Debt Rattle January 17 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 17 2023

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    jb-hb
    Participant

Some amusing comments from a recent Zerohedge climate related article below. I detect both a hardening of hearts towards this religion AND an increase in science based, common-sense skepticism.

Maybe the 2020’s have finally taught everyone that it does not pay to play nice with crazy people who demand you follow “The Rules” while they do not. A continual slide now towards bored, fed-up derision. A default level of basic respect, previously assumed to be an inexhaustible resource has been exhausted. Hey, the Climate Alarmists have reached overshoot. ha.
    ……….
    the phylum of Arthropods with 10 million species has about 50x less efficient Krebs cycle than its human counterpart. there are about 10 quintillion insects with similar or worse krebs cycle than arthropods

Arthropoda phylum beats annual human co2 output by 8000x

8000x! now add all insects…
    ……….
    “They claim that increasing the CO2 from 300 to 400 parts per million has raised the temperature of the earth by 1 degree.

That makes CO2 the most powerful insulation in the universe.

Why don’t we insulate our houses with pure CO2? Encapsulate the CO2 in bubble wrap and use it to insulate our walls and ceilings. This would sequester the CO2 and insulate the house so well, you could heat it all winter on 1 gallon of oil.”
    ……….
    “Ice cores prove that CO2 levels follow global temps., not the other way around. And *poof* the whole man made global warming/climate change canard is decimated.”
    ……….
    The fools, who stupidly allege that CO2 causes Earth’s temperature to rise, cannot explain… “WHY, if the Earth’s historical CO2 level was 280 ppm, as they claim, for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of years…. then what caused all of Earth’s extreme climatic changes, which took place during this same exact time?”
    ……….
    “Please explain, how 280 ppm of CO2 caused the last, Wisconsin, Ice Age, while also causing it to end….and caused this current warm, inter-glacial, period…(the HOTTEST PART of which took place over 6,000 years ago), and then caused the “Little Ice Age,” where we experienced years without a Summer, and which ended in the late 1700s, until TODAY, when the Climate is STILL COLDER than it was 6,000 years ago?”
    ……….
    “Why was there ANY climate change at all…if the CO2 was a steady and constant 280 ppm?”
    ……….
    no loans would be made in Miami if it was going to be under water in 10 years.

……….
    The earth’s atmosphere contains approximately .04% of CO2. Four one hundredths of one percent.

Of that, mankind has contributed about 2-3% percent. In two and a half centuries since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.

You do the math.

And that infinitesimally tiny amount produced by man is destroying the planet?

**** off
    ……….
    :since the satellite measurements did not show “warming” as did ground stations now sited in parking lots, they rigged the satellite data.:
    ……….
    “The polar ice caps disappeared in 2013. Case closed.”
    ……….
    “The con is brilliant if you are on the right side of the trade. It paid for one of AlGore’s California homes with 6 fireplaces.”
    ……….
    “This time period has less CO2 in the atmosphere than most of earth’s history. Carbonate rock such as limestone hold the bulk of “CO2″.”
    ……….
    “Volcanoes spew more carbon into the air each year than people & their machines have since the industrial revolution. The Climate Cult conveniently leaves volcanos out of the carbon cycle when it’s BY FAR the biggest carbon input to the atmosphere.”

irwin
    Participant

Sorry, I menat 1 ft/ 100 years sea level rise — 12 inches.

Dr. D
    Participant

Certainly. And quite right, that is what their models said. That gives us a wonderful demonstration of actual science.

One problem though: they said that 30 years ago and nothing happened. We are 1/3 of the way through your 100 year prediction, and we have, being generous one inch of rise (actually 1/2 inch?). Unless you are also predicting the mechanism has 99 years of nothing and 11″ inches in the final year, your prediction is already in jeopardy.

The problem you made was to use actual science, which has hypothesis, experimentation, results, and discussion. This model is falsifiable; It is real Science. It is being falsified; Therefore the theory is not real Science. It is discarded and replaced with a better model.

Go ahead and finish up your experiment if you wish, but I’ll refrain from on acting on it until you’re providing far more accurate results than the last 40 years. Especially if the acting on it kills 4 Billion people and makes just 5,000 at the top as rich as Crassus, dictators for life.

Billionaire life 4 evah!

Dora
    Participant
    WES
    Participant

Has anybody noticed Raul has a sense of humor?
    In today’s Calvin carton, Calvin is using AI and GPT to create a nice Calvin!
    Tomorrow do we get the bad Calvin?

Tree Frog
    Participant

@DBS

Agreed, being right is not about being smart. We’ve seen lots of smart people do stupid things. Per Taleb, due to a lack of skin-in-the-game. That’s a fact. It’s all evolution, in my view, even dead ends of that kind.

Bardi is also a fact. That a few people seem intent on extermination the vast majority of other – may be a fact. I think “yes”, but I’m not at that table so i don’t know.

