Debt Rattle February 28 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 28 2021

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Dome ceiling at the Ambassadors’ Hall in the Royal Alcazar of Seville, Spain 1427 (click to enlarge)   • Vaccine Passports Are A Technical And Et
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 28 2021]

Dimitri
    Participant

Whatever happened to the flu? Does anyone have some data? Is flu eradicated or what? I’m asking because I had a look at Greek data and from 20/09/2020 – 14/02/2021 not one sample, not one, was found positive for flu viruses. Is that possible?

There are stories like that in many countries. But no explanations as far as I’ve seen, other than lockdowns and facemasks.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dome ceiling at the Ambassadors’ Hall in the Royal Alcazar of Seville, Spain 1427

That leaves me temporarily speechless…

That leaves me temporarily speechless…

No kidding. Did you enlarge it?

The dome (3D) aspect is not really clear in that photo, but it is here:

dome

Dimitri
    Participant

If lockdowns and masks work for the flu how come they don’t work for the corona virus?

If lockdowns and masks work for the flu how come they don’t work for the corona virus?

I’m sure Fauci knows

V. Arnold
    Participant

No kidding. Did you enlarge it?

…of course…
    The 3-D is mind boggling…

Ceiling painters and decoraters were from another world altogether…

Dr. D
    Participant

Unable to post. Test.

Dr. D
    Participant

I like the practical math involved in that. Very nice.

Mask indicator today (rolls 20-sided dice) = 7. 7 Masks today. Science™ says so!

And remember: there both IS and ISN’T a vaccine mandate and vaccine passport. A = A and A ≠ A.

They don’t like it and they’re not up to something:

“Lockdowns are quietly improving cities around the world.

“If there was any doubt that economic lockdowns supposedly inspired by the Covid pandemic are the peak in globalist propaganda, it disappeared not so “quietly” once and for all at 5:48am ET on Saturday, when the globalist organization which recently unleashed such lunatics as Klaus Schwab, best known for revealing the endgame with his book COVID-19: The Great Reset, deleted a that “Lockdowns are quietly improving cities around the world.

WEF

Remarkably, the WEF’s propaganda tweet – which was was accompanied by a video showing deserted streets and silent factories, that noted a record drop in carbon emissions and linked to an article claiming that silent cities contributed to better detection of minor earthquakes (because millions of workers losing their jobs is clearly less important than being able to measure the next M2 quake to the 8th significant digit) – survived just a few hours following a barrage of mockery and outraged comments.”

Naturally had to delete it. What did I say about it being impossible for me to destroy them faster than their pin-headed tone-deafness and out of touch psychosis was doing it themselves?

Oh no, it goes on:

“We’re deleting this tweet, but doubling down on our idiocy”:

“But [lockdowns] are an important part of the public health response to COVID-19”

Lambasted a second time, since lockdowns are NOT an important part, since our 1-year, 2 billion person experiment proved they do not work. At all. NY and FL are the same. CA and TX are the same. They did literally nothing besides cause lasting mental health issues in children and end all human rights forever. But with those wonderful side effects, who needs an reason, right?

A #Science-freeZone.

Finishing the comments on their dead tweet: “You’ve proven the conspiracy theorists correct in how mad you [really] are”

WEF’s response? Blame the workers: “It was written by a working human being who made a mistake. It was deleted.”

Knew this would be my/our fault somehow. We will be punished with lockdowns until we stop making mistakes like following Science.

Other news today: “Why The Capitol Riot Terrified The Elites”

Because they planned a false flag with those pipe bombs planted the day before, that everyone’s forgotten and no one can track in the city of 10,000 cameras – the day before mind you, meaning there can be no incitement – yet when their plan of being a weeping victim to those terrible, awful red hats didn’t go off, didn’t happen, AT ALL, the American people being overwhelmingly peaceful aside from an AntiFa “reporter” who CNN paid $75,000 to break in and film it, they, being minions with no imagination, just WROTE IT ANYWAY, and proceeded as if it had, looking like a bunch of weak, butt-hurt dummies. That is, it “terrified” them because they always planned to pretend to be “terrified” by their own framing of their enemies (viz. all 330 Million American citizens) and so “the show must go on.” You didn’t think anything these guys did from dawn to dusk was real, did you? That any single word out of their mouth wasn’t a lie?

