Debt Rattle June 9 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 9 2020

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Harris&Ewing War Savings Stamps poster, Washington DC 1917   • Fed Eases Terms Of Main Street Loans (R.) • Nasdaq Ends At Record, Confirms Bu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 9 2020]

Polder Dweller
    Participant

WHO Warns of COVID19 Rebound Risk, Says Pandemic ‘Worsening’ Globally

That’s got to be great news – the WHO got everything everything else wrong, so this is probably wrong, too.

Dr. D
    Participant

Theory of Ft. Dietrick release long before: https://www.zerohedge.com/health/satellite-data-suggests-covid-19-hit-china-long-previously-known-harvard

“Significant spikes in hospital traffic and Baidu internet searches for terms related to COVID-19 suggest that the virus hit Wuhan, China “beginning in late Summer and early Fall 2019,” according to a new study by Harvard”

Well, it’s Harvard so it’s probably a bald-faced lie led by inbred morons, but there it is.

It also means China was lying and therefore putting the planet at risk far longer and far more intentionally. But if correct, suggests the U.S. was also lying and blaming our way out. However, we have the problem that, if it was already in the public system last fall, how could it possibly NOT spread here, and DID spread there? For 6 months?

Oh and the “Spike” they’re calling everywhere: predictably, none of the articles will present and g— d— data, but here’s one in Florida:

/Florida
    https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/VLFWT/92

Peak, decline, then slower rise to a lower high. Is that a “spike”? The word “Spike” has no meaning or purpose, so it’s the perfect word for a media that has no meaning or purpose. I think of “spike” as a dizzying, vertical outlier on a chart, wildly out of line with surrounding data. This is not. And as yesterday, Test ≠ Test, how many tests are running, how injured are the test-positive? No one cares *at all*. It’s neither dramatic nor self-confirming, so it must be false. That’s Science™! Just like Dr. Fauci pining that black people are more susceptible and injured so it’s a racist disease they must take care of, unless they congregate by the 10,000’s nationwide, in which case his medical opinion and ethics are to say nothing and let them. That’s Science™! Fact-and-data driven. No politics here! Squeaky clean and totally objective! Clearly their scientific opinion is that scientists are not human and therefore have no universal human attributes like “bias.”

Hey, speaking of being totally illogical and killing ten-thousands for sheer bias and sport, here’s an example of disbanding the police: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray-Hill_riot Of course: Canada, land of the calm and reasonable. Oh, and when the police went on strike for a mere 16 hours, they had a sniper, 6 bank robberies, 12 arsons, complete looting of all downtown, and it took the Army to restore order. But please try it in your city and show us all how it’s done, I’ll watch.

In fact, we won’t have to wait as without public support, police are quitting nationwide.

Naturally, being communists, Social Democrats are doing exactly what the National Social Democrats did in 1925, by displacing the official police in Bavaria and replacing them with “volunteer” Nazi Brownshirts, true Progressives and believers in the new religion, who ran the city with violence, fear, and injustice. People with wrongthink were beaten up and burned out, as always, plus the hate-group “other” to first attack then later put in ovens, in our case DJT Conservatives. But in a historical note of advice to the new Citizen “Safety Patrol” of Minneapolis, governments can’t trust such maniacs, so they were of course first against the wall to be mass-executed in the Night of the Long Knives in 1934. Sic Semper Tyrannis. Ah history: always the same and no one learns. You can see the same thing in Russia 1917. But like our people today, they were both financed and directed by agitators abroad. This is what happens when they forget that other saying, “The Price of Liberty is Constant Vigilance.” And duty and hard work. Like garlic and holy water to them: we hates it forever and ever. That’s what Communism is! Their whole sales pitch is we’ll print money and not work and honey will fall in our mouths. The sales pitch of Conservatives is if you build something it won’t be stolen. If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can count on the support of Paul. To help beat and rob “redistribute to the needy.” Ah well. Everyone has to learn for themselves by being half-ruined.

Sort of like repeating the totally discredited, essentially mass-murdering WHO for all their numbers and advice going forward. Nobody learns from history? Nobody learns from new printed and discredited hours ago. Like this: “Barr: Clearing Of Lafayette Park Was Unrelated To Church Photo Op (Turley)”

Truth and facts. The enemy of the (Derp) State. Reality: the enemy of their progressive non-theistic religion.

“Folks really think Black people are a joke.”

Yes, they are but little children that need saving by Great White Mother, so they banned black advocate Candice Owens to protect black advocate voices like Candice Owens, Larry Elder, Brandon Tatum, and Kanye West. All day, every day, no one is discredited. The concept there might be illogic and contradiction never registers.

