Debt Rattle January 18 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 18 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Jean-Léon Gérôme Slave market 1866   • Thousands Of Troops Dig In For Inauguration (Hill) • FBI Vetting Guard Troops In DC Amid Fears Of Insider
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 18 2021]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Jean-Léon Gérôme Slave market 1866

A powerful painting; shocking actually, given it represent a reality still alive as I type this.

Basseterre Kitona
    Participant

Vitamin D, Zinc, Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, etc.

Lockdowns, masks, experimental vaccines, etc.

Isn’t it obvious by now? Governments & health officials don’t care anything about the well-being of the general public, they only care about power; about consolidating and centralizing as much power as possible. In other words, about telling you what to do regardless if it helps you or not because…obviously…they know better than you bunch of sorry deplorables.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Long time association of viruses with diabetes is, well, undisputed.
    So much hysteria and sensationalism arise when we accompany each credulous person on their personal journey of self-discovery

Dr. D
    Participant

“3rd of Recovered Covid Patients Return to Hospital in 5 Months, 1 in 8 Die (Y!)”

Well yes. They’re all over 80 y.o. Of course they are returning to the hospital for end of life care.
    Diabetes? Sure, the lack of oxygen seems to damage all organs, why not the pancreas?

It’s not a “safe” disease, but today’s new, (yet another) study from Stanford says lockdowns do f’-all. …If you hadn’t noticed by the year-long experiment with a few billion people. Don’t worry: it’s science. It’s seeing things. It’s using your eyes and common sense. No one will.

“All the people that I respected won’t talk to me anymore, except through lawyers. People want an authority to tell them how to value things, but they choose this authority not based on facts or results. They choose it because it seems authoritative and familiar. And I am not, nor ever have been, “familiar.” — Michael J. Burry, M.D. “The Big Short”

“Prepare for a Surge in Global Inequality (RWER)”

NeoFeudalism. Carbon Credits. Green New Deal. Build Back Better. The Great Reset. All identical. They all take money, time, work, FROM the poor, TO the rich.

“Almost one in three households suffers hunger, regularly.”

Where? There are no hidden thin people in America. They are only on the Upper East Side, hovering over a pile of coke.

Comment: “Reminder: neither the government or the press has an explanation why there are 25,000 troops in D.C.”

News: The Army is airlifting massive food into the D.C. Autonomous Zone. They are going to be there a while. Because, refer back to Comment 1.

Who can come up with the craziest headline?

FBI investigating whether woman stole laptop from Pelosi’s office to sell it to Russia

The FBI is investigating evidence that a woman who entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 stole a laptop or hard drive from Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office and intended to sell it to Russians. The bizarre claim, which the FBI emphasized remains under investigation, was included in an affidavit describing the criminal case against Riley June Williams, a Pennsylvania woman who was seen in footage of the Jan. 6 insurrection in area of the Capitol near Pelosi’s office. And it’s not clear if the FBI has been able to apprehend her.

“It appears that WILLIAMS has fled,” according to the affidavit, which was signed Sunday and posted publicly after 9 p.m.. “According to local law enforcement officers in Harrisburg, WILLIAMS’ mother stated that WILLIAMS packed a bag and left her home and told her mother she would be gone for a couple of weeks. WILLIAMS did not provide her mother any information about her intended destination.” A Pelosi aide was not immediately available for comment. It was not clear if a laptop or hard drive was actually stolen.

According to the affidavit, a witness who spoke to authorities claimed to have seen a video of Williams “taking a laptop computer or hard drive from Speaker Pelosi’s office.””[Witness 1] stated that WILLIAMS intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service,” the agent noted.

In today’s America, this is presented as news.

First time I’ve seen this reported: In a care home in Holland 10% of people are infected with B.1.1.7., and they are less sick than those infected with “normal” COVID in spring in the home. Fever is lower, coughing is less intense.

zerosum
    Participant

The truth of 06 Jan 2021
    The majority were Demonstrators and tourist visiting, taking selfies and posting on social media. 

As usual, when cameras are rolling, some people becomes exhibitionist, over do it and cause trouble.

