Debt Rattle February 2 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 2 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Oroboros

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ?
    Little Rascals ?
    Dead Pool ?

Say, this is sorta fun, I hope others jump in with some funnier guesses.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

John Day
    Participant

Thanks for that 1993 outline of the plan to build up Ukraine and expend it against Russia.
    Fine and thoughtful input again today.
    Zerosum did find and post the tip of the iceberg of vitamin-D in COVID treatment. Beware of lowish doses which are started on those already in the hospital. It takes about a week to convert an oral dose of vitamin D3 or D2 into active vitamin-D in the bloodstream.
    For context, a single dose of 200,000 to 300,000 units of D3 will obtain a normal blood level in most people in 3 days, which will remain normal for about 3 weeks.
    Keep that as a dosing perspective.
    It is easy to design studies to fail.

John Day
    Participant

@Oroboros: Movie title: Last View of the Cannibals

@VP Gary: “A reminder”? Tom Hanks played Mr. Rodgers? Missed that one…

Germ
    Participant

Another “cunt” bites the dust.

– – – – – !

Germ
    Participant

John Day
    Participant

@Germ: John Campbell takes vitamin-D and Vitamin K2, just like I have for over a decade.

Germ
    Participant

– – – – – !

Germ
    Participant

@ John Day – I think we all do!

Red
    Participant

@oroboros “The Deplorables”

Germ
    Participant

Emergence of a New Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease: 26 Cases of the Human Version of Mad-Cow Disease, Days After a COVID-19 Injection

https://ijvtpr.com/index.php/IJVTPR/article/view/66

– – – – – !

WES
    Participant

Polish Army Size:

Top Polish general just complained that 4,000 “professional” Polish soldiers just resigned in January 2023, one-third more than quit in January 2022. And new recruits are hard to come by.

So that 200,000 sized Polish “cannon fodder”army is now only 196,000!

Germ
    Participant

Totally Normal These Days!

Former NFL linebacker dies suddenly at 25, no cause of death given

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-nfl-linebacker-dies-suddenly-at-25-no-cause-of-death-given/

☠️☠️☠️

– – – – – !

Germ
    Participant

DEATHS FROM VACCINATION – The story changes dramatically when you overlook the first 14 days. This is why people who died in the first 14 days after getting vaccinated were counted as unvaccinated.

– – – – – !

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Movie title with that cast:
    The Fall of the American Empire, Part II

Doc Robinson
    Participant

It’s part of a trilogy.

zerosum
    Participant

Movie titles:
    The fixers
    The enablers
    The liars
    The dream makers

Dr. D
    Participant

Natural Born Killers.

Dr. D
    Participant

Pic

Red
    Participant

A widely used COVID-19 treatment drug could be linked to mutations that create new variants of the disease, according to researchers in a new pre-print study.

Published in Medxriv (pdf), researchers cited an analysis of more than 13 million viral genomes in worldwide databases and found that the drug Lagevrio, also known as molnupiravir, that there were mutations linked to the drug. Certain mutations, they wrote, were more common in nations that widely used the drug, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.

There were a lower number of mutations in France and Canada, where the drug isn’t authorized for use, they found. The survey of viral genomes found that some people who are treated with the medication can generate new novel variants of COVID-19 that spread.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/researchers-link-covid-19-drug-to-new-virus-mutations-in-patients_5029633.html

Oroboros
    Participant

Red
    Participant

People who have recovered from COVID-19 are at little risk of contracting the disease again, according to a study published last week.

Researchers in Qatar examined a cohort of over 353,000 people using national databases that contain information about patients with polymerase-chain-reaction-confirmed infections.

The studied population contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, between Feb. 28, 2020, and April 28, 2021.

Reinfections were counted if a person tested positive at least 90 days after their first infection.

After excluding approximately 87,500 people with a vaccination record, researchers found that those with immunity due to having recovered from COVID-19 had little risk of reinfection or severe cases of the disease.

Just 1,304 reinfections were identified. That means 0.4 percent of people with natural immunity and without a vaccination record got COVID-19 a second time.

The odds of severe disease were 0.1 times that of primary infection, according to the study. Just four such cases were detected.

No cases of death were recorded among those who got infected a second time.

The study was published in the New England Journal of Medicine. It was funded by Weill Cornell Medicine–Qatar, Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health, the Hamad Medical Corp., and Sidra Medicine.

The researchers, Laith Abu-Raddad with Weill Cornell Medicine–Qatar and Dr. Robert Bertolini with Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health, had previously assessed the effectiveness of natural immunity against reinfection as being 85 percent or greater.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/naturally-immune-people-at-little-risk-of-reinfection-severe-disease-from-covid-19-study_4126747.html?ea_src=ai_recommender

Red
    Participant

Hmm…. however you expect the public to trust you not to share your info or be hacked.

In a LinkedIn post featuring an image of him holding a red wine bottle, Dominello said “details of a digital ID pilot – where you can verify that you are over the age of 18 without having to provide primary documents” would be released in the next few weeks.

Australian state of New South Wales to get digital ID within weeks

Raena
    Participant

Cheshire Cat with his 3 Stooges & 3 Blind Mice

DarkMatter
    Participant

The Maleficent Seven
    Three Weddings and a Funeral

John Day
    Participant

Lots of good movie name suggestions. DarkMatter has two.