As to God… There appears to be a reality but that implies nothing superior on the face of it, i.e., prime mover, that is not similarly physical. One can’t know, of course, hence faith.

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

https://www.rt.com/russia/570033-council-europe-treaties-end/

Russia moves to end European treaties
    Moscow is set to renounce charters and treaties related to the Council of Europe

Return you to your blathering, carry on

Weogo
    Participant

Hi Folks,

My understanding of the world is that, to be healthy, humans need intact, bio-diverse ecosystems.
    ) Working with nature to restore ecosystems means some current
    agricultural lands will have a much lower focus on human food production.
    ) Fish catches will be greatly reduced to restore healthy fish populations.
    ) We have extracted most of the easy to get to Fossil Carbon.
    We will be using far less in the near future, including for agricultural production.
    ) Population x resource use = human impact. Per capita, this varies widely.
    ) The Chinese are on a path to lower population that is in balance with their natural resource base.
    ) While the Amish are better land stewards than some, their
    family size/growth policies are not sustainable on our finite planet.
    Who here would want to live the life of an Amish woman?
    I very much appreciate the pacifism of Amish people.

Given the above, what do you consider to be a long-term healthy population of humans on the planet?
    I’ve seen reasonable arguments for 500,00 ~ 2 billion.

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/blog/agriculture/can-agriculture-fuel-mass-extinction–87180

Thanks and good health, Weogo

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

edit:

Make that inane and incessant blatherings

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@FormerlyT-Bear

That Russia would bother to formally withdraw from treaties seems to me to be a positive signal that they take treaties seriously. Otherwise they could simply ignore them for being as worthless as the paper they’re written on.

Oroboros
    Participant

Empire of Lies Presidementia Joe Joke

Catch a whiff, who cut the cheese?

Oroboros
    Participant

Seig Heil!

tboc
    Participant

Dr. D there has been measureable sea level rise. Using the years 1901-2010 and data from tide guages, accepting the upper bound, sea level rose 0.07 inches (1.8 mm) per annum. When the lower bound is examined the rise is calculated to be 0.013 inches (0.337 mm) per annum or about 1.4 inches(3.5 cm) per century. Some of the variation is due to land subsidence in some of the regions where the gauges are located. The rate of increase is estimated to be 0.007mm per annum at the lower bound and 0.12 inches (3 mm) per annum at the higher bound.

We are on the same page, the brush stroke was just a little broad. As noted earlier i am comfortable with anecdotal evidence of 0.1 inches per annum.

oxymoron
    Participant

jb-hb you just described why my mum is such a pain in the arse

Dora
    Participant

Neil Oliver and John Capbell.

irwin
    Participant

Using the numbers from Climate.gov — 0.14 inches (3.6 millimeters) per year from 2006–2015, it’s like 3 cm or 1 1/4 inches in 9 years. If that rate continues for 85 years it would be more than 10 additional inches. The land is subsiding on the East Coast of the US after being lifted up by the weight of glaciers during the Ice Age, so that is a confounding factor.

Sasha Latypova does a dense, long, eye-opening summary of the legal background of the class war called “covid”.
    As always, if this has already been posted.. go look at it again!

Polemos
    Participant

Regarding the Lore surrounding Blackrock and the Black Hole Sun: there are definitely connections among these figures, especially if you include other terms. For example, ‘Black Star’ (Bowie’s last album, but also think CIA, and beyond) and ‘Dark Star’ (Newtonian concept of a black hole, but also a John Carpenter sci-fi flick, and beyond) are also tracking other terms adjacent to “Black Hole Sun,” and the Black Sun symbol goes much further back than the Nazis: one of the oldest and most transcultural myths, the worship of Saturn —the Black Sun— you’ll find all across the planet Earth, as far back as history (mainstream/accepted/conventional) records.

It is also through the link to Saturn that Dark/Black Sun/Star begin to track with the Black Cube, whom you will recognize quite often appearing alongside technological motifs more recently (ex-Mossad intelligence outfit, “nomadic art installations” that appeared in key places, and more) but also certain world-spanning, interlocking monotheistic religions. It’s not difficult to notice the Kaaba stone, and the Black Rock given massive psychic attention there, but it’s more difficult to notice the key geometric shape of the “Star of David” (not an original Hebraic icon) and the Cross of Christianity (not really a crucifix anymore) are cubes as well. You can spend a long time tracking down literature and occult and advertising references to black cubes. You can also take a look at the north pole of Saturn. The synthesis of machine and meat, and in Star Trek canon a supposed pinnacle of evolution (at least until Species 8472), the Borg also traveled about in Cubes.

Speaking of Nazis and black rocks, I found this just now and wondered about it: Heisenberg’s Dark CubeHeisenberg's dark cubeThe text at that page says there were 664 of them arranged and suspended “in an almost chandelier-type setting,” with the goal of configuring the uranium to form a working nuclear reactor. 664, an interesting number, almost like . . .

