Debt Rattle February 5 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 5 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Winslow Homer Mending the nets 1881   • Atlantic Council Anonymous Expose Calls for Regime Change in China (MPN) • Macron: EU Shouldn’t Gang Up O
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 5 2021]

Dr. D
    Participant

nada
    https://www.sinfest.net/btphp/comics/2021-02-05.gif

Again, former super-duper-uber-woke just last year.

If I’m such a far-out super-neanderthal conservative, how come I sound just like the furthest-left Jimmy Dore?
    (Of course NSFW) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yJccSm8QMA

Weird. It’s almost like it’s all the people vs all the establishment insider billionaires and tongue-bathing lackeys, against all their terrible violent, authoritarian, anti-human plans. It’s just me. And Dore’s whole audience of 90,000 people. And Pool’s whole audience of 300,000 people. And the Right’s whole audience of…whatever that is, I don’t follow them. 70 million people?

“Looks like you’re outnumbered”

“A North Korean strike on any of its neighbors would also necessitate an American response against China,”

Reminds me of PNAC, created by Jeb, Cheney, and all the NeoCons that said, “Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.” You know, just before a couple of planes and a couple of buildings had an accident, just before we accidentally invaded a totally unrelated, uninvolved nation, accidentally killed a few million of their citizens, gave the rest birth defects, and are accidentally still there, accidentally costing $7 Trillion that ended up with MIC donors.

So it SURE would be a terrible thing if we accidentally said or did something to North Korea that made us just HAVE to invade China. Such a shame, but white man’s burden, ya know, bringing law and democracy to others that we don’t have at home.

“US Covid Hospitalizations Drop To Lowest Level Since Before Thanksgiving (F.)”

It’s a miracle! Biden wins! And it all happened 5 days BEFORE he was inaugurated:
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Off a cliff! Covid is over, as predicted! Yet we still need the vaccine we haven’t got, and both caused and didn’t cause this cure. It’s totally unrelated to reducing PCR tests from 45 to 30 (and soon lower) as the Nobel-winning test’s inventor has been saying for a year. No, it’s Biden, wait, not-Biden’s inauguration. It’s because he put in a new/same Pandemic doctor Fauci/not Fauci, which are enacting same/not same policies as before, which take effect BEFORE he says them.

Right?

I can’t wait to get vaccinated so I can have no additional rights or freedoms, but go back to my jail cell alone, with my now-mentally-ill children, waiting for the police to break in and ask why there’s two cars in the driveway. We must bring this freedom and success to China, spread it worldwide.

On an unrelated note: no additional deaths in the U.S.! Yet somehow the Flu has been cured!

“Trump adviser Jason Miller dismissed the trial as “an unconstitutional proceeding”

Clearly no one cares that Chief Justice Roberts has also dismissed the whole trial, refuses to appear, and that is definitively required by the U.S. Constitution or it isn’t a legal impeachment. Constitution? What Constitution? The only thing we know is, if it’s in there, we do the opposite. Oh, we have a trial without a judge? Who’s your brother-in-law and was accused co-conspirator of the crime? Or a trial without a prosecuting attorney, but where the Judge overrules the appeals court, judicial review, and is both the judge, prosecution, and the jury?

Sure, why not? “If you won’t stand up for anything, you’ll fall….”

Okay, more fun: THEY specifically listed fake elections as the crime. That means whether the elections are fake is on trial, AND that the Congress has to prove a negative – that is, that they were NOT fake.

At the same time, Dominion has sued several people and are open to full discovery with Powell.

Speaking of, Arizona is FINALLY looking to arrest Maricopa county for refusing to hand over ANY election evidence, in direct violation of many laws. The election was so clean that everyone in Maricopa would rather go to jail than examine their perfectly-fine, not-fraudulent evidence. Okay-dokey. Nothing to see here. Another Friday in America.

