Debt Rattle June 26 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 26 2017

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Etude Pour Mercure 1924   • The Next Global Crash Could Arrive ‘With A Vengeance’ – BIS (CNBC) • Push On With The ‘Great Unwinding’
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 26 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ya know; I keep hearing about the coming recession; WTF???
    When did the last one end?
    I pay pretty close attention; and I think the average Usian would agree, the last recession never ended and still going strong.
    Minimum wage jobs are fast disappearing to robotics; MacDonalds (for one) is replacing well over 5,000 jobs in the next 12 – 18 months, with robots; and that’s just the beginning.
    $15 per hour? Ha! Not going to happen; those jobs are doomed.
    I love Ilargi’s site; but wonder if it’s an ironic view of the crazies of today’s economic experts (?) and their insane rantings; dunno…
    Valetine’s Day 2018? I guess we’ll see; at least he had the guts to specify a date…

tony smyth
    Participant

You know that have-a-kid proposal for Japan is a really good one. But they’d also have to subsidise the cost of creches, increase the number and keep them open until 8pm. Right now the number of creches is limited in Tokyo and has huge waiting list. They are expensive and no woman who wants to get ahead in her job wants to have to leave work early to pick up the kid. She’s never get promoted (hard enough anyhow!) Even better would be to force all large companies to have a creche in the workplace.

Nassim
    Participant

Here, in Australia, we are constantly exposed to these sorts of “news”:

The Arctic just had its warmest year on record ‘by far,’ scientists report

Antarctic sea ice ‘obliterates’ previous minimum record, in remarkable reverse (March 2017)

However, they never seem to mention what does not fit into their script:

Arctic: 12 Years Of Sea Ice And Temperature Stability

Antarctica: So little ice as never observed before!

It takes no great genius to realise that climate is cyclical and that we are currently leaving a warmer period – and heading for a colder and therefore a drier period.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.