“Mob law ruled… Racial hatred and hysteria seemed to have taken complete hold of otherwise decent people.” – Hugh Green, 1938 on Kristallnacht

But no surprise, as above, they are Race-fascinated Social Democrats, who believe in the religion of the total state. How would they know? They were educated from birth by the total state, with all these elements like police militarization and immunity carefully set up and paid for decades ago, with the same predictable, historic results we all said would happen. But we’re even more stupid now when we’re right than we were before it was proven. Suit yourself. No one can learn until it happens to them.

zerosum
    Participant

Good Job!
    Only at TAE
    Truth and facts, or confusion and controversy, achieved by releasing two contradictory stories

zerosum
    Participant

Needed: data of studies
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-navy-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-navy-test-shows-60-percent-of-carrier-crew-have-coronavirus-antibodies-idUSKBN23F29Z

Exclusive: In Navy study, 60 percent of carrier volunteers have coronavirus antibodies
    Idrees Ali, Phil Stewart

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A U.S. Navy investigation into the spread of the coronavirus aboard the Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier has found that about 60 percent of the roughly 400 sailors tested had antibodies for the virus, three U.S. officials told Reuters on Monday.
    All 4,800 sailors on the Roosevelt aircraft carrier were tested for the coronavirus previously, and about a quarter tested positive. But in April the Navy and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) started conducting a serology test to look for the presence of specific antibodies.

If sailors who did not test positive show antibodies, that could suggest a higher rate of infection than previously known. Similar tests in Italy and elsewhere have indicated the presence of antibodies in people who did not test positive previously, giving a more accurate sense of the spread of the virus.
    However, the serology test could also show that people who tested positive for coronavirus do not carry antibodies later, potentially raising questions about their immunity to the virus.

The spread of the virus on the ship put into motion a series of events that led to the firing of the ship’s captain after the leak of a letter he wrote calling on the Navy to establish stronger measures to protect the crew.
    One sailor from the ship died from the coronavirus and several others were hospitalized. But broadly, sailors, who are generally healthier and younger, fared better than the general population and most showed no symptoms whatsoever.

The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that only about 400 volunteers participated in the serology test, lower than the 1,000 volunteers that were sought.

They added a formal announcement was expected as early as Tuesday.

While the results could indicate a far higher presence of the coronavirus, one of the Navy officials said that may not be the case because of the way the study was carried out.

“The outbreak investigation did not encompass the entire crew, and the results of this study cannot be generalized to the entire crew,” the official said.
    The serology test results follow data from the Roosevelt in early April, which showed that 60 percent of the sailors who were testing positive for the virus itself – not antibodies – were in fact symptom-free.

Medical groups, such as the American Medical Association, have warned that serology tests can lead to false positives.

In addition to the serology tests, volunteers were also swabbed again for COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the virus, as well as asked to answer a short survey.

zerosum
    Participant

Claim by Airline industry to get gov. subsidies

Airline industry lost $84 Billion – False:
    Airline industry Revenues fell by $84 Billion – Maybe

Expenses minus revenues would be the lost – Truth

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Gawrsh. I suppose I should point out that police going on STRIKE, themselves, is different from being defunded by their municipality. Especially when one is in the context of a violent separatist movement during the peak of civil unrest (I think it was the 60s) while the other is in the context of a grassroots nationwide string of protests/riots against said police. I say nothing here about the widsom or folly of disbanding police forces, altho I’ll note I have no use for cops. I speak here about the wisdom and folly of applying apples to oranges.

The 1969 case is cops QUITTING their jobs en masse. Today we’re looking at cops being more or less fired en masse. Is there maybe a teensy difference between the two?

Butg then, some things never change. I suppose I might take some comfort in that.

WES
    Participant

It always amused me that for the climate change people they must first “pretend to not know” that energy is used to support human life.

They reject using all forms of fossil energy sources, claiming we should only use renewable energy like solar panels.

What they need to “forget” is fossil energy is needed to create the solar panels! And when the solar panels get old they have to be replaced! We will always need fossil energy to build and maintain solar panels!

Basically solar panels do not produce enough energy to produce baby solar panels and then grow them into adult solar panels and then provide all the necessary infrastructure required to make the solar panels productive! Only fossil energy can do that!

So if you were left on an island with a solar panel, after 20 years or so, you would end up with a non-functional solar panel and no energy at all! In the first 20 years of solar panel life, you would not be able to produce a new replacement solar panel using the energy from the first solar panel!

Thus you were doomed, by your false beliefs in renewable energy being self sustainable, from the very start!

WES
    Participant

I see today the WHO is now walking back their claim that people who show no symptoms of Covid-19 can not spread the virus.

This adds greatly to their credibility!

To this growing list we can add the CDC, Harvard, Lancelot, all public health officials, politicians, etc.

WES
    Participant

Polder:

You are just ahead of the curve!

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Asymptomatic Spread Of Coronavirus Is ‘Very Rare’ – WHO

A recent paper in the Journal of Medical Virology says the WHO “declared that coronavirus has relatively low risk transmitted through asymptomatic cases from past experience in the middle east respiratory syndrome [MERS].”

But the authors conclude, “With the existence of disagreement in the actual number of asymptomatic cases and their infectivity, larger observational studies including serological tests with a longer period are needed. Currently, for asymptomatic patients to follow strict quarantine is of great importance in the control of the COVID‐19 epidemic.”