Of course, as in all gathering, there are “professional agent provocateurs”.
    —–
    Results, Reaction of the 06 Jan 2021
    Massive mobilization of the armed service,
    * +25,000 troops at Capitol Hill,
    * lockdown,
    * troops at all state capitals
    * ramping of spying and surveillance
    * media coordination of message
    * pointing fingers and identifying of “bad guys”
    * Kangaroo Court
    • Thousands Of Troops Dig In For Inauguration (Hill)
    • FBI Vetting Guard Troops In DC Amid Fears Of Insider Attack (AP)

* FBI investigating whether woman stole laptop from Pelosi’s office to sell it to Russia
    ——-
    One president at a time – Its illegal for president in waiting and his team to negotiate or talk to foreign leaders
    (remember first impeachment against Trump which proved Trump innocent)
    • Biden Team Already Holding Talks With Iran On US Return To Nuclear Deal (ToI)
    ——–
    Yes! Yes! Keep the Oil for Canadians! Install a Refinery and factories inside Canadian borders
    • Biden May Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline Permit On First Day In Office (R.)
    ——–
    Its all normal. Most patients had related health problems before.
    • 3rd of Recovered Covid Patients Return To Hospital In 5 Months, 1 In 8 Die (Y!)
    ——-

anninvancouver
    Participant

Hi
    I’d like to see more coverage given to the association of Front Line Doctors who are pioneering effective treatment of COVID – not a vaccine, available now and with offshelf, repurposed drugs. https://twitter.com/PierreKory
    Chris Martenson at Peak Prosperity, has been doing an excellent job at questioning the main stream narrative about this ‘health crisis’
    Thanks for all the work you do.

Ann, we covered that a lot. Not some association, but certainly the treatments.

wdt
    Participant

Yesterday? someone posted about “long covid” and again today’s article
    https://nkalex.medium.com/the-team-of-front-line-doctors-and-biohackers-who-seem-to-have-solved-long-covid-5f9852f1101d
    Seems to make sense,, TR,DR niacin, NO other form of B3
    I have long wondered at the love affair between wall street and china
    But now I see it is simple, shared morals and ethics
    Self-centered, lawless, avoidance of legal consequence
    All in all, rather repulsive

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Regarding food insecurity in the US, I’m always wondering how these terms are being explicitly defined. My household probably falls into the statistic of “food insecure” because we have been on food stamps and utilizing food banks for 8 years. (My ex lost his job due to alcoholism back then…with the ensuing chaos and trauma for myself and the children, I have chosen to prioritize my children’s well-being and my own psychological healing over pursuit of a “normal” income…as a result, my income is very low, our lives are stable, and I have learned to manage PTSD.) *Because* of food stamps and food banks we have plenty of food, and I am even able to accommodate for picky eaters (not uncommon when kids have been through a lot of emotional trauma.)

To suggest that my household ever goes hungry is a lie, but it is true that without the support of food stamps and food pantries the risk is there.

anninvancouver
    Participant

Hi Raul
    Thanks for your reply (i’m a long time reader – years), i was hoping this particular association of front line doctors could get more press. Their work on highlighting the efficacy of Ivermectin is outstanding and deserves more coverage. Also, i find Pierre Kory a particular sympathetic proponent of the idea that we can repurpose medications to treat this and don’t have to depend on vaccination.
    Cheers
    Ann

kultsommer
    Participant

If Trump does not pardon Assange I may question my wasting of emotional energy in support for him.

Despite movie industry producing quite a few absolute masterpeaces the “fucking A” guy on the video got a lowest denominator bug from it. That shallowness in acting is actually celebrated and accepted, akin to Harley riders who after week end of expressing their “free spirit” DESPITE bowing their heads Monday morning to enter the work force and earn the payment for the hog.

Love that second half of XIX century romanticism, idealism and symbolism where, despite the “weird or odd” theme, we feel as we can walk into. Particular rendered nude body of a girl is something that “could have been”, unlike, say Botticelli’s “Venus with the body that we can not associate with.
    Zig-zag folds of a buyer robe display a drama in his head while “working the numbers”. Youth behind, maybe his son learning the business, with stern look and suppressing the urges which are disclosed with faint glowing red robe.
    All that done with master hand-eye coordination, without photographs and projectors that realism painters are cheating with today and producing mere illustrations.

Ann, I don’t know what front line doctors you mean, and I doubt using that as a search term will get anywhere. We’ve been discussing vit. D, HCQ and ivermectin at TAE throughout 2020, and Dr. Kory’s Senate testimony was up here shortly after he gave it.

Noirette
    Participant

Yes Glennda (who mentioned long Covid after my report on calcs. comparing Covid to the bad flu year 2017 in France yesterday) absolutely.

