Debt Rattle July 18 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 18 2016

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein General store and railroad crossing, Atlanta, Ohio 1938 • Ireland Hits Brexit Alarm in Biggest Foreign Crisis in 50 Years (BBG) • Yua
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 18 2016]

V. Arnold
    Participant

My god Ilargi; you’ve posted a compendium of failure, upon failure of the last 40 years (at the very least) in the U.S., particularly, and the world generally.
    All driven by the U.S. neo-liberal lies. Neo = new (a lie) and liberal = Open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values: Oxford dictionary. Also a lie; so where do these assholes come off using these lies to describe a reality only they embrace?
    At this juncture, the only thing that keeps me going is that ( I’m 71), I’ll likely win the death bet: I’ll be dead before the worst comes to fruition…

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

“Exporters have warned the plummeting pound will erode earnings and economic growth…”

But, but, I thought devaluing your currency was the one true way to prosperity! …Except when it isn’t? Lower currency causes expansion of exports that puts people to work! …Except when it doesn’t? I’m so confused.

Neoliberal economists, you’re the experts, help!

Raleigh
    Participant

Tony Schwartz, Trump’s ghostwriter on “The Art of the Deal”: 25 (1975 to 2000) years as a journalist for The New York Times, Newsweek, New York Post, Esquire.

“Schwartz founded The Energy Project in 2003 and launched The Energy Project Europe in 2005, with headquarters outside London. The company’s clients have included companies such as Google, Microsoft, and The Coca-Cola Company. He has delivered keynote addresses to audiences around the world and done leadership work and coaching with CEOs.”

Now, there’s a guy (living in his “sprawling house, on a leafy back road in Riverdale, New York”) who doesn’t want the status quo changed. He earned “a joint byline on the cover, half of the book’s five-hundred-thousand-dollar advance, and half of the royalties” (several million dollars). “Edward Kosner, the former editor and publisher of New York, where Schwartz worked as a writer at the time, says, ‘Tony created Trump. He’s Dr. Frankenstein’.”

So the guy who started his own business in 2003, working for very large corporations, advising them on how to get the most productivity out of their workers, now speaks up. “Starting in late 1985, Schwartz spent eighteen months with Trump—camping out in his office, joining him on his helicopter, tagging along at meetings, and spending weekends with him at his Manhattan apartment and his Florida estate. During that period, Schwartz felt, he had got to know him better than almost anyone else outside the Trump family.”

So this journalist/ghostwriter (but not really because he’s listed on the cover) put lipstick on a pig? Did he lie then? Oh, he just embellished the truth so as to make his ticket to riches look better, so he could sell books? So he lied for profit then? Who approached whom? Did Trump approach him and ask him to write a book, or did he or the company he worked for approach Trump? Makes a difference.

If somebody follows you around for 18 months and wants to sell books by making you look better than you are, who are you to say, “Hey, start over, you made me look too good”?

All I can say is that Trump must be way ahead of Hitlery in the polls because the ants are crawling out of the woodwork now. If this guy embellished, told untruths, then why should anyone believe the other books he’s written? When is he going to come out and declare to the CEO’s of the corporations he’s hired by that the books he has written since are just a bunch of sh*t he made up? If he stretched the truth, who’s to say he isn’t doing so right now?

Trump is very, very rough around the edges, but you can’t just dismiss everything he’s saying. Some of it, if he follows through, will help the average American citizen. And the elite are worried about him changing things. Well, elite, the people have had enough of you changing things just to suit yourselves. They are worried sick that this guy will get in, and they’re doing everything they possibly can to see that that doesn’t happen. They might be surprised.

Screw off, Schwartz.

Raleigh
    Participant

Forgot to post the link to Schwartz:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Schwartz_(author)

Hey, Tony, when are you going to reimburse everyone who bought the fake book? Don’t forget the interest! What, not going to happen? I thought not. If Trump was so much worse (and you weren’t writing a work of fiction, were you?), then you ought to be in jail for fraud.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.