Debt Rattle February 26 2024

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 26 2024

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    jb-hb
    Participant

One of my favorite parts of Persian/Iranian history is how Cyrus the Great met his end.

He wanted to conquer a steppe area ruled by sort of… Conan the Barbarian-ish horse people, the Massagetae, led by the awesome passionate, forthright warrior queen Tomyris.

When Cyrus started making inroads into Massagetae territory, she sent him a warning to desist, something along the lines of “Rule over your vast territories and peoples in your own way as you wish in peace and bear, if you can, my ruling over my own people and us living in our own way. Or if you cannot stand it and come forward in war, if you cannot live in peace and your thirst for blood cannot be slaked, then know you will get your fill of blood”

She proposed an honorable and forthright battle, Cyrus used various dirty tricks, captured her son, who then killed himself to prevent being used as hostage.

I suppose the point of the movie Highlander is that the hero has to hang on, persevere, simply survive, simply protect who he needs to protect, enduring all dirty tricks, all unfair circumstances, until he can have a fair fight. (which for the Highlander takes 100’s of years) That’s it. The hero needs to hang in there, survive. Survive for that moment when there is finally a fair fight. The actual battle at that point is almost anticlimactic, the real battle was making it to that point.

Same here with Cyrus. She hung on until she could have a fair fight using her remaining forces (dirty tricks having shaved them down by at least 1/3, maybe even 1/2) And she defeated Cyrus.

She had his severed head brought to her and then personally poured blood down its throat saying to it “There: drink your fill of blood!”

zerosum
    Participant

I’m not alone. “My opinion”
    The plot thickens re EU boots going into Ukr.

Apparently, through offical reports, those countries who signed “security agreements” with Kiev have intentions to send their own national forces “to assist Ukraine”. This is just a Claytons way of providing non-mercenary, non-NATO troops … and NATO expertise and weapons hitherto kept in the cupboard.

***I’ve said the same over the last weeks***. Others have countered that they were just words on paper. Now we see not. I knew it. I just knew it. The west has concocted yet another scheme of wheedling deeper into its strategic goals without doing the direct NATO vs RF. On and on it goes.

Ostensibly they are saying “just into West Ukraine, just to protect the EU borders” but we all know where they will end up. As well, no doubt they are part of a plan to thwart Russia’s ideas on amalgamating Transnistria and Odessa into new territories.

This is very sneaky and gives Russia a BIG DILEMMA. Sure, they can knockout these forces individually in combat, or collectively in their Ukrainian barracks. But it literally makes those assisting countries allies at war against Russia. Although technically, legally it doesn’t — Russia has not declared war against Ukraine, neither has Ukraine against Russia.

So that begs the question, does that give Russia the right to hit those countries??? In which case NATO Article 5 might be/could be invoked. So, another trap that Putin must address. Wow, the Empire really is serious about drawing this out.

So, this is yet another sneaky provocation to escalation. So much for “just words on paper”.

The strange thing is: Are these EU voters aware of and comfortable with their fellow citizens going off to help the Ukronazis against Eurasia’s best army. Hmmm, obviously so. Their governments must have done the polling. [Oh well, shrug].

Posted by: Jake Blanchard | Feb 26 2024 22:19 utc | 64
    ———-

zerosum
    Participant

I’m not alone. “My opinion”
    EU boots in 404 is not that far of a stretch, especially if they stay to the western areas. As Dima says under the security agreements they could be used to free up all type of bodies from western Ukraine. Border guards, prison guards, police officers.
    Can’t imagine the Danger Pay for the EU guys…just thinking of Dr Kinzhal doing midnight rounds would give me the Willie’s. I don’t think he calls ahead.

Cheers M

Posted by: sean the leprechaun | Feb 26 2024 22:45 utc | 69

WES
    Participant

Dr. D. Rich:

Interesting you mentioning Cambodia today! My brother is currently touring Cambodia for 2 weeks. Not his first visit either. Maybe 3rd or 4th visit?

I have secretly been hoping Ukraine’s SBU would false flag Trudeau and Freeland in place of Macron. So far no such luck.

Ukraine is still trying to prevent Ukrainian soldiers from retreating using barrier troops. I suspect this tactic is slowly proving to be less and less effective. Ukrainian Nazis set up barrier troops in the country outside of any village or town they want defended to the last Ukrainian.

This usually ends up with the village/town Ukrainian defenders getting bunched up in the last part of the village/town they are holding, allowing the Russians to more easily FAB them. The Ukrainian soldiers know if they try to leave the village/town they will be killed by the barrier troops. They can only hope they are allowed to leave before the Russians kill them.

Ironically the barrier troops are helping the Russians kill more Ukrainian soldiers faster but as time goes by the barrier troops will end up with less and less Ukrainian soldiers in front of them to shoot! As we have already seen in Avdeevka, the barrier troops are refusing to move into and defend any front line positions.