Long Covid – and most surely damages that don’t show up right away, like lung damage after having ‘recovered’, leading to serious health problems later on – yikes.

It appears to me that ‘bad’ Covid (a mild case is nothing much, not even like having the flu..) is truly a horrible experience – lasting longer, incapacitating more, damaging, and far more frightening. Then there are those ppl who develop a whole host of dysfunctions – see for ex. David Graeber, who died of Covid, his wife believes. Kawasaki-like disease in children, cytokine storms, and more.. see article up top about return to hospital. We need to fight this virus with all the tools we have.

Death is a ‘solid’ end-result measure that doesn’t take suffering, despair, handicaps, and earlier deaths in the unknown future, into account.

Plus, of course, taking the general death-rate for x, y age-groups really doesn’t speak to cause – one can easily imagine all kinds of events that cause sudden spikes in deaths in the elderly, or that create an environment where they die off more / aka earlier than in previous years.

An ex. of the former is the heat wave of 2003 that massively killed off old ppl in institutions in France and Italy, but not Switzerland (or far far less…), due to cultural factors and medical practice guide-lines. Though one has to recall that France was the hardest hit temperature-wise. An ex. of the latter is increasing poverty, decreasing medical – social and community services, in GB, where life expectancy is sinking. These factors are visible as they have been ‘analysed’ but there can be others in hiding.

phoenixvoice,

You make me realize -again- how hard it is to catch food (in|)security in one single definition. It must be different from place to place, country to country, and never to the benefit of those experiencing it.

I’m just trying very hard to make sure the homeless here in Athens get fed, who have no access to food stamps or food banks -other than us.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

• 3rd of Recovered Covid Patients Return To Hospital In 5 Months, 1 In 8 Die

This was in the UK, for people having a bad enough case of Covid to be hospitalized by August 31. By then, there were 335,873 cases of Covid in the UK. About 40% of the Covid cases were hospitalized. About 40% of those hospitalized Covid patients (33,160) ended up dying in the hospital. Of those who didn’t die in the hospital before they were discharged, 12.3% of them (5,877) died within the 140 day followup.

“Compared with the general population, individuals in hospital with COVD-19 were more likely to be aged ≥ 50 years, male, living in a deprived area, a former smoker, and overweight or obese (Table 1). Individuals with COVID-19 were also more likely to be comorbid than the general population, with a higher prevalence of prior hospitalisation and all measured pre-existing conditions (most notably hypertension, MACE, respiratory disease and diabetes).”

Of those who had Covid badly enough to end up in the hospital, and then didn’t die in the hospital:

Post-discharge diagnoses of diabetes, MACE, CKD and CLD were made for 4.9%, 4.8%, 1.5% and 0.3% of individuals with COVID-19, respectively”
    MACE: major adverse cardiovascular event
    CKD: chronic kidney disease stages 3-5
    CLD: chronic liver disease

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.15.21249885v1.full-text

anticlimactic
    Participant

SLAVE MARKET

Whenever I see the word ‘slavery’ I think of Libya.

After the fall of Gaddafi the victors were extremely racist and rounded up all the black workers in Libya. I saw some on a UK documentary locked in a barn and one said ‘tell people we are here’.

It was decided to sell them as slaves. The West queried this briefly but were told they were ‘mercenaries’. An obvious lie but good enough for the West to ignore them.

I read a report on the a short time ago – they are still being sold as slaves with the word ‘slave’ cattle branded on their foreheads.

Few people care!

Huskynut
    Participant

@ilargi
    “Who can come up with the craziest headline?”

Nothing i’ve seen matches the twitter link you posted yesterday in capturing the evolutionary spiral down the bowl of news/headlines. That animation was pure gold.

Dr. D
    Participant

Still asking about therapies for healing Long Covid. Anyone?

anninvancouver
    Participant

Here’s their twitter handle https://twitter.com/Covid19Critical/
    and their website https://covid19criticalcare.com/

I also depend on Chris Martenson at Peak Prosperity for his excellent COVID coverage since January 2020

Whenever I see the word ‘slavery’ I think of Libya.

Northern Africa is where the painting is set. Yeah, the link is very obvious.