And they’re still at it, although I don’t know why these things work. Even generally sensible, centrist reporters like Pool casually admit that there was a “storming” or a “sieging” or an “insurrection” by unarmed people who had no plan and toured the building during a media-run AntiFa photo-op, directed other visitors not to break stuff, and in a few minutes got bored/worried and left.

These are guys who own all 350 million guns, and this is literally their argument and story. Congressmen who point this out are considered nuts. I guess they’re talking to the #Lying and the #AntiLogos crowd, because that sure makes no sense, and no definition of those words I’ve ever seen.

Was there unauthorized entry and trespassing? Arguably yes, even though Pelosi demanded the National Guard allow them, Capitol Police were denied 6 times, and the police opened the fire doors for them. And that is what has been charged in court, Zero counts of insurrection, rioting, or anything else. The media prints the judge, the prosecutors, the courts, and of course the country are “White Supremacists™” (the black ones, ‘natch) because even 99-44/100ths pure-blue D.C. can’t seem to hold them in jail for anything. Because there was a “Court” here, which meant they presented “evidence” with “logic”, exactly what the election cases so far have refused to do. Ever. Even once.

So I guess they will pay fines or do 30 days for trespassing, as is appropriate. Sort of. It’s still grossly unfair if a policeman encourages/entraps you into it. “Hey why don’t you sit the driver’s seat of my police car, I’ll hold the door.” “Okay.” “You’re under arrest.” What?

A Whopping 91% Of US Restaurants Will Invest In Kitchen Automation, Says Survey”

$15.hr. Helping! Government can’t stop helping all people to an early death! They’re also the ones who put interest rates at 1%, 100% free money, and made it all possible. At 8%, the automation that murdered your family wouldn’t be economical.

“Biden Says US Will ‘Never’ Accept Russia’s Annexation of Crimea (Antiwar)”

Biden’s plan is WWIII just as Hillary’s was. Her setup was: Russia says they will fully engage in Syria if we go too far. That would essentially cause WWIII in weeks. She said she knew. She said to the world on camera she would do it anyway.

Oh and they plan on attacking Russia to make WWIII without any planes. The F-35 “Flying Penguin” is essentially dead, after half a trillion in losses, that any non-flying, non-pilot taxpayer could see would never work oh for going on 20 years now. The only nation dumber than us is Britain, who erased the NHS to build a carrier for an airplane that didn’t exist and never will. Now why is every Billy dying in Blackpool, their children coming to school white with hunger? A: Don’t care, stopped at the word “white.”

We are collapsing. We are coming home. Kagan’s empire we fought against him to end, ends with the US$ system. At 1.6% interest rates and $50k Bitcoin, that’s ending right now. Central Banks can print an answer to everything but inflation. Is Tesla at $1Trillion and GME at $200 inflation? Has the whole stock system come unmoored, so that the exchange are THEMSELVES de-listing trading on vulnerable stocks, the list ever-expanding, the Fed bank and Algos locking up in HFT fights with each other? Yes it is. Bye-bye. End of empire. I’m doing nothing but eating cake and drinking champagne to their immediate destruction.

“the US/NATO “strategy” of containment of Russia”

Only in their minds of #AntiLogos, the fight against Reality, God, and Truth itself. They plan on containing a nation with 12 time zones. Which is united with China. Without a home economy and without any planes. Of people who weigh 300lbs and will hide under a bed if someone coughs. Please.

” Can The US Become Self-Sufficient In Rare Earth Materials Again? (F.)”