“Dominant Capital Is Much More Powerful Than You Think (RWER)”

You certainly CAN use capital in this way but you don’t have to. I CAN use a shovel for an axe, but it’s not the best tool for the job. Natives may have owned the capital of their hut and fishing nets, but this gave them no leverage under their social system and in fact sometimes reduced it. That’s up to US, not somebody else. You’re the one making Bezos rich. But then you want somebody else to fix what you caused. People installed and paid by Bezos, apparently, i.e. the ‘government.’ So will you win or lose when you take that strategy?

“Dems Are Lucy, The Football Is $2,000 (DP)”

If only this were the only complete double-crossing bare-faced lie. I haven’t made a list because it seems petty and partisan, but the list is long. Yellen oversees her $1M donor, Progressives all purged. Warmongers promoted. War re-started. AntiFa arrested. Progressives banned. Amnesty put off for a decade. People deported. Kids in cages. Women attacked. Unions crushed. Black jobs erased. D.C. closed to the public. Executive orders used like a dictator. Oil jobs erased. In 10 days. But you got a free mask. Hey Joe, you know how many masks I could buy for $2,000? UBI: now $600/year plus a free mask.

Wait: which famous “Uncle Joe” is he again? I’m getting confused.

zerosum
    Participant

GREAT CATCH!
    My clarification

MintPress News is not The Atlantic Council

MintPress News is an independent watchdog journalism organization that provides issue-based original reporting, in-depth investigations, and thoughtful analysis of the most pressing topics facing our nation.

We focus our coverage on issues relating to the effects of special interest groups, big business and lobbying efforts and how they shape policies at home and abroad, including American foreign policy. Through the lens of social justice and human rights, we report on how these dynamics drive our foreign affairs and impact the world, and examine the effects they have on our democracy and freedoms as defined by the constitution.

Meet the ENABLERS AND INFLUENCERS Warmongers

Board of Directors

Shaping the global future together

• Atlantic Council Anonymous Expose Calls for Regime Change in China (MPN)

Cutting off your nose
    Burn baby Burn
    population reduction
    resources depletion/shortage

The Longer Telegram: Toward a new American China strategy

FOREWORD, by Frederick Kempe of https://www.mintpressnews.com/
    ———
    Another great catch!

Hunger Games

• Hunger Games (Ben Hunt)

Citadel Securities only cares that you ARE buying or selling. (secondary market – selling/buying part of the original “grubstake”)
    For the nanosecond that Janet Yellen was between jobs as Fed Chair and now Treasury Secretary, Citadel paid her $810,000 to deliver three speeches. Apparently that first speech was so riveting that they needed two more.

And you thought your ten-bagger in GME was a good investment. Imagine spending $800k to be best buds with the person who regulates your $7 billion in annual revenues.

It always amazes me how cheap it is to buy political influence. The best investment on Earth.

I think that Epsilon Theory can help you do that. I think we can help you see markets for what they are. Not what you’ve been told they are, and not what you would like them to be. But what they actually are. And then how to engage with that reality with a full heart. Together.
    ——

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-no-refunds-without-a-bailout-air-canada-executive-says/
    No refunds without a bailout, Air Canada executive says
    ERIC ATKINSTRANSPORTATION REPORTER
    PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 4, 2021

Mr. Rheault told the House of Commons transportation committee. “If we get some aid from the government, we’ll be able to refund” the fares.

Taylor Bachrach, a NDP member of Parliament from British Columbia, noted Air Canada’s latest financial results showed it had $7.7-billion in liquidity, including almost $3.7-billion in cash.

As of Sept. 30, Air Canada had $2.3-billion in advance ticket sales.

The airline has collected almost $500-million in wage subsidies from the taxpayer-funded emergency program designed to prop up people sidelined in the pandemic, Mr. Bachrach said. “That would make it the largest recipient of the wage subsidy in Canada,” he said.

“Can you explain to Canadians why a corporation with billions of dollars cannot provide a refund to customers for a service that was not provided?” he asked Mr. Rheault.

