Debt Rattle March 14 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 14 2018

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh Sprig of Flowering Almond in a Glass 1888   • One Of The Greatest Minds Ever To Live Dies Age 76 (Ind.) • Trump Unmasked 68 Year
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 14 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad, world; and I want off; Scotty?
    Beam me up please…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Virginia Fidler has it right, except for this: “The good news is, Millennials are aware of the problem”. Thing is, it makes no difference if they’re aware or not. I’ve said it before: the demise of retirement systems is the no. 1 reason for UBI.
    Universal Basic Income; the time has come!
    My primary reason for self exiling was political; but at 57 yo, my secondary was retirement.
    I saw the writing on the wall in the 80’s and knew it wouldn’t end well if I stayed in the U.S..
    It breaks my heart to see the helplessness and denial in the U.S. today.
    Without UBI, the U.S. people are going to be relegated to paupers, serfs, and beggars without hope.
    The overlords have stripped everything of value from the people; and they (the people) never even knew how wealthy they actually were…
    The greatest crime in human history…

VA, it’s not an American problem (only). This is unfolding all over the western world -and Japan-. Many if not most pensions funds and governments must be aware of this, but there’s no gains in going public with it. Moreover, it’s as anti-neoliberal as it comes. It’s just a matter of waiting for the first country to acknowledge the issue and act upon it. Which ironically requires recognition of the fact that UBI stays within a society if done well, so doesn’t cause huge deficits. But for that to work, you have to make ‘your own steel’ (or the money will flow out all the time). Globalization would require a global UBI, and that ain’t going to happen. Protectionism is the only way to save your economy, and your people.

Dr. D
    Participant

So…despite all original reservations, having to put guys in he didn’t like, no Goldman Sachs guys left. Despite opposition, no Exxon guys in the Cabinet. Progress. Can I get an amen brother?

…And you’re going to put in Pompeo, Haspel and possibly John Bolton? These are literally the worst guys on planet earth. We might as well exhume and reinstate Dick Cheney. But now with the division, “my guy right or wrong”, they can’t (won’t) back out of supporting a candidate that is (re)instating the very guys and policies they rebelled against. Who’s left to be the opposition, the counterweight?

Why not look at the DNC, whose single enemy appears to be Progressives of any color or type, willing — as now legally admitted — to break any law, accept any loss to the GOP as long as it will shut out Progressives and therefore support corporate donors. And at the exclusive expense of the people, otherwise there would be synergy with citizens and companies, not conflct. Wonder why they want to make such divisions that it may break up the country? Look no further than what is happening while we’re all made busy chasing our tails and each other: corporations are running and purging the DNC while generals, neocons, and the police state are running the GOP, while retaining the at least passive compliance of the Right/Libertarians who are the most effective resistance.

Politicians lie, cheat, coordinate, and misdirect to concentrate their power at your expense? Did I just say that water is wet and the sky is blue here, or what? Beam me up indeed. Beam me up because people still don’t catch on, and defend it. This isn’t a nation of men, of personalities, it’s a nation of Ideals, of Laws. I’d like to see some of those laws come back.

UK expels 23 Russian diplomats. For something they have no proof for (that has been made public). You can’t credibly say that it’s highly likely it’s the Russians because the poison is theirs and they’ve used it before. If anything, that indicates the opposite. Fat finger false flag.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer

Yes, I’m aware of that; but I can only speak from my own experience as a Usian, on this.
    My wife just retired as Thai civil servant (mandatory at 60 yo); all is well with the Thai government retirement program…so far.
    Yes, I agree; it’s a rolling disaster; as a not rich person/family; we can only hope we’ll live this out.
    We’re debt free (with good health insurance); that should help…

And then you have all those allies who declare their solidarity with the UK. You think they’ve all been given the detailed proof that nobody else is allowed to see? That wouldn’t work, they’d be far too afraid to would be leaked. Only logical conclusion is there is no proof, and/or most allies haven’t seen it. Scary stuff.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer

23? That many? Wow.
    Oh swell; that should work?
    TM is a loon; may the gods help the western world; the Harpies are loose…

V. Arnold
    Participant

The west wants war with Russia; by god damn, they shall have it…
    If, that’s what they really want; gods help the west; they know not that which they do…

Dr. D
    Participant

So the U.K. goes broke and immediately thereafter takes the wealth of the richest but least connected people? I think we’ve seen that before.