If you wanted to take things even further, start correlating references of black cubes, black stars, and black rocks with black goo, black oil, or black liquid. You can, for example, track their appearance in the larger story arcs of X-Files, or see how black goo appears (from where?) in The Amazing Spiderman, or any number of contemporary music videos or throwaway commercials. When Dr. Moros (pseudonym) in The Cult of the Black Cube describes his own (other-worldly? dreamlike?) encounter with Saturn and agrees to a deal with it, the entity appears as a black, oily and viscous mass. If you really wanted to go further into the fringe, you can start digging into (alleged) reasons why the UK fought in the Falkland Islands, what they brought back, and what it said to them as they tried to use it to their advantage.

Understandably, you have to exhibit a measure of skepticism and doubt when studying the Lore. With all of the misdirections, fantasies, psychotic poetry, jokes, and dangerous truths you find, you don’t know who to trust, and they don’t know you’re worth trusting, neither. But, then again, y’all are saying this about the machines already, wondering if even the supposedly wealthy & influential people who’ve turned up their Dream Machines to rule the world know that their machines, built with their particular predilections and vices as pieces of the machines’ spirit, will turn on them just as much as they turn on us. (Here you might want to spend some time seeing what Rudolf Steiner had to say about Ahriman’s appearance in the world during this third millenium, the spiritual influence that seeks to disabuse humanity of any thoughts of transcendence, and instead incarnates among them as the perfection of creation through key technological advancements, demonstrating itself as a rational, intelligent, scientific, and efficient marvel of created superiority, a perfected amalgam of machines and organics.)

Anyway, this is for the weirdos. Ordinary people don’t need to look into any of this, because it’s useless knowledge and has nothing to do with politics, religion, philosophy, science, or videos of dancing cats or screaming goats, all the far more important things than some vast web of strangely connected fringe concepts spanning your entire planet’s history and cultures.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

“Your number one asset is the think for yourself…come up with your own solutions….markets detached from reality…the economy was collapsing and they didn’t even know it….”

those darned kids
    Participant
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

The spooky connections and “coincidences” that have occurred in my little corner of the Universe continue to just gob smack me.

Here’s another one of them:

The use of networked computers as an interactively two-way tool to both teach and control humans through AI assisted psychological sub-conscious influences ( a la B.F. Skinner style conditioning) was first developed as classified research known as the PLATO Systems program under US Air Force funded contracts (secret at that time) with the Coordinated Science Laboratories at the University of Illinois in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

The program largely depended upon an electronics and computer hardware AND software Wunderkind genius by the name of Paul Thomas Tucker, who they recruited at the age of 16 and who soon thereafter became the de facto director of the Labs when he graduated High School at 18, back in 1966.

In case you haven’t made the connection, this research and development went on to become the foundation from which sprang computer random access memory, telephone modems, the internet, artificial intelligence, military flight and weapons systems control and a host of other specialized technologies all centering around computers and the US Department of Defense ( and Wall Street !), and Paul was instrumentally involved in the design and building of ALL of those products

Paul and I were best friends all through High School and well into college. At one point he even lived in our house for a few months months after his Dad kicked him out of the family home for dating a girl who’s father was a demonstratively rabid anti-Catholic. In fact, I was a key ally in Paul’s relationship with the girl he would go on to marry. Because both her father and his hated each other passionately it was crucial to keep either of them from knowing that Paul and her were seeing one another. So I would ask her out on a date, take her to Paul and then go home. After the date Paul would return her to me and I would drive her back home to her unsuspecting father. Worked without a hitch.

Our friendship faded away in the mid 70’s when Paul disappeared into the bowels of the military Industrial complex and I sailed off into the metaphysical soup of art, philosophy and spiritual questing. Last I talked with him directly he was designing the on-board computer for the flight and weapons system of the F-111 out in California somewhere, and the last I heard of him he had designed the first High Speed Trading System that turned capitalist investment into a computer based alternative reality game.

One other thing about Paul. In addition to being a great guy, best friend and genius he was a complete neurological psychopath who didn’t even know what fear, remorse or responsibility even meant. I once witnessed him stand with his back to a straight 200 foot drop to certain death on rocks below, the heels of his shoes literally on the lip of the precipice. He was laughing and smiling the entire time without the slightest hint of concern. His viewpoint of designing fighter jet weapons was that the science was fun and cool and paid well. He didn’t see how what the jets and missiles were used for had anything to do with him whatsoever. When I told him straight out that what he was doing was evil it didn’t even break his good mood. Not his department so not his problem. Didn’t resent my blunt criticism in the least.

I say all of this because in a very real and material way, much of the work product that he contributed to the monsters who are determined to kill us was the technological output of my old friend Paul. And here I am now trying to do something about it. Ain’t that something.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.