In contrast to the above: practically overnight. The military mothballed our advantage in REM but kept the equipment in place to draw China into the WWIII they were planning, making us look weak. But they can just turn on the lights and get all they need in weeks/months.

“Second Former Aide Accuses Gov. Andrew Cuomo of Sexual Harassment (NYP)”

If you’re wondering, Cuomo can’t be removed. As we learned in ‘20, nobody voted for him anyway, just like all the other DNC Governor states. It was all invented electronically. That’s why he doesn’t care. But I thought “our democracy was at risk” and they would all fight for it? Both Bezos and Newsome required signatures and drivers licenses to vote with them because it’s safer. But not for their enemies. “It’s not fascism/racism when we do it” says the Great Wall of Pelosi.

Perhaps I over-state? Let’s see: Both Cuomo and the Manhattan D.A. took 6-figures ON THE RECORD from Harvey Weinstein for a free raping license. Yes, for a small fee to Mr. Andrew, you can rape any woman in the State of New York and walk away like he did. Been going on for years, decades, says Epstein/Maxwell. Why mad now? I don’t understand. This is how things are, how they have ever been. NY, the highest example, best place in the Union.

“Why Bill Gates Is Now The US Biggest Farmland Owner (NYP)”

Do you think he knows something, like his “Event 201” before Covid, or is planning to MAKE something happen, like his “Event 201” before Covid? A: Who cares? He’s telling you food prices will go up and he’s cutting off your supply. Respond. His pal Soros already bought up (and shut down) the food-moving service, like grain elevators. Their other pal owns the railroad. Other corporations-merged-with-government own the seeds and are outlawing old varieties. They have you by the balls. Do something.

Dr. D
    Participant

It refused the image completely. Continuing:

“Unmasking Bitcoin Inventor May Send Cryptomarket Into Tailspin – Coinbase (RT)”

Yeah, they said that about every event in BTC for 5 years now. Tether being just yesterday, which like all of them, did nothing. But why would you think so? The most likely Nakamoto is the US government/Fed/NSA who are the only people with the expertise, following immediately on the ‘08 crash and possible Mad Max utter ruin and death of 200M Americans CIA-firm Deagle talks about.

So if Nakamoto is the U.S. government white hats (consortium), then BTC is the new U.S. Dollar reserve currency. That erases the debt and doesn’t have the internal-external Triffin’s Paradox. That’s why it’s not being stopped. And that means BTC goes down? No, it goes UP. It’s the answer to the WFC, even if with competing currencies, hard money, and a multi-polar world, just as they wrote in their White Papers in 1979. “On the Road to the Golden Age”

Best I’ve read: Satoshi is an obscure Japanese graphic novel character. Nakamoto is his sidekick, his page. Like “47 Ronin” they pretend they aren’t after revenge while actually planning the opposite. It’s very likely any programming nerd – an old one, over 50 – could have read and known this.

Does that make more sense now? Or would you rather/do you think the combined forces of the U.S. government would just let the dollar collapse, have no plan, and there are no good guys anywhere trying to mitigate the damage? That’s Mr. 17, right? That’s why it’s an unhinged conspiracy theory? Mr. 17 says A) There is blackmail in the halls of power. B) there is pedophilia and bribes and C) there are good guys in government who would like to get the upper hand and stop them.

That’s what this theory says: A) they know the bad guys got control in ‘63. Eisenhower told you this. B) they put the U.S. on a collapsing standard in ‘71 that would fail by 2018 (‘89 Economist) C) the replacement plan was a universal, technocratic, digitally tracked currency that can be shut off for dissidents, like Russo and Rickards said. D) All of that was already built, tested, and ready to install, as we see with Covid, where they claimed they didn’t, but a minute later have it, do it, against all logic, reason, science, demand, and human rights, as published by the WEF. E) Therefore, their plan needed to be undermined and diverted since they didn’t have the power to openly oppose and destroy it. F) They pre-released their own digital currency system ahead of time, to the people, in a way they were not in control of. Then forced the timetable so that the WEF would be shown for the murdering, fascist maniacs they are, and their close alliances with Epstein, Maxwell, etc. Then you have to trust the people themselves to take them apart, piece by piece. There’s nothing else you can do. But that’s all the power they had. If the people don’t choose freedom and punish serial, perpetual rape and murder, then we all fall.

