Debt Rattle January 25 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 25 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Amedeo Modigliani Jeanne Hebuterne 1919   • Israel: 60% Drop In Hospitalizations For Age 60+ 3 Weeks After 1st Shot (ToI) • Nevada District To Pa
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 25 2021]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Amedeo Modigliani Jeanne Hebuterne 1919

Definately not my favorite; I cannot really say what it is that puts me off; but no worries; each to their own…

Basseterre Kitona
    Participant

The Boeing 737 Max should never fly again and be totally scrapped. Boeing tried to take a short cut by using software to patch over a design problem. All of Boeing’s decisions were driven by short term financial gain.

Ideally, the fraudulent executives and engineers at Boeing should be criminal charged in their decisions that eventually led to the plane crashes. That should be enough to put Boeing totally out of business. At which point, some industrialists could rebuild some new companies from the scraps of Boeing. It would be much safer for the general public to have two or three airplane manufacturers competing for business instead of a single “too big too fail” behemoth like Boeing that believes they can get away with murder.

Dr. D
    Participant

Basseterre

Sounds like “Capitalism”. We don’t do that here.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

The fact that Covid seems given to rapidly mutating makes me even more skeptical of the “lockdown” approach. Lockdowns come with a very high economic price tag, and if this virus is going to be a little sumthin’-sumthin’ different every year, necessitating yet another lockdown again and again, then that cost may just prove to be way too high.

Mr. House
    Participant

“The fact that Covid seems given to rapidly mutating makes me even more skeptical of the “lockdown” approach.”

And what about vaccines?

zerosum
    Participant

Lying by omission
    • Israel: 60% Drop In Hospitalizations For Age 60+ 3 Weeks After 1st Shot (ToI)
    Vaccines are quickly averting serious cases of COVID-19 among the most vulnerable members of society, an Israeli healthcare provider has indicated.
    —–
    Numerous international studies have shown that prophylactic and early treatment can significantly reduce the risk of severe or fatal covid-19
    Treatment protocol
    Prophylaxis

Zinc (25mg to 50mg per day)
    Quercetin (250mg to 500mg per day)
    Bromhexine (24mg to 36mg per day)*
    Vitamin D (2000 IU per day)
    Vitamin C (1000mg per day)
    Early treatment

Zinc (75mg to 150mg per day)
    Quercetin (500mg to 1000mg per day)
    Vitamins D (5000 u/d) and C (1000mg/d)
    Bromhexine (50mg to 100mg per day)*
    Aspirin (162mg to 325mg per day)*
    Prescription only

Ivermectin (12mg per day for 2-5 days)*
    High-dose vitamin D (up to 100,000 IU)
    Hydroxychloroquine (400mg per day)*
    Azithromycin (up to 500mg per day)
    Prednisone (60mg to 80mg per day)*

Compared to the significantly more expensive medications being used to treat the virus, hydroxychloroquine – a drug widely used to treat malaria – is relatively inexpensive and universally available. Hydroxychloroquine ranges in price from $0.30 to $6.63 per dose depending on location.
    ——–
    Unity
    USA democracy

Biden’s dream
    I’m the tribal chieftain
    I got the votes, I got the guns, I got the printing press
    Do what I say not what I do
    Do it my way or take the highway
    I’m the tribal chieftain

zerosum
    Participant

More lying by omission
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/biden-plagiarizes-trump-made-america-executive-order
    Unsurprisingly, one senior Biden official charged with explaining the policy to the press criticized President Trump’s ‘buy America’ efforts as not going far enough.
    (Don’t buy/pay the asking/market price for wood, steel, aluminum, and oil, from Canada. Impose more tariffs on foreign competition)

zerosum
    Participant

More lying by omission – (Why the USA is meddling in Venezuela)

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Will-Venezuela-Go-To-War-Over-Oil.html

Will Venezuela Go To War Over Oil? (with Guyana?)
    By Viktor Katona – Jan 23, 2021