The huge difference today verses yesterday, is the Russian army is now using complete combined arms warfare on the Ukrainians and the Ukrainians can no longer stop the Russians from applying combined arms warfare. Thus the increase daily losses on the Ukrainian side to over a 1,000 per day.

jb-hb
    Participant

As I observed on the After Russia’s Capture of Avdeevka article – Russia has been waiting for a moment of moral and morale exhaustion, the Germany 1919/1945 moment.

NATO also anticipates this moment and will be creating paramilitary forces and/or moving into areas of Ukraine they want, forestalling any Russian advance.

Therefore Russia will also be building up paramilitary forces in the western Ukraine. If Russia does not go past the Dniepr, then it will be NATO’s plans reversed – NATO forces fighting insurgents. But really insurgent vs insurgent with the NATO side beefed up by NATO regulars. Russian regulars simply cannot get to Lwow or wherever in time so it’s going to be a Korea compromise or insurgent vs insurgent.

WES
    Participant

Zerosum & jb-hb:

Interesting speculation on western Ukraine’s future fate.

Before the SMO Nato was expecting the Russians to end up fighting a long costlý guerrilla war in the Ukraine.
    By going slow the Russians prevented that from happening.
    After 2 years of war Ukrainians are sick and tried of war and just want peace.
    Ukrainian society likely is no longer in the mood to support a long guerrilla war.
    As we have seen recently, the reverse, an anti-Nazi guerrilla war appears more likely.

Nato also doesn’t want any parts of the Ukraine to have the chance or freedom to hold a democratic referendum!

Not sure what Russia’s counter strategy will be.
    But I am certain they have gamed this out already.

Celticbiker
    Participant

If you are White/and/or Christian and cannot see the jewthing by now, you are beyond naive and backtracking into retardation. There is a fucking elephant in the room, but you keep circling the space , staring at the walls and pointing out the pictures. Aspnaz and Citizen X excluded, you are some of the dumbest, smart motherfuckers I’ve ever encountered. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

Oroboros
    Participant

It’s been reported that among the10 million+ illegal immigrants that have crossed into the Empire of Lies southern border include at least 25,000 Russians.

“Russia, as the largest country in the world, has great ethnic diversity, is a multinational state, and is home to over 190 ethnic groups nationwide.

I think far more than 25k Russians have entered Duh’merica through the open southern border.

Many of these Russians are going to be ‘imbedded’ sleeper agents throughout Duh’merica.

Russia graduates more engineers and science majors per year than the Empire of Lies

Knowing how power grids and cell tower systems are put together is an engineer’s stock and trade.

No one knows where these Russian ‘migrants’ have gone.

They just slid under. the door and POOF! They’re gone!

Hahahahahaha

If NATO=ZATO thinks. they have ‘assets’ in Russia,

Russia has magnitudes more in Duhmerica.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Oroboros

I think far more than 25k Russians have entered Duh’merica through the open southern border.

Many of these Russians are going to be ‘imbedded’ sleeper agents throughout Duh’merica.

Russia graduates more engineers and science majors per year than the Empire of Lies

To maintain their cover and be imbedded in the most useful locations these almost certainly highly competent Russian agents will likely preform well at their “cover job” until called upon to do their sleeper/spy/agent stuff.

In that case their presence might produce a net gain because at least they would be doing productive things in the meanwhile.

Oroboros
    Participant

@D Benton Smith

“Would you like Fry-skis with that Sir?”

Hahahahahaha

Stop yer killin me!

WES
    Participant

Why are we seeing more anti-Nazi guerrilla warfare in Ukraine now and not before?

One obvious answer is the smell of defeat is in the air everywhere in the Ukraine.
    In Russian speaking areas of the Ukraine, guerrillas now have more local support.

On MoA, I read a comment that partially answered that question.

Before the SMO started, the Ukrainians had some highly mobile troop units.
    Now with few helicopters left, the Russians have made flying helicopters too dangerous.
    So there is no ability to move troops quickly from one area to another to try and catch guerrillas.
    Now the Ukrainians only have local SBU units to fight guerrillas.

Obviously the quality of any remaining security guards has likely also deteriorated too.
    Who in their right mind would volentarily want to guard a valuable military target?

Oroboros
    Participant

The Babylon Bee

New York Prosecutes Couple For Fraud For Listing Their House For $499,000 When It Ultimately Sold For $485,000

Oroboros
    Participant

Oh the Humanity!

Oroboros
    Participant

HATE SPEECH !

Oroboros
    Participant

The Inevitable Progression

…….when they came for Mary Poppins and I said nothing……

Oroboros
    Participant

Russian STEM is rockin’!