But although slow, they will and have. Although annoying, the WEF and WHO are totally discredited and opposed. People re-learn why freedom exists, especially freedom of speech. This is better than if Big Sky Father government and U.S. Military does it while you sit on the couch and complain on twitter. I bloody well hope you sweat, and fight, blood and tears. You deserve it, you feckless, derelict cowards. You should take a few licks from the government you deserved, but I can’t let freedom fail just because they deserve it. We have to, and are, and will, win anyway. They lost. It just takes time. I hope you get black in both eyes so you remember it.

Basseterre Kitona
    Participant

Mix 1 part seasonal flu with 2 parts marketing team and voila: covid. Sorry, forgot to scream, meant COVID! That might sound ridiculous but I’m really wondering if we’ve all been thoroughly duped by this BS.

• Biden Says US Will ‘Never’ Accept Russia’s Annexation of Crimea (Antiwar)

That’s convenient because maybe it is time that the rest of the world refuses to accept the US’s annexation of Hawaii.

• Vaccine Passports Are A Technical And Ethical Minefield (FT)

In practical terms of disease control, this passport idea is totally stupid and a waste of time. Firstly, because the corona virus (and most other diseases) are already spread all over the world. Like what? Are we trying to protect Antartica? Is that the idea?

Secondly, yeah, there is all kinds of technical BS involved not to mention it is one more stupid thing that you have to wait in line at government bureaucracy to receive. And then how up to date is it really? And who is enforcing it? It’s not like there’s never computer glitches or power outages.

Thirdly, the ethical part is very real. Why stop at corona virus vaccine? But just imagine the civil liberties outcry if a country tried to bar HIV positive travelers. That’d clearly be discrimination against homosexuals and there’d worldwide condemnation. And let’s not forget that at the same time that these clowns want vaccine passports, they are also advocating borderless travel for migrants…how does one make any sense of that BS?

This clown show needs to end and some sanity must return.

Irish
    Participant

THIS is the content I come here for! Dr. D, you are a visionary!

zerosum
    Participant

Where does the truth lie?
    “Exclude those who lack identification” rifraf

Even better
    Include only the selected chosen few (elites, and servants, Noah’s Ark )
    ———–
    “…. endlessly demonizing both Russia and China to justify a Western military build-up”

Capitalism, ( which doesn’t exist), cannot survive if it succeeds in achieving a monopoly.
    Communism, (which doesn’t exist), cannot survive if it succeeds.
    ———–
    ” ….left her feeling that he “wanted to sleep with me.” Bennett”

Men’s desires can be manipulated by a woman.
    Woman decides
    Woman can destroy
    Women know the truth.
    ———-
    ” Can The US Become Self-Sufficient?
    …. we really are exporting a lot of pollution ….”

Will the USA give up its foreign slave?
    Will the USA bring back pollutions to its back yard?
    Will the USA give up its worship of the dollar?
    ——–
    ” ….about 60 percent of row-crop farmland in the Midwest is leased.
    The landowners can include investors like Gates.”

Future benevolent society!
    Future tribal society!
    ———

Biden’s lalaland or Trump’s vision
    My dream?
    Comfort, Pain free. No wants or desires. Satisfaction.
    Your dream?

phoenixvoice
    Participant

The danger of the administrative state

I think it is important to understand that “not all regulations are created equal.”
    Some regulations have come about because selfish and powerful players have abused many people, many banded together to have their voices heard, and a regulation is the result. I’m not going to pretend that the regulations that have resulted have not also had unintended adverse consequences, but it must be understood that simply clearing such regulations aside leaves us with the problem that created the regulation in the first place. (Think: Glass-Steagal.”)

