Debt Rattle February 28 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 28 2022

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    chooch
    Participant

Neoliberal leaders you say, this guy dances in heels too. Could be a doppelgänger. I’m taking cover.

WES
    Participant

V. P.

I remember reading a story about a German Jew leaving Germany. He could only leave with one metal travel chest with a few of his clothes and some small personal belongings, like family pictures. Nothing else.

He had a jewelry friend melt his gold into 2 hinges, 8 corner protectors, and 2 latches for each of his family’s metal travel chests.

German customs searched his travel chests, confiscating some items out of spite that he had purposely included, but missed the gold!

WES
    Participant

Hi Michael Reid:

How has winter been treating you on the island so far? Has the river frozen?

Your lumberjack outfit was awesome! I would be surprised if there are any trees left, that didn’t run away, after they saw you coming!

My big winter distraction has been my solar cooker (few sunny days) and my budding 3 tap maple syrup operation. So far I have collected 7 liters of sap and boiled it down by 1/32 which is like a few table spoons! I am rich! Don’t expect serious sap to flow until March 6th.

My daughter is leaving tomorrow to Orland to work remotely, staying with my brother who is also working remotely from Detroit.

absolute galore
    Participant

[somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond]
    By E. E. Cummings
    somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond
    any experience,your eyes have their silence:
    in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
    or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
    though i have closed myself as fingers,
    you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
    (touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me,i and
    my life will shut very beautifully,suddenly,
    as when the heart of this flower imagines
    the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
    the power of your intense fragility:whose texture
    compels me with the colour of its countries,
    rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
    and opens;only something in me understands
    the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
    nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

those darned kids
    Participant

spartacus returns: https://iceni.substack.com/p/covid-19-a-web-of-corruption?utm_source=url

“My name is Spartacus, and I’ve had enough.

I am one of the authors of the Spartacus Letter, a document that took the world by storm in September of 2021.”

Bill7
    Participant

e.e. cumming’s poems can be so touching. I’ve asked myself before “how does he do that?”, but then decide not
    to try to analyze.. sometimes things need to be left alone.

slimyalligator
    Participant

Those Darned Kids,
    How in the Hell do I share this with vaccinated family members as much as I would like to?
    “We’ll be going around the mountain cancer comes,
    We’ll be going around the mountain. we’ll be going around the mountain,
    When cancers come, we’ll be going around the mountain when cancer comes.
    Crapola

those darned kids
    Participant

slimy: i try not to talk about the injections with people i know who have received them as i don’t want to frighten them. it’s too late to change anything, and worrying, i feel, will only make it worse for them.

cross your toes..

ctbarnum
    Participant

Before Biden sends us all to the radioactive goop wasteland, let me just say I found this hilarious.

How it got through Qbert’s filter I don’t know.

An excerpt:

“My friends were in trouble. I hadn’t even had my morning vaccines or Remdesivir’d my penis, but I had to move fast. I kissed my Fauci (MBUH) poster (on the lips), put on my hazmat, and ran towards downtown. It was complete chaos in the streets. An angry mob had assembled outside of Starbucks demanding to be QR coded before they ordered their dingleberry frappuccinos and wrote things on their laptops. A hysterical woman stopped me in distress; “PLEASE SIR, PLEASE SCAN MY PHONE! TELL ME I’M A GOOD CITIZEN!” she pleaded. I wanted to help, but I had to find Karl. Her chilling screams for validation will haunt me for the rest of my life.”

Humor is one of the few things that can keep sanity when all around is madness.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.