Air Canada is burning through $15-million a day and has laid off 20,000 employees – about half its work force – as it cuts routes and pulls out of smaller airports to save money. Mr. Rheault said the carrier is operating 20 per cent of its network with 50 per cent of its employees.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“The ethics council on Thursday pointed out that it had to be clarified first whether vaccinated people might still be able to transmit the virus. Only if that were ruled out could any exemption from rules such as wearing masks in public places be considered.”

It should already be obvious that a vaccinated person might still be able to transmit the virus. The vaccine effectiveness is not 100%.

Noirette
    Participant

Several links / posts seem to imply that this has never happened before re Cov-19… History repeats.

Plague (Yersinia pestis)

1720, May. Geneva, Switzlerland. (1628 was the previous scare, well remembered at that time.)

Marseille, via a ship “from the Levant” is hit by plague, hides the info for commercial reasons, and half the population in Marseille dies, in the region of Provence 1/3 expire.

July. A sanitary cordon is set up to protect Geneva, a fortified town with radically clear, walled city limits.

72 preventative measures are decreed. (see links, in F.)

All entries to the city, at the Gates, are manned by officials. Everything is triaged and examined. Two large depots are set up, outside the Walls. The one for merchandise cleans and also simply leaves stuff to rest (intelligent), the other for persons, quarantines (from the Italian word for 40, quaranta, i.e. days) all entrants from the affected region or close by (others can enter after a med check up), with, apparently, some exceptions arriving or originating from the Provence Region or S. of France who sport a certificate of a bill of good health.

The postal service continues to function, with delays. Letters are treated with ‘disinfectant’ – vinegar and perfume.

Cabines, or barracks, are set up in a flat area outside the city, for isolating sick ppl. Are triaged: Ill, suspected ill, who are separated, as are the poor and rich. Hospital docs do the surveillance, policing.

ALL assembly is forbidden, including funerals, church services, sports, court cases. Schools and all education close. Officials (Gvmt.) are given extra, emergency powers to impose fines. Ppl are advised not to mingle, circulate. A complicated scheme for delivering provisions is worked out. A rule specifies that homes in which a person has died of the plague must have all the residents in that home quarantine > thus have food delivery.

An ‘exercise’ area is designated, where citizens are allowed to go out and walk, run, breathe.

Doctors and med. personnel are asked to swear a fidely oath, to not leave the Town, as traditionally they are the first to flee. They are offered monetary recompense for staying put. “Black crows” task is to collect bodies, “white crows” carry out the transport of the sick, suspected sick, and health care. All their work obligations, etc. are laid out in the 72 articles.

Good nutrition is advised. Cleaning and personal hygiene are considered vital. Infection is understood somewhat – a dead body is “corrupted” and had to be disposed of pronto – and stagnant water (pipes etc. had to be cleaned.)

Very poor people and beggars are expelled or given housing. Cleaning the streets.

Commerce is decimated and many ppl become poorer.

These measures are enforced for 3 years, and are effective, no plague hit. Some historians opine that is was the cordons sanitaires in France, which btw moved further North as the infection spread, that preserved Geneva.

==========

The main differences as compared to today. Of course COV19 illness is not as deathly as the plague — the difference is between 50% dead and at most 3-4% (to make it really wide and scotch discussions with the ‘if we hadn’t..’) so perhaps one shouldn’t even compare!

In 1720, sick, ill, infected ppl were removed from their homes, isolated, which is not done now. Idk the % of infections in the family at home for COV19, read somewhere 50%, which makes sense.