Ann, we have covered this all along for an entire year now. I’m not sure what more we could have done. Quite a bit has been happening in the Comments section, true enough, but that’s become one of the strengths of TAE over the past year. I can’t very well repeat all that in the ‘front end’.

zerosum
    Participant

@anninvancouver
    Okay! Thanks
    I looked deeper and I am passing on more info

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Kory-2020-12-08.pdf
    Testimony of Pierre Kory, MD
    Homeland Security Committee Meeting: Focus on Early Treatment of COVID-19
    December 8, 2020
    I want to begin by thanking Senator Johnson and the Committee for this critically needed
    effort to bring attention to the importance and need for effective early treatment approaches to
    COVID-19.

WHY is the USA ignoring the info on Ivermectin
    https://happyfamilymedstore.com/stromectol?sub=stromectoliv.com
    STROMECTOL
    ACTIVE INGREDIENT: IVERMECTIN
    Stromectol – a medical preparation that effectively cope with many kinds of parasites. It is used to treat lice, scabies, as well as onchocerciasis (river blindness) and other nematodes in humans and animals. It is applied externally and internally, depending on the disease.
    Stromectol 12mg
    12mg X 10 Pills $6.72
    $67.20
    + Bonus – 4 Pills

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-Ivermectin-in-the-prophylaxis-and-treatment-of-COVID-19.pdf
    Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of
    Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19
    The FLCCC expert panel, in their prolonged and
    continued commitment to reviewing the emerging medical evidence base, and considering the impact
    of the recent surge, has now reached a consensus in recommending that ivermectin for both
    prophylaxis and treatment of COVID-19 should be systematically and globally adopted.
    The FLCCC recommendation is based on the following set of conclusions derived from the existing
    data, which will be comprehensively reviewed below:

( read bottom of p. 3)

WES
    Participant

Having so many troops in Washington says more about the new masters, than anything else could!

straightwalker
    Participant
    WES
    Participant

Hopefully vitamin D is part of being long covid, especially the before period.

WES
    Participant

John Day:

The link straightwalker above provided seems to indicate vitamin B3 but leaves me a bit confused as to what is the correct type of vitamin B to take while listing what not to take!

Is vitamin B3 all I need to know?

I came across a bottle of vitamin B12 – (1,000 mcg pills) in the house so I am guessing it is not B3.

kultsommer
    Participant

Not that I am contradicting other opinions, but I think that artist did not had in mind “reporting” or bringing awareness about horrors of slavery in sense that some contemporary photographer would have done having a concealed camera in Arabic costume. “Reporting” in his time would have been more effective with series by much faster and “less beautiful, if you will, but more repulsive” lithographs.

zerosum
    Participant

Did anyone see the ZH article claiming that the National Guards are getting a security check?
    What is the plan? Don’t give bullets to those soldiers that they cannot vouch to be for Biden!

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fears-insider-attack-inauguration-ap-turn-out-be-nothing-burge

V. Arnold
    Participant

Huskynut
    Nothing i’ve seen matches the twitter link you posted yesterday in capturing the evolutionary spiral down the bowl of news/headlines. That animation was pure gold.

Indeed it is…
    Captures today’s news reporting in the west perfectly, IMO…

On another note: Bitcoin is now being called a store of value! Since when is fiat and a Ponzi scheme a store of value the same as gold?
    More insanity from those who will benefit the most…
    As P.T. Barnum said: There’s a sucker born every minute…
    History will out the galoots, but not before the suckers pay the price for stupidity…

WES
    Participant

Warning! Some heavy financial jargon! What TAE and Raul used to talk about!

Have you ever wondered why the Fed has rejected (for now!) letting US interest rates go negative while Europe and Japan have had negatives rates for some time?

The first part of the answer, is the US dollar is the world’s main reserve currency! The second part of the answer, stems from all of the world’s major commodities, like oil, being internationally priced in US dollars. (Commodity futures are also priced in US dollars too.) (There are other reasons too, but I am skipping
    these for simplicity.)

Europe and Japan are only minor world reserve currencies so their having negative interest rates does not affect commodity prices, priced in US dollars. That is one reason why they can get away with negative interest rates, while the US can’t. (There are other reasons too, but I am skipping these for simplicity.)

If the Fed were to let US interest rates go negative, all of the world’s commodity prices would go into “backwardation”! That would mean today’s commodity prices would be higher than if bought sometime in the future!

The above paragraph about “backwardation” probably doesn’t make any sense unless you know how commodity markets normally work!

In a normal commodity market, the price of a commodity today (spot) is lower than what you will pay if you want to buy the same commodity sometime in the future. The term “contango” is used to describe normal commodity operation.

The Fed simply can not afford to upset the current order of the world’s commodity markets by “officially” introducing negative US interest rates!

