Debt Rattle January 25 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 25 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Grete Stern Sueño No. 27: No destiñe con el agua 1951   • Trump to Tell Davos That ‘America First’ Is Good for Globalism (BBG) • A Weaker Dollar
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 25 2018]

It can’t be easy to be CNN. I flip it on, which happens very rarely, like reading the NYT, and for the same reasons, credibility totally shot; so first, a female reporter embedded with Turkish forces in Syria, explains how careful the Turks claim they are not to target civilians (sure…), then Michael Hayden, ex-head of CIA/NSA, fully agreeing with talking head Tapper that it’s ridiculous there’d be some ‘conspiracy’ at the FBI vs Trump, even though that Secret Society thing has long been established, though yes, perhaps you can argue about the level of organization there. Maybe the mysteriously missing 1000s of mails/texts can shed a light on that?

And meanwhile Trump flies into Davos a bigly winner (for now, but still). That is what CNN and its MSM brethren have achieved in one full year+ of 24/7 Donald bashing. And by now of course they have no option left but to double down.

I don’t care for Trump, but what once was news has turned into something entirely different.

V. Arnold
    Participant

CNN is definitely in the crapper; along with NYT, WaPo, LA Times, etc., etc., etc..
    TRNN (out of Baltimore) does a quite credible job. Aaron Mate’ does some very hard hitting interviews; little gets by him. It’s one of only 2 U.S. news outlets I watch. I also, guardedly, watch, from time to time, Democracy Now; Amy ain’t nearly what she used to be…
    Trump is likely not stupid; but he is butt ignorant; dangerously so…IMO…

Dr. D
    Participant

The DACA answer is that non-citizens can become citizens? What a revelation. And both sides will crow victory for this entirely self-evident, pre-existing reality? Is there an emoji for OMG Beam Me Up?

Thanks to CNN this may be a surprise, but the U.S. takes in hundreds of thousands of immigrants a year from every nation on earth, who sign paperwork, get green cards, and start the process. Thanks to Congress and a government shutdown, they now can walk into an office that has always been open, and request paperwork that has always been availaible to begin a process that has always been legal. And this is all Americans were ever asking. But I’m sure, somehow, the existence of forms and passports is hate, while as a citizen, my being required to file similar paperwork and carry a similar ID card is love. Got it?

So this was weird: LeGarde says the IMF’s policy position is that lowering taxes benefits a country, perhaps by a lot lot lot. Huh. Someone should tell Europe, I think she found the solution to your economy! Funny but I don’t think that it’s what the IMF has previously advised.

And then Mnuchin is going to LOWER a currency that according to LeGarde is STRONGER. Sounds at lot like they’re tag-teaming and keeping it in a controlled direction. Maybe they fear it will rise but don’t want a runaway feedback loop, so Mnuchin comes out and tells the market they’re going to try to rig it down.

Because The Guardian, they haven’t noticed that Grillo always stood aside from day one. This is hardly a change. He set up the original parameters and stepped back, doing little more than hosting visitors of the party. But hey, either knowing that, or reading old Guardian articles that would tell you that is too much to ask. We just make it up. I just wrote it in the Guardian, it must be true!

Nassim
    Participant

Dr D,

Please read my posting in “A Modest Plan”

Nassim
    Participant

“it can’t be easy to be CNN”

Actually, it is quite easy. Just provide salaries to the journalists and make known the message you want to convey. Can’t be easier IMHO

Of course, this fake MSM has been around for an awfully long time. How do you think the Boer Wars were started?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_South_Africa#First_Anglo-Boer_War

I will save you a lot of time, it was all about gold – which the Wikipedia fails to mention.

All the wars in the Middle East are about energy – as is the virulent hatred of anything Russian. Religion is simply a tool – hence the lack of reporting about how Western-led proxy-armies composed of foreigners to Syria crucify Syrian Christians.

Genetically, present-day Palestinians share a lot more DNA with Jesus Christ than Ashkenazi Jews. Sephardic Jews are descended from the Arabs who occupied Spain. The Jews were at one time a subset of the Arabs of Yemen and Hejaz – and visually quite indistinguishable. Today, they have become something else altogether.

Dr. D
    Participant

If we’re doing shout outs, I’ve been inspired by core progressive Jimmy Dore. He’s been going tooth and nail after the moneyed insiders who are even now, post Trump, shutting down the winning platform of Bernie Sanders. They’re cracking the ossified party from inside, the way the GOP was slowly broken since the Tea Party. Anyway, it’s good to hear someone who stands for what he believes in.

There’s not much news out there, as everything real is guarded like buried treasure:

“The truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.” –Winston Churchill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.