The other major difference is that travel was reserved for the very rich and some lucrative / essential commerce, and measures to control it (vet ppl, etc.) or stop it (close the gates) were relatively easy to implement.

links are all in F, news articles, archive PDFs.

https://www.tdg.ch/geneve/actu-genevoise/1720-peste-marfseille-menace-genevois/story/16725052

https://archive-ouverte.unige.ch/unige:85124

https://www.unige.ch/lejournal/ejournal/ejournal01/peste-1720/

https://doc.rero.ch/record/27206/files/gf_606.pdf

Bill7
    Participant

‘Christopher Lasch & The Revolting Elites’:

“..In Lasch’s view, American elites have come to loathe their fellow Americans who do not share their rarefied progressive morality. What can any decent man (or woman, or Genderqueer-American) owe to a country and a people who are a stinking mass of bigotry? Revolt can be read as a defense of the white working-class Americans that would later come to be called “deplorables.” But it is also a defense of minorities, who, in Lasch’s view, are victimized by managerial elites in the name of kindness..”

Christopher Lasch & The Revolting Elites

Lasch had it precisely right, and twenty-five years ago. Now I’m told- nay, *required*- to be ultra-woke, masked-up, vaccined-up, and ultra-poor; all for my own good™, of course!

F*ck ’em.

Bill7
    Participant

Adding: Divide et Impera, brought to you and us by Our Elites, Inc; a division of Same-old Same-old, LLP..

Dr. D’s cartoon above is perfect.

Bill7
    Participant

Replying to Noirette: the means of control (of us proles) are *profoundly greater* now, than then.

Around last April I thought people were’t buying the Con; now, most everyone in my region
    (central California coast) is masked-up, getting vaccined-up, and seemingly enjoying their
    newfound servitude to Our Woke Elites..

That many persons are apparently OK with their now-facelessness is maybe the most disturbing aspect of all this,
    to my mind. Can they not_see_what they’re accepting; likely *permanently*?

Bill7
    Participant

Domestic Terror is a Government Without Constraints- Ruh Roh: That Unhinged Canadian Conspiracy Theory is 5-for-5 so far…

Domestic Terror is a Government Without Constraints

Don’t agree with the author’s invoking of the”comm’nism” hobgoblin, but a good piece otherwise.
    Tell me again that this wasn’t planned long ago..

Bill7
    Participant

There is one shopping area in my small town, a bedroom community near San Luis Obispo. One half is [heh; *was*] small-business, now shuttered by “lockdown” and essentially destroyed; the other half Corporate (T-mobile™, Starbucks™, Ace Hardware™..), the latter all open for business throughout the “pandemic”, and on better-than-everStreet.

odd 😉

VietnamVet
    Participant

Yesterday, V.A. asked why I was so glum; thinking the USA could collapse this year.

The Alberta graph above and the rise of new variants in UK, Brazil and South Africa puts neoliberal countries like the USA between a rock and a hard place. To control the virus requires going a war footing and nationalization of the for-profit healthcare system that is clearly incapable of coordinating, funding, or fighting the pandemic. Vaccines at best will protect the rich who can afford the semi-annual or annual corona-jabs until a non-lethal version of the virus predominates and the susceptible hosts are dead.

There is a possibility that the 1889 to 1895 Russian flu pandemic was caused by one of the now five human coronaviruses.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1889%E2%80%931890_pandemic

The USA is too corrupt, greedy and incompetent at the moment to mount an effective public health campaign against the virus. Coronavirus is nearly endemic in the Americas. Without a functional government, it is nature, the effectiveness of local healthcare systems, and death that will decide want happens next.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The USA is too corrupt, greedy and incompetent at the moment to mount an effective public health campaign against the virus. Coronavirus is nearly endemic in the Americas. Without a functional government, it is nature, the effectiveness of local healthcare systems, and death that will decide want happens next.

The U.S. is caught in its own mobius loop, which is endless…
    The Ouroboros also comes to mind.
    I am of the opinion that the U.S. will come through this; but, in what form or shape? Having no idea or relevant historical model, I can only guess it won’t be pretty or fun…
    Forget duck and cover…become valuable by knowing how to do things; build, garden, repair, hunt, fish, and get along with others…

Noirette
    Participant

Yes bill that is different, for sure. Also, Bad colds, flu, tuberculosis, and more did not provoke that kind of strict response at the time. Only the Plague… far more deathly than anything else..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.