January 2021 is still far from over yet the pages of Oilprice already boast 6 articles about Guyana being the hottest drilling spot in the world. This is hardly surprising, considering the hot streak that ExxonMobil had over the past 5 years, with new companies coming in and stepping up the drilling game. The interest globally attributed to Guyana has aggravated Venezuela’s long-standing grievances over the disputed Essequibo province – before 2015 the Venezuela vs Guyana oil standoff was akin to a David vs Goliath story but now, with Guyana building up its oil reserves tally and continuing to attract new investors, the balance has become a lot more nuanced. Amidst all of this, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro has pledged to reconquer Essequibo. At first glance, the proposition that Venezuela should go to war over a disputed territory, let alone with Guyana, seems rather dubious. Venezuela boasts the world’s largest proven oil reserves, totalling roughly 304 Bbbls (see Graph 1), i.e. more than all of North America combined, more than Iraq and Iran combined. Guyana’s reserves are a fraction of that, barely reaching 3% with its 9-10 Bbbls. However, behind the dry facade of data and statistics, there lies an entire universe of human emotions, oftentimes led astray due to their subjective nature and in this particular realm, Caracas is the one frustrated and concerned. Guyana is adding one major discovery after another (the recent failure of Hassa-1 notwithstanding), whilst the Venezuelan national oil company PDVSA keeps on struggling to make ends meet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyana
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry_in_Guyana
    https://oilnow.gy/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CGX.jpg
    https://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2019/2/11/41325066-15499283370951493_origin.png

Doc Robinson
    Participant

• Israel: 60% Drop In Hospitalizations For Age 60+ 3 Weeks After 1st Shot

Repeating a key part of that article:

“The decrease in hospital admissions is swift after vaccination, Maccabi suggests in its latest data, finding that hospitalizations start to fall sharply from Day 18 after people receive the first shot. Galia Rahav, head of infectious diseases at Israel’s largest hospital, Sheba Medical Center, described the data as “very important.” By Day 23, which is 2 days after the second shot, there is a 60% drop in hospitalizations among vaccinated people aged 60-plus, Maccabi revealed after monitoring 50,777 patients. It compared their hospitalization rate at that point with their hospitalization rate soon after receiving the vaccine, using 7-day moving averages.”

I tried to find a better explanation of this data, and it looks like the original report was taken offline, but somebody posted a copy of it elsewhere:

https://maurice.nl/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Isreal-Maccabi.pdf

This article from Bloomberg does have a clear version of the graph:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-24/israeli-vaccination-drive-curbing-infection-and-hospitalization

The hospitalizations are shown as the bottom line in the graph. On Day 4 (after receiving the first shot), the additional daily hospitalizations was 1.2 people out of the group of 50,777 vaccinated seniors (7-day average). On Day 14 (after receiving the first shot), the daily hospitalizations jumped up to 2.3 people (out of 50,777 people). Using the same logic as the headline above, this is a
    92% Increase in Hospitalizations for Age 60+ 2 weeks after 1st Shot.

Day 23 has 0.5 additional hospitalizations out of that group. Going from 1.2 people (Day 4) to 0.5 people hospitalized per day, out of a group of 50,777 vaccinated people, might not be very remarkable at all. There is no comparison to a control group. Were there stricter lockdowns imposed which could have affected the hospitalization rate? What were the changes in additional hospitalizations for the general public during that period? No mention of these factors.

WES
    Participant

Regarding vaccines, seems like cherry picking the data to me!

Even the Devil can make Hell sound like a nice place, by cherry picking.

WES
    Participant

joe’s deep state is hoping Venezuela takes the war bait.

Noticed we never heard of this while President Trump was in office, only now!

Was the story first planted in the New York Times? or Washington Post? or CNN?

WES
    Participant

Have you noticed that we are suddenly no longer hearing about covid cases in the media anymore?

WES
    Participant

So joe is now saying it is only $1,400 not $2,000!

Another broken promise kept!

John Day
    Participant

Thanks Germ and Zerosum for posting that Ivermectin information (repeatedly).
    I have started prescribing it prophylactically to some of the highest risk patients, for weekly dosing.
    I worked a 13 hour 8-hour-day again, Friday, with hour bike commute to work, then 2 hour drive down to do winter chores on the homestead Saturday and Sunday. I sure had a lot to do today in Austin, too, and I did it. This has been a short, warm winter in Texas, and I actually have to start some spring planting next weekend.
    I’m just having to do more real stuff these days, more actual “prepping”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.