Asymptomatic cases with SARS‐CoV‐2 infection
    J Med Virol. 2020 May 22 : 10.1002/jmv.25990
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7267605/

Although grooming [growing] evidence suggest possible transmission of SARS‐CoV‐2 from asymptomatic cases, the World Health Organization declared that coronavirus has relatively low risk transmitted through asymptomatic cases from past experience in the middle east respiratory syndrome. Asymptomatic cases are unlikely the major driver of transmission in COVID‐19, otherwise, more cases of infection would have been presented.

Besides, the process of viral shedding of asymptomatic patients is limited by the lack of symptoms such as coughing and sneezing, reduced the risk of infection. The relatively low viral loads of asymptomatic patients also limit their capacity of transmission and being the so‐called super‐spreader.

7. CONCLUSION
    With the existence of disagreement in the actual number of asymptomatic cases and their infectivity, larger observational studies including serological tests with a longer period are needed. Currently, for asymptomatic patients to follow strict quarantine is of great importance in the control of the COVID‐19 epidemic.

The WHO has already walked back its “very rare” claim. It was “misunderstood”. Yawn.

WES
    Participant

I think if I were black, I would likely feel offended by Nancy’s and Chuck’s political behavior.

Using a culture symbol to politically virtue signal just doesn’t fit quite right with it’s normal use. I think I would feel that they were not taking me seriously.

Imagine Nancy and Chuck wearing Scotish tarton kilts and playing the bag pipes! I seriously doubt the Scots would be amused. They would probably feel they were being made fun of.

Maybe the gag failed?

WES
    Participant

For awhile, it looked like the protests had completely eliminated the virus, in the news cycle.

But now it seems like the virus is back in the news, like a bad hangover that won’t go away!

Well, WES, as we speak CNN is milking the George Floyd funeral for all they can. A guy who once held a loaded gun to a pregnant girl’s belly is the hero they longed for.

This is all going to get so much worse over the next 5 months. All bets are off. Everybody believes only what their preferred media tells them.

Huskynut
    Participant

“This is all going to get so much worse over the next 5 months. All bets are off. Everybody believes only what their preferred media tells them.

Nope, not everyone. I’ve watched a large number of us here on TAE alter opinions over time as data has emerged. On Covid, you are the outlier here in that regard.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

I’ve watched a large number of us here on TAE alter opinions over time as data has emerged.

I know I have. At first I thought this was a respiratory disease and that hospitals would be overrun because of a lack of ventilators. But now I understand that this is not a respiratory disease, but a disease that attacks the lungs, the heart, blood vessels, kidneys, intestines, testes. Before, I assumed that anyone who caught this and recovered would have immunity from future infection, but now I am not so sure because the data shows that this is not like a typical respiratory disease. Before, I assumed that those who recovered would recover fully, as one recovers from the flu. But now I realize that some patients who recover might suffer permanent damage to lungs or other organs.

Before, I assumed that Fauci was underestimating fatalities when he predicted on March 30 that 100,000 to 200,000 Americans would die from the disease. But now in hindsight that looks pretty accurate, assuming that there is no second wave, but still perhaps too low. Not that I accept anything else Fauci says, especially about remdesevir vs hydroxychloroquine. I only mention it because some here have insisted that all models are completely wrong and should be thrown out . . .

I think that most everyone who has been looking at the data has learned some things since this all began. But the data does not tell a single story, and I think we need to beware the propagandists who are trying to manipulate data to promote an agenda — and there are plenty of them out there on both “sides”.

zerosum
    Participant

When and How fast
    https://www.zerohedge.com/health/satellite-data-suggests-covid-19-hit-china-long-previously-known-harvard#comment_stream

Satellite Data, Internet Searches Suggest COVID-19 Hit China ‘Long Before’ Previously Known: Harvard
    Significant spikes in hospital traffic and Baidu internet searches for terms related to COVID-19 suggest that the virus hit Wuhan, China “beginning in late Summer and early Fall 2019,” according to a new study by Harvard Medical School.

Commercial satellite imagery reveal “a dramatic increase in hospital traffic outside five major Wuhan hospitals beginning late summer and early fall 2019,” according to Harvard’s Dr. John Brownstein who led the research, adding that the increase in traffic “coincided with” increased queries on Chinese search engine Baidu for “certain symptoms that would later be determined as closely associated with the novel coronavirus.”
    Of note, Chinese officials in Wuhan only confirmed cases of pneumonia of ‘unknown cause’ on December 31, however US intelligence officials knew about it as early as late November and notified the Pentagon, according to the report, citing four sources briefed on the confidential information.
    “When we do analysis after outbreaks, we find that the diseases had been in circulation days, weeks, months, years before. I really believe that’s what we’re going to find with COVID-19.”

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/coronavirus-outbreak-wuhan-started-august-study-200609073050938.html
    Coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan may have started in August: Study
    The research that analysed satellite images of hospital traffic in Wuhan says virus hit the area earlier than reported.
    16 hours ago
    The novel coronavirus might have hit the Chinese city of Wuhan as early as August 2019, months before it was first reported, according to a new study in the United States.

The report published by the Harvard Medical School analysed satellite images of hospital traffic in Wuhan, where the disease is said to have originated in December last year – and search engine trends related to the virus.

More:

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.