Debt Rattle June 17 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 17 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso The sculptor and his statue 1933   • The Bleak Mood Of Pre-Brexit UK (O.) • Boeing May Never Recover From 737 Debacle (Auerback) •
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 17 2019]

Dr. D
    Participant

“Boeing May Never Recover From 737 Debacle (Auerback)”

Much as the government caused this by NOT regulating Boeing, they ALSO caused this BY regulating Boeing. If there were no regulators – fake regulators, who watch nobody and regulate nothing, but are eye-wash to the public, similar to the SEC, FBI and CFTC – then Boeing would NOT have AirMAX’ed the plane. Like Howard Hughes, they would have changed the wings, the airframe, re-designed the plane in record time like they used to in order to capitalize on the improved engines.

They COULDN’T. IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW. To design the plane correctly would have required re-certifying everything, and as governments can’t do anything right, would have finished its series of delays, utter screw-ups, and stoppages about 20 years from now, like its co-albatross plane the F35.

So since, like everything else the government does — the EPA, child abduction, health care, colleges, housing, welfare, insider trading, they didn’t actually protect you but generally attack you randomly and without cause – you might as well save the money, NOT regulate any of this, and let the Boeing fail anyway. Because, as you just saw, the government was the menace and root cause of them trying to get around it.

So, “this disaster was a [NOT] problem of hardware, not just MCAS” it was a failure of BUREAUCRACY. Which is why we can’t win wars or make nuclear power plants — or even useless widgets anymore. What did Tainter say about increasing complexity leading to collapse of general infrastructure? Beuller? Beuller? If you have the same outcome, but one costs money and critical decades of time, and the other doesn’t, pick the one that DOESN’T take money and time???

Don’t worry. We won’t. We’ll create a third Department of Redundancy Department, on a 5-year mission to explore redundancy, and no one will go to jail.

Ha! Boeing says it’s open to changing the name of the 737MAX. Good god almighty, they think only complete idiots fly their planes

anticlimactic
    Participant

HUAWEI

Huawei seems like it is being forced to make a phone which will be NSA free and Google free! A phone which will not track your movements and report back. A phone which is not recording and analysing everything you do. A phone where the microphone won’t be remotely turned on to spy on you.

I don’t use a smartphone but I would be interested in a phone like that.

The ‘military-industrial complex’ is becoming an inadequate term. Perhaps ‘The Borg’ is more appropriate. It is obvious that Google, Facebook, Amazon and others have been ‘assimilated’.

I would have thought that the opportunity to escape ‘The Borg’ would be attractive. I wouldn’t care if it reported to the Chinese government – they wouldn’t be the ones knocking down my front door! Also I would would doubt that it would – I think there is only one government who would be interested in recording the World.

The US is important because it is 20% of Global GDP. It seems that the choice is to trade with them or the other 80%!

John Day
    Participant

@Dr.D. “Department of Redundancy Department and The Natural Guard” , Firesign Theater
    Russia and China are working hard to re-multipolarize the world, and it’s not easy, and it’s not all nice, by any means. I don’t really trust China any more than I trust our current owners, and Putin is Russia’s finest, along with Lavrov, but they ar both quite mortal, and this is the best Russia has been for over 100 years.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/06/subterranean.html

John Day
    Participant

This just in!
    President Trump “thinks he knows who did 9/11 attacks”
    telling ABC News’s George Stephanopoulos “Iraq did not knock down the World Trade Center,” adding “It were other people. And I think I know who the other people were. And you might also.”
    Rest of the story later, much later, laterer, why did he stop there?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-17/trump-i-think-i-know-who-was-behind-911-attacks

Trump: “I Think I Know” Who Was Behind 9/11 Attacks

Well, you know, never a dull moment…

Trump segued from his 9/11 comments into a criticism of America’s military intervention in the Middle East, calling it “the worst decision made in the history of our country,” and describing the region as “like quicksand.”

“It was a terrible decision to go into the Middle East. Terrible,” said Trump, adding “We’re now up to almost $8 trillion. And when we want to build a roadway, a highway, a school, or something, everyone’s always fighting over money. It’s ridiculous. So that was a bad decision.”

Rototillerman
    Participant

When I saw that headline about Trump and 9/11 my first thought was that it was a shot across the bow to certain entities that have been toiling lo these many months to bring down his presidency, as in “I know what you did or didn’t do in 2001, and I’m not afraid to go there.” Pass the popcorn, Fannie, this could get interesting.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I don’t use a smartphone but I would be interested in a phone like that.

LoL. Me too; Huawei will definitely be my next phone.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Brexit and the 737 Max; there is a correlation. It is not a coincidence that the United Kingdom is about to split apart. Boeing is incapable of designing a safe aircraft. Shareholder profit and CEO bonuses drive its corporate decisions. De-regulation assured that there was no government oversight to catch the flight critical part failure and save 346 human lives.

Western oligarchs cut taxes and privatized government functions. As a result there has been an astonishing transfer of wealth to the rich and corresponding decline in life expectancy of Americans and Englanders. Plutocrats don’t give a damn for anyone else. They are sick addicts to their greed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.