Debt Rattle February 27 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 27 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ben Shahn “Scene in Jackson Square, New Orleans” 1935 • World Trade Falls 13.8% In Dollar Terms (FT) • Scepticism Rife Over G20 Move To Calm FX (FT) •
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 27 2016]

Raleigh
    Participant

“Any country that unilaterally rejects an EU law duly enacted on migration or otherwise cannot remain a member of the Union.”

I just have to laugh out loud at this. Our financial system is run by the elites, along with the media, the educational system, the think tanks, elections, the court system, NATO, IMF, World Bank, UN, BIS, and some fat bastard (Peter Sutherland), who has belonged to every single elite organization known to mankind (I listed them last week) says that we’d all just better step in line?

“Come one, come all. Free education, free medical, dental, housing, welfare, food.” Whoops, we’re being overwhelmed (as if Merkel didn’t know this would be the case when she shouted it out), and now she wants everybody else to go along with her mad scheme. Does she think that these other countries actually signed on for this? No, you’re right, they didn’t. If she wants the migrants, she can have them all.

The majority of the people in Europe do not want this. The migrants had a safe refuge in Turkey, but they are coming because of Merkel and what she’s willing to give them. They’re not staying in Greece because Greece does not hand out benefits. If Greece did, they would be staying there. They are heading straight for the countries that hand out great benefits, and they’re being very selective about which countries they travel to. If I was fleeing for my life, I think I would have kissed the ground as soon as I entered Turkey.

As you said, things change. The countries that are not welcoming the migrants did not sign up for this, and the people are overwhelmingly rejecting what’s happening. It is their countries, and they have a right to speak up without being shamed.

There is a plan, an agenda (and, no, it’s not compassion) for what’s happening, and again it’s all being done without any input from the people. So they plug another paid-off, unelected piece of scum into the UNHCR (I guess they must have needed another stooge, so they moved Sutherland from whatever he was currently stooging into the UNHCR slot) and what, we’re supposed to listen? Forget about it!

Greenpa
    Participant

“Something tells me we can always get stupider.” Totally true, and something we will forget instantly each time we relearn it. A viral image at the moment is the most illustrative I’ve found:

You’re too old for this shit…

There is a long list of reasonable thoughts any one of which should have prevented this- but none did. Everyone here knew the consequences of failure would be very high. The “buzz” is “aren’t seniors funny in how stupid they are” – but something just this stupid, and more, is done by young folks every 5 minutes. It’s inherent in our species. All people are easily led by non-rational processes; and there are lots of people who know how to do it. And do it.

jal
    Participant

Greenpa:
    You must be the one wearing the lime green jacket or the one wearing the white jacket at the bottom left hand.
    🙂

Raleigh
    Participant

Greenpa – that is some seriously funny video, and very illustrative of stupidity. You can just hear the hips breaking and the knee replacements snapping from that bonehead move. Snap, crackle and pop! Hope no one was seriously hurt. They obviously were not students of physics. Notice how everyone just assumed it would work out well, or else they would have been ready to jump. I did not see any one of them “jump” (except for the guy in the green jacket). That would have taken forethought.

The more I see and hear of the world, the more I realize we are completely screwed. The elite just keep repeating and repeating catch phrases and theories until we (most of us) swallow them whole as if they are the truth, no questions asked: “QE is absolutely needed. Yes, these people are refugees, even though there are no guns at their backs and they’ve travelled through umpteen safe countries before claiming to be one. We ‘must’ have inflation; deflation is ‘bad’. Don’t bother saving because you’ll be able to ‘rely’ on social security when you’re older. There’s no over-population. Technology will take care of everything.”

Lies, lies and more lies, repeated until they’re taken as truths. The elite know they are lies. “What the hell,” they say, “these people are too stupid to ever figure it out. When, or if, they ever do figure it out, it’s too late. The damage will have been done, but who cares, the idiots end up paying for the damage, while we reap all of the benefits.”

Perhaps we listen to the elite now because we’ve had careful conditioning since birth to listen to our parents, to our teachers, to our ministers. When very young, we had to, for safety reasons. But it sets up the problem of never really questioning anything, going forward while blindly listening to what our so-called knowledgeable elders are telling us. A kind of “conditioned stupidity”.

Saw a good quote: “Once you have accepted a theory, it is extraordinarily difficult to notice its flaws. As the psychologist Daniel Gilbert has observed, disbelieving is hard work.” — Daniel Kahneman who shared the 2002 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with Vernon L. Smith.

Disbelieving is hard work. It sure is; one of the hardest things you can ever do. So is questioning authority. The elite know that if they can mold us while young, they have got us, and we will blindly follow. But the elite have pushed way too far this time, and people ARE beginning to disbelieve/question. That’s a good thing.

Greenpa
    Participant

jal – 🙂

raleigh – it IS funny, which is another mystery about our species. The great philosopher (and I mean exactly that) Mel Brooks pointed out this quirk of ours: “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.” Like most of his work; distilled cosmic truth, and horrifying. And most of us humans laugh when we read those words; I still do.

I spent some time trying to find out what injuries resulted, with limited success. I did track down a Youtube post with sound and a slo-mo version. It’s in Switzerland, and one commenter says injuries were limited to a person with 2 broken ribs, and another with a broken “lumbar”; which he doesn’t seem to realize means a broken back. Several of the men on the right fell very badly indeed, on their heads or neck; I have to think damage was much worse than that. youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-b4lo_-ok

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.