Debt Rattle July 23 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 23 2018

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

René Magritte Man in a bowler hat 1964   • Martyrs to the Cause: Carter Page and Julian Assange (Raimoindo) • British Assassination Campaign Targ
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 23 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Elon Musk is a first order asshole; his best accomplishment is Space X; his worker bees got that off the ground both figuratively and literally.
    Musk is an idea/concept guy; not worth much in and of itself if one can’t act.
    By himself? Not so much; but with competent people willing to work it through; he gets the glory; they get?
    I don’t know; maybe some money? They’d better have some internal fortitude and be fully cognizant of just what they’ve really done…
    My asshole comment comes from his calling Vern Unsworth, the foremost cave diving expert, “the pedo guy”.
    Just how fucked up is that?
    Sorry, rhetorical question…
    The back story is that the Thai authorities were not happy with Musk turning up uninvited. They quickly hustled him out and gone. His kid sized survival tube was wholly inappropriate for that situation and V. Unsworth rejected it as unusable in the circumstances extant there.
    The rest is history…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Where the hell is Nassim?
    I miss that bloke…

seychelles
    Participant

“Odd that Tesla did not consider all these aspects of its business when it signed contracts which laid out, very clearly, what its obligations were.”

But that would imply that their modus operandi is real ethics, not “situational” ethics. These “requests” are probably being made to suppliers who Tesla knows are disproportionatly dependent upon them for their day to day cash flow/survival.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

There can be no real solution to a problem if its ROOT CAUSE is occulted through wit or through the lack thereof.

The Money Power Monopolists Trust “Squid”
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/–W_6SbrtNR0/TprOVVSfanI/AAAAAAAAAcY/2f4AjNMx6Fw/s1600/money+trust.jpg

The direct mechanism is through the zero-sum game of debt-based money where the amount of money equals* the amount of debt.

If one person has a positive net monetary position, by DEFINITION another person or group of persons must have a net INEXTINGUISHABLE DEBT position.

*this technically isn’t true due to specie being created debt-free, but, for all intents and purposes, it is the guiding principle of our debt-based monetary systems.

Shhhhhhhh… don’t tell anyone… or it’ll be bad for your career and “social status…”

Krugman to Lietaer: “Never touch the money system!”

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Correction, should be…

The Money Power Monopolists’ Trust “Squid” (note added apostrophe and corrected link that actually works, could no longer edit original post)
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-10/guess-how-many-nations-world-do-not-have-central-bank

force
    Participant

RE; Tesla/Musk
    Like many of his cars ,Musk will crash & burn.The 21st century John Delorean,heading for the same retirement home;prison.
    RE; Mega-cities
    Not going to happen at this scale;Mass die off will start scything through the third world within 20 years; droughts,famines,diseases,wars all will contribute to drastic population reduction.
    RE; Overshoot
    For once in a long while,the Grauniad prints some important honest information.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

I don’t see many people rising up in Assange’s support. The Australian government is silent. Been told to be, I suspect. Does the average man in the street even know who Assange is? Probably not. Some might, but I suspect their knowledge is obtained from the MSM and we know what they say.

Drought strikes parts of Australia again. One area north of Sydney has never been so dry in decades, not even during the Millennium Drought. Farmers across wide areas of the south east are suffering. The general population doesn’t feel anything as food is too easy to import. One large supermarket chain recently decided to stop purchasing home-grown garlic — a popular part of the diet — and import it all from China. Crazy short-term thinking or prudent drought-proofing policy?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.