However, increasingly in a political arena that is dominated by whoever receives the most money in campaign donations and support from super PACs, regulations are made to benefit powerful individuals or groups who made campaign contributions. The federal government is the government body farthest from the people, and the least able to be actively responsive to the needs of the people, and yet we have tasked it with the bulk of the tax revenues, regulation-making, and provider of funds to the poor, disabled, and retired. Increasingly, public school revenue also comes from the federal government. Funding always comes with strings attached, and when the funder is far removed from the recipients, the “strings” tend to be mis-matched to the recipients’ actual situation — recipients will start to pattern their lives to match with the program requirements, rather than make decisions that best fit their life situation or individual capabilities.

These problems are real. But they don’t come about simply because “regulations=bad.” These are systemic issues. The systemic issues will simply manifest in alternative ways if the regulations are wiped away. The regulations were put in place to “fix” a broken system or to “rig” the system. Those who engineered the rigging will still have enormous power should their regulatory rigging be swept away, and will simply find innovative ways to attain the same purpose — to maintain and increase their wealth and power.

I am frustrated by all who think that if we just “end the Fed,” or “vote out Trump, vote in Biden,” or vote in Trump, or get *my* party in control of Congress and the office of the president, or move to all electric cars, or stop eating meat, or can own/open carry any weapons we wish, or ridded ourselves of most regulations…THEN we could return to some idyllic situation…. Never realizing that the system is the problem, and tinkering here or there won’t fix it.

Small business owners in a small community will often (but not always) steer their businesses in ways that promote the general well-being of the community, even when it causes them to have smaller profits. This is because they are invested in the community, they see their neighbors as peers, their clients as peers — some even see their employees as peers. As humans, we are generally hard wired (to some degree or another) to behave cooperatively with those we see as a part of our communities, those who are not “other.” If we want to improve our human societies, we need to have systems that build upon the pro-social elements of our psyches. If we have systems that emphasize the value of cooperation, and see competition as a fun exercise among friends (let’s see who can run the fastest, who can solve this problem the best way, etc.) rather than a life or death struggle for survival, we may find that most regulations can be relegated to the dust bin, because we have something better to replace them.

Hence my interest in worker self-directed enterprises — because groups of people learning how to work cooperatively together for their own well-being, without needing top-down control or direction has potential to birth us a system that actually gives us liberty. Of course, there will be stumbles along the way, but I suspect that cooperating with others is a collection of skills that can be learned.

==========

<<Where does the truth lie?
    ” ….left her feeling that he “wanted to sleep with me.” Bennett”

Men’s desires can be manipulated by a woman.
    Woman decides
    Woman can destroy
    Women know the truth.>>

There is no material difference in a woman making this accusation as anyone making an accusation of wrongdoing towards another when there happens to be no material way to corroborate that the situation actually took place.

The problem is not endemic towards women.

Look, I’ve been accused of child neglect and abuse by my ex and been investigated by my states “CPS” twice, and then had to defend myself from losing custody of my kids, resulting in an impending bankruptcy. Oh, BTW, I won because my ex’s “evidence”was based on the rumors he and his girlfriend spread about me. But he still gets the kids half the time, and we have joint legal decision making because even when I showed written evidence of his malfeasance it was basically ignored. I get $40/month in child support because the documentation I put together for his income was ignored by the court…it seems that the commissioner just couldn’t be bothered to look at the exhibits submitted. In the midst of all of this I had to fire my second family law attorney about a week before a hearing on child support who pined to me that his wife wouldn’t have sex with him any more, and suggested that I “owed” him because he wasn’t charging me for all of his time, and suggested that he would appreciate repayment via sexual favors. I tried to then have the hearing postponed, avoiding telling the reason why I fired my attorney, knowing that my ex’s attorney would use that information to smear my reputation in court. The commissioner refused to reschedule the hearing, and I tried to arrange for my first attorney to accompany me to the hearing, as she had some familiarity with the case — but she declined as there was not enough time for her to come up to speed.