WES
    Participant

Benny Hill’s Pedo Fan Club

D Benton Smith
    Participant

You would think that the Woke West would be a thousand percent behind Vladimir Putin’s efforts in Ukraine. All that he’s trying to do, and which he has publicly stated many times, is to turn Ukraine into a Gun Free Zone

Oroboros
    Participant

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“After excluding approximately 87,500 people with a vaccination record, researchers found that those with immunity due to having recovered from COVID-19 had little risk of reinfection or severe cases of the disease.”

The unvaxxed have little to worry about, while the vaxxed are still worrying:

“We are all playing Covid roulette,” writes prominent environmentalist George Monbiot

We are all playing Covid roulette. The next infection could be the one that permanently disables you. I’ve been hit three times so far, and feel lucky still to be active. But I’ve lost a little every time: stamina, lung capacity, sleep, general fitness, however diligently I’ve exercised since.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/26/covid-roulette-clean-air-ventilation-long-covid

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Deep State and the Seven Moral Dwarfs

Polemos
    Participant

James Baldwin compels me. In a different semester of my intro to Philosophy class where the theme was Love, I used his Giovanni’s Room as part of the literary component (along with Wuthering Heights). I was working through some dark times, trying to understand these destructive forces at work in ardent, overwhelming love, when love is supposed to also be this combining, uniting intermediary. The philosophical component relied on <i>Symposium, Plato’s juxtaposition of narratives of love, to set the stage for not only love as something inclusive of hetero and homo sexualities but also hetero and homo doxies, with the sudden, drunken appearance of Alcibiades doing something more I still can’t quite understand. It’s more than comic relief, more than Plato’s own reputation management. Still, Giovanni’s Room is beautiful, dark, violent and moving.

The ominous thing about how that Baldwin tweet ends is its excess of meanings. In a way, it’s ostensibly saying that the American dream will suffer because the “very presence” of the unincluded, through their exclusion, will “wreck it,” which I take to mean that it won’t be a reality of a forged “new identity” where the diverse “we” of the “american people” stand together and united. To have any excluded group shows there isn’t a “we”, the I who built the railroad and picked the cotton and hauled it to the market, who therefore participated in making (The United States of) America and who speaks to us has to ask for presentation just to get representation in the We. So, their presence stands as a reminder that the new identity is not yet: there are those belonging who are not included (referencing Badiou here); there are those who are already here but whom The Ones Who Count do not consider as among the countable (and, hence, not part of the population, but a lump, a mass, undifferentiated material: not fewer blacks, but less of them).

But maybe Baldwin, who isn’t unaware of the rage and the fury and the anger regarding injustice and humiliation, who has been around enough black people in his life to know sufficient numbers of them they won’t stay quiet, won’t be calm, won’t sit still, won’t just march, means something more about how the very presence of the unjustified, the maltreated, the dispossessed will wreck the dream of a new identity. A forge is a furnace: something must burn for that heat. Does Baldwin not mean that? Is he excluding the rage of those who would rather overturn the temple of the whip-bearers with their own Come to Jesus moment for America?

“No justice, no peace.” Is it a description? is it a threat? Without justice, we are without peace. We suffer. When you don’t give us justice, we won’t give you peace. You will suffer our suffering.

Do the unvaccinated have a James Baldwin?

Kassandra
    Participant

oroboros, that was heavy. Not sure what else to say except, wow, that was a lot to think about. Thank you for writing that down.

“Before I Hang” 1940

D Benton Smith
    Participant

The stunningly profound irony of Baldwin’s statement is not that it is a criticism of either the included or the excluded. It is that the statement is equally true of both cohorts. Just as the presence of the excluded among the included wrecks what the included wish their world to be, so does the presence of the included wreck things for the excluded . . . and for the same reason.

What we’re seeing in that relationship is a true dichotomy, and one that we all live in. It cannot reconcile because that would necessarily entail either inclusion of all, or exclusion of all . . . . both of which conditions are impossible in a Universe that literally runs on polarity.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

The Plunder Years

Alexander Carpenter
    Participant

Oroboros, would you be so kind as to share with us the URL of the California Pot Rant you shared yesterday? Many of us in that… what shall I call it?… community at the time of the fake-legalization Prop 64 anticipated exactly the outcome we are seeing now, and I’d like to share this video with others. Fortunately, Californians are allowed to grow six plants on their own, and I took great delight in teaching them how to grow five-pound (or even more) plants — so they could give it away and subvert the corrupt system. People in a state with a 20-year history of black-market and semi-legal Prop 215 marketplace know full well how how to operate mostly outside the “official” system, and so the fake-legalization scam was doomed from the start, as the huge glut of weed in California and migrating mysteriously all over the country has shown us. Only part of that is from “drug cartels,” for lots of ordinary folks grow and share generously, often even making honest money at it. Thanks…

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Imperious Basterds

oxymoron
    Participant

Pandemic profiteering UK edition

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

A tale of two worlds
    Feb 1, 2023 – Alasdair Macleod

In the geopolitical tussle between the old and new hegemons, we see the best of strategies and the worst of strategies, where belief is pitted against credulity. It is the season of light and the season of darkness, the spring of hope and the winter of despair…

https://www.goldmoney.com/research/a-tale-of-two-worlds

F.S.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.