This is not to say that the Fed isn’t interested in “negative real interest rates” because we are already there! US “real interest rates are already at minus 1% or more!

In “backwardation” everybody would want to buy commodities rather than hold dollars! This would be the exact opposite of what the Fed wants! The Fed gets it’s power from everyone holding dollars! If no one wants to hold US dollars the Fed loses it’s power!

Once people’s perception of the US dollar suddenly changes, then the Fed has to raise interest rates higher! That is the last thing the US government wants!

wdt
    Participant

>vitamin B3 but leaves me a bit confused as to what is the correct type of vitamin B to take while listing what not to take!
    Vitamin B3 comes in 4 forms IIRR, niacin is less used because sometimes
    it (niacin) gives ‘flushes’, a bit alarming sometimes
    As your body gets used to it, this decreases, vanishes, until then use less
    As the article says, use niacin, not nicianamide or nicotinic acid or (I forget)
    for a SPECIFIC enzyme pathway required for rebalance
    Sometimes you have to read something a few times to get all the details,
    maybe print it

John Day
    Participant

@Zerosum and Glennda: Thanks for the kind words yesterday.

@WES
    : The article Straightwalker linked to looks speculative to me, but the Niacin, vitamin-C, vitamin-D, zinc, etc. which they recommend is safe and worth a try.
    Yes, there are issues with NADH and NAD+ depletion in cells during infection, which make the damage from inflammatory attack on the virus by the immune system worse.
    Things that supplement NAD+/NADH in active disease help clean up the toxic mess that harms the infected organs. I don’t know that this is an issue in the extended fatigue that people get after COVID. I suspect not.

@anninvancouver
    : FLCCA Front Line Critical Care Alliance, has this [ress release that after hearing from treating physicians the US NIH has changed its advice for the use of ivermectin in COVID-19 from “don’t” to “meh”. 🙂 https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/FLCCC-PressRelease-NIH-Ivermectin-in-C19-Recommendation-Change-Jan15.2021-final.pdf

John Day
    Participant

MLK Honored By Murderers is my blog post today.
    https://www.johndayblog.com/2021/01/mlk-honored-by-murderers.html

The military industrial complex kills people at home to facilitate the business of killing people abroad.
    MLK, JFK, RFK, Malcolm-X and Thomas Merton all met their inclusion criteria back then.
    How’s this year looking?

John Day
    Participant

@Ilargi: Cool vitamin-D graph. What’s the link?

wdt
    Participant

BTW, the reason I say not nicotinic acid, you won’t find it easily,
    niacin is much more common

₿oogaloo
    Participant

On another note: Bitcoin is now being called a store of value! Since when is fiat and a Ponzi scheme a store of value the same as gold?

Long term I think there is a possibility that Bitcoin may become the world’s go-to store of value. It has several advantages over gold: Easier and cheaper to store, easier to transport across borders, impossible to counterfeit, lower premium when buying and selling, finiste amount, and harder for central banks to manipulate through the futures market. Plus the general direction of the whole world is to all things digital. On the other hand, gold has advanatges of its own. The biggest advantage is that it is the only non-fiat asset on central bank balance sheets, and therefore the only way to recapitalize the world when the next monetary system starts. Other advantages are indestructibility and universal worldwide acceptance. It is a decent store of value if you do not mind central banks capping the price at just above production value. But there is so much synthetic gold that there can be no real price discovery in the present system. Bitcoin seems more of a true supply and demand market. But that means a lot more volatility until it matures.

Is it a ponzi scheme? Of course not. A ponzi scheme is by definition an investment fraud that relies on new investors to pay a return to old investors. A ponzi scheme must collapse. With Bitcoin, there is no return, no guarantee that the price will go up — it can go on forever. The price might collapse, but if you buy a bitcoin, it is yours — nobody owes you anything like in a Ponzi scheme.

Is it speculative? Sure. But lots of things are speculative. Stocks and bonds are speculative to one degree or another. Anything you buy with the hope that you will be able to sell it at a higher price is speculative.

Although the number of Bitcoins is limited, the number of potential digital currencies is theoretically unlimited. But does that make Bitcoin worthless? Not if it wins acceptance. Acceptance is a bit arbitrary, of course, but it is a fact of life. Why gold and not silver? Why did Windows beat Macintosh? Why is the world down to only a handful of smartphone manufacturers?

I think everyone with savings should own some Bitcoin. And gold. Doesn’t need to be a lot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.