(Oh, and my ex was verbally/emotionally abusive towards me for years, but…really hard to prove that, ya know? Glad I never got hit, but at least bruises are able to be seen by others.)

With enough life experience, men and women know when another adult is communicating the desire for sex. We have decided that this is generally unacceptable in the workplace, especially when it is among folks where structurally one has power over the other. The woman in question didn’t just have “a feeling” — she understood what was being communicated, and she didn’t like being manipulated. Unfortunately, she didn’t have the foresight to record the conversation. (But really — who does? I didn’t think to predict that my attorney would solicit sexual favors and set my phone to record that day.)

Let’s get real here — we already know from multiple sources that Andrew Cuomo has a nasty habit of using his position to verbally threaten people with “career destruction” for opposing him. It takes the same type of personality to suppose that it is acceptable to pressure subordinate women into sexual favors. Why would this woman’s accusations be seen in a different light from the men who have come forward and shared about how Cuomo has verbally threatened them with career destruction?

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Putin, Crusaders, & Barbarians

This article is like a short version of Gary Lachman’s book Holy Russia. There are important differences, though. Lachman’s book is interesting – if quite chaotic – and enthusiastic about Russian history, until the final chapter when he shifts gear to dump on Putin, whom he seems to hate with a passion. The end of the book (spoiler alert) has Putin, due to his understanding of Russian history and his religious convictions, happily working towards a total nuclear apocalypse.

Escobar IMHO has a much more reasonable view of things. My only complaint is that he seems to skip a paragraph or two before his concluding statement, which comes across as a non sequitur.

cloudhidden
    Participant

Raul, TAE displays in a bit different format and font today. A host change or?
    Thanks for continuing to keep us informed and welcome to the new commentors.

zerosum
    Participant

Dome ceiling at the Ambassadors’ Hall in the Royal Alcazar of Seville, Spain 1427

https://plus.maths.org/content/packing-spheres
    Packing spheres
    Hidden symmetry – in 3, (The precise value of the sphere packing constant in three dimensions is 0.7405 )
    at 6, 8, ( E8 lattice sphere packing), 12, 24, ( the Leech lattice sphere packing)
    Marianne Freiberger

Raul, TAE displays in a bit different format and font today. A host change or?
    Thanks for continuing to keep us informed and welcome to the new commentors.

I noticed. Pretty sure it’s just a software update.

zerosum
    Participant

@ phoenixvoice
    ” …. the system is the problem”

Thanks for your inputs.
    ——-
    I’m not wise enough to add any more comments to the complexity of sexuality.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

Some quiet time for Sunday:

Andres Segovia at the Alhambra

thomasjkenney
    Participant

I would also like to thank phoenixvoice. Evolved systems and their attendant nuance…very important!

Tree Frog
    Participant

Dr D. Hey. Re Bitcoin….

There are Good Guys and Bad Guys, as the stories of of the past and present say, but everyone is an Angle to themselves and the Bad Guys are other.

I’ve long thought there is is a battle between Angels and Demons in societies above the hoi polloi, as you and I might categorize them.

But Bitcoin as subversive tool of the Angels…. Hard to see, practically speaking.

Bitcoin is a computational artifact – a kind of fictional fact. Physically, where are they? How does one get to them? Etc.

Who controls the hardware in which the Bitcoins are “stored”? Who owns the wave-guides through which Bitcoins are managed?

It’s not impossible that the Angles effectively fork the Internet, logically and physically, with the intent of subverting the Demons…. But it seems unlikely.

Cheaters cheat.

WES
    Participant

I am sure by now joe has already forgotten about the Crimea!

Interesting how the MSM can’t stop talking about Trump. Must have something to do with their ratings! joe is so popular that he doesn’t even move the MSM’s needle!

