meet with?

John Day
    Participant

CDC director says coronavirus could stay in US through this year and beyond (Huh, What? We’re keeping it OUT! OUT! OUT!)”Right now we’re in an aggressive containment mode,” CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told CNN. “This virus is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year, and I think eventually the virus will find a foothold and we will get community-based transmission.”  https://thehill.com/regulation/healthcare/483071-cdc-director-coronavirus-will-stay-with-us-beyond-this-year  

zerosum
    Participant

Impunity
    is especially common in countries that lack a tradition of the rule of law, suffer from corruption or that have entrenched systems of patronage, or where the judiciary is weak or members of the security forces are protected by special jurisdictions or immunities.

There is NO impunity in lalaland

——
    (Ships lost at sea with critical supplies)
    • Beijing To Quarantine All Arrivals As Economic Life Struggles To Pick Up (R.)
    Waiting for news from lalaland.
    Death from Old flue replaced by death from New flue.

It is being contained but not at 2.1%
    —–
    Update (0845ET): The Epoch Times’ Jennier Zeng has brought us another interesting tidbit exposing the culpability of President Xi and the rest of the Politburo in failing to contain COVID-19 before it achieved pandemic status.

Right. What’s the expressing “Pot …. kettle”
    I’m just happy that I’m not the one having to make life and death decisions especially about something that nobody knows anything.

In lalaland everybody in position of power and influence is perfect.
    (suck it up Face the truth)

Whaddaya know, there’s a follow-up to the article in this Debt Rattle entitled Wandering Ship Becomes ‘Best Cruise Ever’.

That is, once the free wine and internet had been consumed and they were allowed to enter a port, a 83-year-old AMERICAN woman aboard who flew to Malaysia has tested positive for COVID19, allegedly after multiple negative testing rounds. The Westerdam floated around for 2 weeks, 4 countries refused it entry, until Cambodia said yes. The Holland-America line has already flown 140+ passengers to Malaysia.

Not much of an industry to be invested in these days.

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/02/alohavirus.html
    Uh-huh…
    China Vows To Put An End To “Lab Leakage Of Pathogenic Microorganisms And Various Samples”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-vows-put-end-lab-leakage-pathogenic-samples

US Defense Secretary Robert McNamara executed 150 top-secret bio-weapons programs in the 1960s, performing bio-weapons experiments and field tests on an unwitting public, sometimes in foreign countries but most often against American citizens. McNamara ordered the Joint Chiefs of Staff “to consider all possible applications” of these agents against enemy nations in a coherent plan for a total “biological and chemical deterrent capability”, the plan to include cost estimates and an “appraisal of international political consequences”. (4) (5)
    ​ ​In the year 2000, The Project for the New American Century (6) (7) produced a report titled, “Rebuilding America’s Defenses”, which contained a radical and belligerent Right-Wing policy ambition for America. Their report called itself a “blueprint for maintaining global US preeminence … and shaping the international security order in line with American principles and interests.” The authors, their genocidal mentality obvious, stated:
    “Advanced forms of biological warfare that can ‘target’ specific genotypes may transform biological warfare … to a politically useful tool.”​…
    ​ Founded on Ishii’s human research, the US military developed an entomological (insect) warfare facility, and initially prepared plans to attack Russia and the Soviet States with entomological bio-weapons. The facility was designed to produce 100 million yellow fever-infected mosquitoes per month, its output tested on unwitting American civilians by dropping infected mosquitoes and other insects over large portions of the US. As is so typical for the US military, these projects beginning in the 1950s and 1960s were given juvenile appellations like “Project Big Buzz” and “Project Big Itch” and “Operation Mayday”.

Biological Weapons: A Useful and Timely Factual Overview

Doc Robinson
    Participant

About the Japanese fellow who was symptomatic in Hawaii… The NYT reports that after he returned to Japan on Feb 7, he developed pneumonia and made three trips to the hospital before being diagnosed on Feb 14. His wife, who had traveled to Hawaii with him, developed a fever and was confirmed to have the virus on Feb 15.

The man fell ill during the second week of his vacation in Hawaii. At the time, officials said, the couple was staying at a time-share in Honolulu, on the island of Oahu. Before that, the couple had been in Maui, but the man showed no symptoms while he was there. It remained unclear if the woman showed any symptoms while on vacation.

Officials said that the man began showing signs of illness on Feb. 3, and wore a mask when he went outside the time-share, the Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, in the Waikiki neighborhood of Honolulu. Representatives for Hilton did not respond to a message seeking more information.

Several days later, on Feb. 7, the couple returned to Nagoya, Japan’s fourth-largest city. A day later, the man visited a hospital after developing a fever, but he was not admitted, Japan’s health ministry said. He learned he had pneumonia two days later, but was again released from a hospital.

On Thursday, he was taken in an ambulance to a hospital for the third time, and Hawaii health officials learned on Friday morning that he had tested positive for the coronavirus. His wife also went to the hospital on Friday with a fever, and on Saturday, she was also confirmed to have the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/coronavirus-hawaii-japan.html

Now it’s reported that the first death in Europe is not a Chinese woman, but an 80- year-old man.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Some snippets from yesterday’s press conference with the CDC, which gives hints of things to come:

There are more than 600 people still under quarantine in the United States.
    If a person tests negative once, it’s not clear that it’s a true negative.
    Negative test results can provide a false sense of security.
    It could mean the virus hasn’t established itself sufficiently in the system to be detected by test.