Russians took the ‘HIMAR’ concept, nearly tripled the warhead lod from the Duh’merican one of 80kg to 200kg for the Russian one.

Then let the Russian STEM complex trick their ‘himar’ out like a 60’s muscle car on steroids

“And it’s Gone…”

Michael Reid
    Participant

The Ruling Class is FULL OF SH*T, Israel is a FAILED STATE

https://www.rt.com/shows/going-underground/592950-roger-waters-julian-

assange-london-court/

Michael Reid
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

Man, Restricting Mary Poppins?!
    😮

RIP
    Satire

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

So Larry Johnson is in Russia for a conference and meet with a number of students at Moscow University.

He said the word the students were Repeatedly using to describe the West and the Empire of Lies was: Satanic

Hurrah, finally the smart kids are accurately using the correct term for an imploding vulture ‘kulture’.

There is no better way to undermine a fairly smoothly running system than by saying there are traitors amongst you. At least, that’s what I learned on Star Trek.

H
    honesty
    A
    accuracy
    I
    integrity

YES!
    Screw DEI. Instead, give me HAI.

John Day
    Participant

Aaron Bushnell recorded his final statement and last 3 minutes of life here:
    https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=64311

Dr D Rich
    Participant

@WES

Other differences not so different…the masters of “distinction without merit”.

Kissinger won’t be available to lie about The Ukraine for more than 5 times as long as That Thankfully Dead War Criminal lied about Cambodia. Of course, Hank (affectionate form of Henry) would be joining the chorus of monumental hypocrites criticizing Bushnell. The critics say Bushnell chose the wrong context for staging his profound protest deliberately in uniform citing the UCMJ.

The answer to Bushnell’s critics, indeed selective enforcers of the UCMJ apparently is the following:
    Decontextualize this mutherfuckers.
    “Shut up”
    “Don a uniform”
    “Shoulder a weapon”
    “Stand a post”

And start prioritizing your oath, duty and commitment to U.S. Constitution over fealty to a Zionist pipe dream, Israeli fomented genocide or Jewish faith initiative in The Ukraine.

What impoverished mind finds fault over a man’s sacrificial suicide BEFORE that man pursues war criminal Barack Obama author of The Decade-long The Ukraine War and brings him to Justice for time immemorial.

Michael Reid
    Participant

The United States and its orbit of vassal states are the ‘coalition against peace.’

https://www.rt.com/shows/crosstalk/592976-biden-administration-against-the-world/

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Oroboros

Aside from keeping a clean nose and showing up for work on time at their cover jobs the other that thing makes the Ruskie illimmigrants a better overall deal is that they’re so much cheaper. The sanctions prevent them from being given plane tickets, cash cards, hotel rooms and per diem food allowance. Saves taxpayers big bucks.

aspnaz
    Participant

John Day said

This just might be the most American thing I have ever heard of. It’s more American than the fake bald eagle cries they put in Hollywood movies. It’s more American than monster trucks and mass shootings. You simply cannot fit more America into a single incident than a man dying a horrifying death in protest of war crimes while a first responder screams at cops to stop pointing their guns at him and go get fire extinguishers. If you were to pick a single moment in history to sum up the essence and expression of the US empire, that would be it.

In no way does this represent the USA in any form. Firstly, when was the last time anyone in the USA ever did something like this, a purely sacrificial protest? Yes, we see people kill themselves, but usually after killing a load of other innocent people. THAT is America, the killing of loads of innocent people. The selfless act of self-immolation as a protest against your own government is not an American act. Just read Dr D, he is full of excuses as to why he cannot do anything to save his country. That is America.

Sure, the response of the military/police is typical, but this incident is not about the military, it is about a guy protesting about Gaza. Why is Caitlin turning this into something about the police? Why is she totally ignoring the main event, the main actor in this incident? She is basically using this incident to further her own agenda and the protester be damned.

Caitlin the cunt, she always has been since the start of her vocal man-hating, telling us men how bad us men were in typical ugly Australian hag way, I see she hasn’t changed.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@aspnaz

In no way does this [the self immolation protest of Gaza genocide by Aaron Bushnell] represent the USA in any form

How could you possibly know any of that? The simple fact is that you don’t . You’ve never been here, have you? In that case all of that seething vitriol is backed up by nothing but your own dark imaginings. Have you ever even met anyone who is similar to these people you hate so vehemently, or is it all just a huge amorphous generality? If so, then the inside of your head must be a living hell to live in, and you’re doing yourself no favor to pretend that you’re right about any of it.

DarkMatter
    Participant

This just might be the most American thing I have ever heard of.

The “most American thing” was not the self-immolation itself but the peace officers responding by drawing their weapons. Reminds me of Fouad Kaady who was found naked and bloody in the road with his car on fire and who was then tazed and shot by peace officers within a minute of their arriving on the scene.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.