Don’t you just love how “green” bitcoin is! All that energy wasted on something that is not real!

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Basseterre Kitona wrote, “That’s convenient because maybe it is time that the rest of the world refuses to accept the US’s annexation of Hawaii.”

Brilliant! Hawaii was annexed in 1898, in spite of public opposition. Would the US ever give up Hawaii? Of course not, it’s too strategically valuable.

My reading indicates that Crimea freely voted to return to Russia. Would Russia ever give up Crimea? Of course not, it’s too strategically valuable.

VietnamVet
    Participant

I admit that I voted for Barrack Obama twice. I didn’t see the light until the Ukraine Coup and the USA got all upset that Russia kept Crimea where they’ve had a naval base at Sevastopol since Catherine the Great in 1783. This was before the US Constitution was adopted in 1787 and way before California (San Diego) was annexed in 1850 and Hawaii (Pearl Harbor) in 1898. Yes, the naval base that Imperial Japan attacked less than 43 years later and ended with America’s last victory in 1945. The same World War when Russia defeated Germany to regain control of Sevastopol.

Joe Biden is too far gone.

Then there is the malarky about the Administrative State. This is a big lie. It is deregulation and privatization of energy corporations and the deep freeze that killed Texans and likewise wildfires caused by winds downing power lines that killed Californians. The current problem is the globalist controlled Corporate State which freely exploits the little people and the earth. Profit over lives. It is no coincidence that the last American CEO jailed for their crimes was Enron’s Jeff Skilling in the second Bush Administration.

Likewise, for-profit healthcare is incapable of controlling the coronavirus pandemic that has killed half million Americans. The USA is solely dependent on the three Warp Speed vaccines working. The functional national public health systems in Asia and the South Pacific (that have controlled the virus so far) assure success as much as humanely possible as long as these nations keep billionaires from flying the virus into the country in their private jets.

John Day
    Participant

@Phoenixvoice: I hear you, everything from “not all regulations are created equal” onward. Glass Steagall was created to limit financial manipulations by powerful financiers, which robbed everybody else. Many regulations currently make it too expensive to be in a field (like medicine) unless you can afford massive bureaucratic and computer system overhead, which is fabulously expensive, cumbersome, slow, but pays high fees for licensing (for every single person who uses it). This was mandated by law. It’s a huge boondoggle. Administrative overhead in medicine is at least 10 times what it should be and 20 times what it was in 1985. Charles Hugh Smith has done some good graphics on that.
    Cuomo: Power corrupts. Those who seek it are untrustworthy with it.
    Sorry about how you got dragged through the courts and misused.

I have been trying to catch up at the clinic this past week, and the next 2 weeks will be more of that.
    I am getting things planted in all 3 vegetable gardens, too.
    Much less bandwidth for internet communications. Work and sleep.
    Not meaning to whine. Jenny and I are doing fine, but all of the patients and projects need a lot of attention and work. Being a school librarian and helpful with everything that everybody needs, and dictated to by everybody everywhere, and trying to do everything for all of the kids with crashing zoom is not satisfying. Coworkers, kids and parents mostly really appreciate Jenny, but the depersonalization, complexity and failing (expensive) technology makes her work just a constant stream of frustrations, crashes and wasted days. (She sneaks in some weekends to shelve books, because there is no time during the week, any more.)

I really agree with those who see our economic life support system failing from layers of complexity that degrade performance, extract value, introduce corruption-skin, and anti-corruption compliance waste, and are paid for largely by a financial and military system extracting value from “client states”.
    Not only will this “not end well”. It’s already really sick and dehumanizing at all of the levels of real production of value and service.

Therefore, we’re doing our side projects as much as we can. I’ve got no better plans than that.

John Day
    Participant

Oops, make that “introduce corruption-skim”.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

Heh…I read ‘corruption-skin’ as euphemism for ‘managerial stratification’.

