Debt Rattle February 29 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 29 2016

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

William Henry Jackson Portales of the market of San Marcos, Aguascalientes, Mexico 1890 • China Stocks Tumble Toward 15-Month Low as Stimulus Bets Unw
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 29 2016]

Nassim, that Alexa thing you posted is confused. On average 70% or so of readers are still from US. Quite a few Ozzies too. South Africa is very rare.

garob
    Participant

“What will stop them?”
    Now that was an easy one.. Like everywhere in nature flows stop when pressures equalize, i.e. when life becomes equally miserable on all sides of the fences.
    Which may not be so far off. Some even root for that outcome.
    Eventually a lot of people will be left rueing the day they strayed, strayed so far from their own ones.

Nassim
    Participant

Raúl,

Agreed. It did not make much sense to me. I thought that you maybe had a Dutch version hidden away for these people to read. 🙂

Another possibility is that lots of Chinese are reading TAE, via some VPN service based in South Africa. Unlikely.

By the way, here is an alternative look at what is really going on in Syria et al.

“Since 2012, Moscow has been trying to rally the Western powers to its cause – to defend civilisation against jihadism, as the world was once united against Nazism. In order to do so, it first of all dissociated the White House from the combatants that the United States call « rebels », and whom Moscow regards as « jihadists ». Today, it is trying to isolate Turkey. Far from being a diplomatic epiphenomenon, the cessation of hostilities in Syria marks an about-face. Washington has just admitted that there are no « moderate » armed groups, or none left.”

https://www.voltairenet.org/article190506.html

Personally, I think that Washington has multiple competing foreign policies. The military has one, the CIA another and so on. If the confusion of the Middle East seems bad enough, that of Washington is even worse. These splits are reflected in their allies – CIA and MI6 might be working together and the British Foreign Office might be on quite a different page.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.