Debt Rattle January 22 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 22 2018

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Joan Miró Personnages Rythmiques 1934   • Richest 1% Took 82% Of New Global Wealth Last Year (Ind.) • 42 People Hold Same Wealth As 3.7 Billion P
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 22 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Hopi had a word for the present times;

Koyaanisqatsi

(n.) “life out of balance.”
    a state of life that calls for another way of living.

V. Arnold
    Participant

An interesting, if somewhat optimistic, view from Dmitry Orlov at RI;
    https://russia-insider.com/en/sanctions-shmanctions/ri22214

As most of you know, I’m a Russophile, but my reservations as an American are; will the U.S. stand for second fiddle (so-to-speak)? I have my doubts and that bodes much trouble afoot; coming soon, our way…
    The U.S. has stated directly; they will accept no challenge to their hegemony; bad moon rising…
    We’ll see…

SteveB
    Participant

How did we get here, Ilargi? I keep telling you: the inevitable result of a global culture based on belief in the concept of exchange. Can you ‘hear’ that now? Or will you continue to repeat the same question? And the “Either we stop this” bluster too? How are we going to “stop this”? Would it help for me to repeat it for you? Or shall we distract ourselves with bubbles and central banks and rumors and … ? Or maybe just ‘enjoy’ the ride.

V. Arnold
    Participant

SteveB
    I keep telling you: the inevitable result of a global culture based on belief in the concept of exchange.

Please elucidate; the concept of exchange, as you understand it.
    There seem to be many iterations of said concept.
    So, your interpretation, would be most welcome.

zerosum
    Participant

The bullies have got the system set up so that the victims will allow the system to continue.

Richest 1% Took 82% Of New Global Wealth Last Year (Ind.)
    42 People Hold Same Wealth As 3.7 Billion Poorest (G.)

The victims are told wait, keep the peace …
    The name of our savior/butterfly is
    “… debt will ultimately be the destructor of the system….”

——————-
    1. Bullies and their victimes – scales from unwanted sexual misconducts to right up to destroying countries and their economic/social structures.
    2. Social media – twitters. facebook, e-mails, WikiLeaks
    3. Bitcoin
    4. Fake news/propaganda
    5. Painkillers – cannabis to fentanyl
    6. Pension cash flow shortfall

Chris M
    Participant

It’s been said that the first things a new tyrannical dictator does when coming into power is to control the communications and confiscate the pitchforks and guillotines from the citizens.

And as Yoda might say, “Slaves you will be.”

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

“,,, the first things a new tyrannical dictator does when coming into power is to control the communications …”

Indeed.

https://i0.wp.com/fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/26195439_679928979062105_2383202443801804276_n.jpg

Separately, If any readers here suffer from chronic pain, stem cell therapy appears to produce nothing short of miracles for many people:

Episode 6

There are several more installments coming at the parent website in the next several days.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Sorry, that link went nowhere. They required sign-up before 24-hour, restricted viewing of each of their videos, and I’ve lost track of the sign-up link. Here is where they sell the entire set:

Sales Page

The tone throughout is a bit apprehensive, but stem cell therapy stands to obviate $hundreds-of-billions in less effective medical and pharmaceutical treatments.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

That link doesn’t work, either. So very sorry. I’ll post again if I find a link that works.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant
    Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Well, I’ve cluttered up this comment section already, so why not a little more. The manifold testimonials in the first six video segments are astounding, but that link casts doubt on the whole shebang. Didn’t mean to shoot my credibility in the foot. I’m learning — slowly — maybe.

Nassim
    Participant

I have been catching up

” they do not want jobs or industry in the U.K. at this time: they want desperation. Maybe later, with the right concessions. This has been true for decades, so let’s not blame Brexit.”

Dr D,

Quite correct. They have sold their own country for a handful of shekels. I once worked for what was then the largest manufacturing plant in London (Acton) – Lucas/CAV (1974) – and it is now prime real estate.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Finally, here is the first stem cell episode. It represents a “loss leader item,” as the subsequent episodes required an earlier sign-up.

If I understand correctly, embryonic stem cells cause cancer, but amniotic stem cells and umbilical stem cells do not. Most patients use autologous stem cells derived from their own adipose (fat) or bone marrow, without an intermediate step involving preservation (freezing).

I just have to say, the search engines at YouTube and Amazon are feeble at best, and possibly nefarious. Either way, both are frustrating.

olo530
    Participant

confiscate the pitchforks and guillotines from the citizens

The Cobblestone Is the Weapon of the Proletariat
    The Cobblestone Is the Weapon of the Proletariat

Chris M
    Participant

olo530,

Nice reference. A peasants revolt, huh?

What happened to true statesmen and women running for office, and the citizenry having the savvy to vote them in?

Reminds me of the ox being led around by the nose. If that ox only knew it had the brute strength to overpower and maul its taskmaster.

SteveB
    Participant

V Arnold, the concept of exchange is that something of value given to another *must* (with exceptions that we mostly ignore) be “balanced” or reciprocated with the receipt of something of “equivalent value” [sic]. The belief is multi-layered. It begins with the above and extends to a complex web or subsidiary beliefs about supposed value, timing, penalties for failure to comply, INCENTIVES TO EXPLOIT AND CHEAT, and much more. The key to having insight is to ask “Why?” (I recently saw reference to the 5 “Why”s on Wikipedia. Haven’t checked it out yet, but I suspect it’s relevant.) The answer I found is that the belief is just a belief, not human nature, not required by anything other than belief, not an unavoidable physical (as in “physics”) limitation, but A CHOICE. Individual choice? No, it’s a group choice. Not something we’re particularly adept or familiar with, aside from various charades like voting. Nevertheless, that’s what it is. So if we see it for what it is and understand it’s implications (so obvious once we look for the connection), then we can DISCUSS WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. Proposal: end the belief. Discuss. (I won’t hold my breath. No doubt there’s something else that’s much easier to complain or argue about instead.)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.