WES
    Participant

About kangaroos. They are big buggers too!
    When I was working in Australia for a year, my car was equipped with plastic front bumpers which were rated “good for one roo”! Most Aussies had steel bumpers good for unlimited roos!

The basic therory of the front horizontal bars was to throw the hit roo over the hood of the car.

Some of my co-workers worked up in Queensland so on weekends they would head to the coastal beaches. Then on Sunday night they would head back inland to the coal mines. Nathurally the curious kangaroos are attracted to the headlights!

One poor fellow hit a roo at 100 km/her and ended up with a big red in his front seat. Though technically dead, the roo proceeded to kick the living daylights out of the driver with it’s two big hind feet!

Due to the rather high numbers of costly roo encounters, an accountant in Milwaukee sent a memo to the service engineers in Queensland requesting that they stop hitting roos!

I never hit any roos nor did I even come close to either. I did this by not driving at night.

Back in the early 1980s when I first arrived in Sydney, I remember see bumper stickers saying “pEat Kangaroo Meat! 50,000 Americans Can’t Be Wrong!” This was in reference to a California restaurant chain called “Jack-in-the-Box” that went out of business after getting busted for selling kangaroo meat!

Dr D Rich
    Participant

This guy….
    https://www.cato.org/people/william-j-luther
    was underwritten by someone in GOV’T to spread the gospel about cryptocurrency in early 2018. The timing was impeccable as the gospel spreading coincided with the first BITCOIN run over $20,000 followed by the precipitous dump. Of course, the hysteria involved public encouragement to purchase bitcoin mining rig equipment, unnecessarily.
    Luther’s public presentations were a bit more mundane and demonstrably elementary.
    However, here’s the question that caused William to stumble away from the lectern and a few stern monitors nearby to shoot icy glares at the impudent interrogatory.
    “With the NSA’s purposeful release of the EternalBlue exploits WannMine and WannaCry did the US GOV’T by doing so already select a defacto cryptocurrency standard? And give NSA employees a head start on 21st century wealth making?”

Germ
    Participant

“@Dr D Rich – Wolf has a great take on BTC. Good comment section there too:

The Big “Buy & Hype” Bitcoin Casino

Blockchain per se is certainly transformative, but the ‘coins’ are for the Greater Fool.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

@Germ.
    As the Mormons are wont to say “Amen brother.”

And right in the middle of it in 2017 and 2018 were Crowdstrike and Dmitri Alperovitch providing ‘cybersecurity services’ to the credulous masses. If there ever was a greater misnomer, cybersecurity, then it could only be surpassed by the term ‘Naval intelligence’.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

However and to be certain, what Wolf street describes is exactly the same phenomenon with AAPL stock, thoroughly illusory. It doesn’t matter that he compares BTC unfavorably to Berkshire Hathaway because BKH makes $20 billion per quarter and hordes, er ah. I mean holds $100 billion in cash reserves. His reasoning is self-referential logic. Or “my money has meaning because I make alot of this money and horde a great deal of that meaningful money”.

Perhaps the better question is how did faith in the U$ dollar get bid up into stratospheric existence?
    The environment is ripe for this cultish phenomenon after the year-long priming via Batshit Crazy COVID hysteria

HerrWerner
    Participant

@john-day you struck a chord, on the positives of getting done of small tasks. I think for both the FrauWerner and I – often the minutiae of our day is the most rewarding, and brings peace – morning walk w/the dogs, starting to dig up the vegetable beds, making food for each other. At work, for both of us, me corporate and she working for a nonprofit on a shoestring budget – much is the identical, with an onerous layer of technology that we have to support, zoom meetings, budget calculations, clicking through what passes for “training” these days, I just feel my value being extracted to no good end.

Apropos of nothing – lately at work I’ve taken up my old habit, sketching – just hand sketches, literally with pencil and paper – no CAD, no PC, no cloud or powerpoint, like I did 25 years ago when I was a real engineer, and I think I’ve been more creative in the last month than in years. 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.