The kind of things that we’re talking about are community led level decisions. For example, in general, social distancing, school closures, cancelling mass gatherings, sort of nonpharmaceutical interventions. We’re talking about things like telemedicine, teleschooling, teleworking, so that at a societal level we try to disrupt the spread. In a situation like this where we don’t have a vaccine and we don’t yet have a specific countermeasure, those kind of nonpharmaceutical interventions at a community level are really important… working closely across all of government and with our local and state partners on planning for those operations.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0214-covid-19-update.html.html

anticlimactic
    Participant

CRUISE SHIP IN JAPAN

Not sure what the quarantine is supposed to achieve – they keep them on board UNTIL they develop the disease and THEN move them on to land!!!

So what would be the solution? Sending 3,700 potentially infected people on shore and around the world to spread the disease?

A big story going forward will be false negatives. The tests used so far are not all that good. Maybe that’s a factor in the fast rising number of Diamond Princess infections too.

zerosum
    Participant

I’ve got the solution.
    Logic says, Its true
    You have all read the stories …. the virus only attacks oriental, especially, Chinese.
    Therefore, logic says …. . the anti-bodies, immunity is hidden in my blood.
    Where is my nobel prize?

Dr D Rich
    Participant

In France the old Chinese lady “walked around free”. Imagine that, free.
    Xi locked down Wuhan and indefinitely extended the New Year’s holiday free from work obligations but he’s a damn communist, secretive propagandist. However he didn’t do enough with the suddenly magical :test kits” (must be a European term) to personally halt a pandemic.
    Yikes!
    And those European officials are behaving like Chinese officials by failing to be candid about the gender of the dead Chinese woman/man who roamed free in France.

zerosum
    Participant

Should I buy an extra supply of salt. You know …. in case production is affected in China.

WES
    Participant

Raul:. I have lived and worked in the Congo. I can tell you there were no medical facilities there!

Since I was last there the Congo has continued to have more civil wars. Don’t worry the civil wars were happening while I was there too.

The one thing I do know is the Congo is in worst shape today than in the past as all existing infrastructure has crumbled!

What is very unique about the Congo is there are no police! Only military soldiers and bandits! I can’t honestly tell you who are the worst! The all want your money! They all point AK-47s at you!

It is a pretty lawless place! My company from the goodness of their hearts gave me 5% in danger pay! That hardly compensated for the several close calls I had!

If there are any doctors in the country they are only in the two biggest cities.

Basically if you get sick, you are in really big trouble!

So if the coronavirus hits the Congo it will spread like wildfire!

WES
    Participant

Raul:. The Diamond Princess virus toll is now 278 not 219! Not too long ago it was just 5!

The real problem for screening are all the false negatives. People have to be tested repeatedly every few days!

This ship is showing the 2nd and now 3rd waves of infections. The 4th and 5th waves are just around the corner!

This ship isn’t going anywhere for months!

Note that the Japanese still don’t have enough test kits to test everyone on the ship! They are still only testing the sick!

Meanwhile the CCP is still encouraging it’s people to continue to travel all over the world!

It will not belong before we will stop hearing about the virus in China because China will be displaced by stories of the virus spreading in our own countries!

zerosum
    Participant

“So if the coronavirus hits the Congo it will spread like wildfire!”
    Infected blankets worked in the past to wipe out a population.

WES
    Participant

Before the coronavirus was far away. Now the old farts in the CCP are worried that they will catch the virus! Since most are old it might help China a lot if these old farts got cleaned out!

Everybody returning or travelling to the capital of China needs to be quarantined for 14 days.

Obviously the dam old CCP fools still haven’t learned that over 24 days is required plus repeated testing!

I just love their newest response to Wuhan! Send in the CCP’s most ruthless security person!

What Wuhan really needs is more medical supplies and medical personnel, not more security people!

But more security it is!

Sooner or later the world is going to have to quarantine China!

WES
    Participant

Raul:. Nice Gettysburg picture! Reminds me of all the decendents of civil war veterns I have met while visiting the many civil war battle sites. The stories that they told help bring these sites alive!

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:. Yup, biological warfare! But I think the natives loss the battle but are winning the war by introducing tobacco to white men! Last count, tobacco is still killing tens of millions each year!

Score:. White men 1 million. Indians 1 billion and still counting!

WES
    Participant

It is going to be very interesting to see what Japan and South Korea do about their guest Chinese workers.

Much of their agriculture produce depends heavily on imported Chinese labor much in the same way California depends upon Mexican labor.

Right now many of these Chinese laborers went back to China for the new year holiday but now are stranded in China by China’s no travel quarantine. Even if they can get back, will Japan or South Korea let them in?

I didn’t realize this but there are large numbers of Korean speaking Chinese along the North Korean border! These are the ones South Korea imports from China!

WES
    Participant

North Korea is facing a major crisis due to the coronavirus!

The problem is their porus border with China!

Smuggling is rampant between the two countries!

Then there is North Korea’s weak population due to the constant lack of food.

Then there is North Korea’s inadequate medical system.

What a recipe for disaster!

WES
    Participant

I stand corrected! There are now 355 people with the virus on ship not 278!

sinnycool
    Participant

Hey WES lay off on the old farts – spare me at least 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.