Okay, so…great start, the Russians DO have a lot of wealth there, probably the most of any location in the world. So tasty. One thing: Ms. May, so, if London gets a reputation of stealing foreigners’ wealth at the slightest pretext, without even the initiation of rule of law (as most U.K. and Russia are signatories to), and starting from the legal basis of proving a negative, then perhaps you might be sparking off overwhelming and unstoppable capital outflows? In a nation that has marginal wealth and creates most GNP being financial trustees? Good plan, bad plan, what do you think?

And so we finally have something, anything, on the poisoning: it was apparently created by a Soviet Lab, and released 8 minutes from Britain’s main bioweapons lab. Let the second part drop for the moment, Christ on a popsicle, does anyone remember that there hasn’t been a Soviet Union in 29 years? You’re over 50 if even the NAME of this makes sense to you. Okay, details: where has this vial of whatsit been hiding for 30 years, the mini fridge down at the pub? These are reactive compounds and unstable. Or maybe under lock and key in one of the world’s very few biolabs? And, what? Putin got it out of the freezer in Moscow and sent a guy on British Air to kill him, you know, 10 years after he defected, days before an election?

Speaking of, if you start killing ex-agents you’ve prisoner-traded fair and square, you’ve going to have a little trouble getting anything done, spy-wise. So then the FSB decided to destroy their personal long-term credibility by killing an ex-spy who was long retired, uncontroversial, living openly, and knew nothing relevant? I mean, the only thing he’s done recently was coordinate with Steele on the discredited Trump dossier, how dangerous could that be? I mean, it relates to multiple charges of Treason and election tampering in the U.S. via MI6, not Moscow, surely he had nothing to worry about.

Sergei Skripal and Novichok, as per Dmitry (see above):

..It is no longer produced and the destruction of its stockpiles has been verified by international observers. However, its formula is in the public domain and it can be synthesized by any properly equipped chemical lab, such as Britain’s own Porton Down, which, incidentally, is just an 18-minute drive from Salisbury.”

From Nafeez Ahmed:
    The British Government’s Russia Nerve Agent Claims Are Bullshit

According to Craig Murray, former US Ambassador to Uzbekistan and prior to that a longtime career diplomat in the UK Foreign Office who worked across Africa, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, the British government itself has advanced capabilities in Novichok:

“The ‘novochok’ group of nerve agents – a very loose term simply for a collection of new nerve agents the Soviet Union were developing fifty years ago – will almost certainly have been analysed and reproduced by Porton Down. That is entirely what Porton Down is there for. It used to make chemical and biological weapons as weapons, and today it still does make them in small quantities in order to research defences and antidotes. After the fall of the Soviet Union Russian chemists made a lot of information available on these nerve agents. And one country which has always manufactured very similar persistent nerve agents is Israel. ”

A secret British intelligence unit is actively arranging ‘honey trap’ propaganda operations to incriminate ‘adversaries’

zerosum
    Participant

What!!!
    How dare anyone accuse the west of doing “false flag, propaganda, etc /sac

• False Flags for Newbies (Dmitry Orlov)

“… in close coordination with the British government and the press, poisoned Skripal and his daughter using a nerve agent…”

FACT CHECK
    #1. “… the only thing he’s done recently was coordinate with Steele on the discredited Trump dossier, how dangerous could that be? …”

The Trouble With the Steele Dossier
    The Steele dossier should be treated with caution.

FACT CHECK # 2
    Honey Trap!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormy_Daniels
    ====
    • The Retirement Crisis: The Elderly Are Broke (GT)

The system is working as it was designed to work.
    (…people are going to be relegated to paupers, serfs, and beggars without hope….)

Wake up!
    Its time to take your pain killer pill.

chettt
    Participant

I’m not going to bother with Infowars anymore. This may be the best place yet!

Nassim
    Participant

This nerve gas – assuming that it is what the British government claims it to be – is only very slightly different to some common insecticides. A small quantity can be made in any decent lab. The claim that because the Soviets – not the Russians – made it 50 years ago warrants the exclamation “so what!”

It is pretty obvious that it is all a distraction from what is happening in Syria – where the West’s terrorists are being trounced. I suspect that lots of British special forces are trapped in East Ghouta and the Russians refused to let them escape by going along with the UN trace nonsense. He let them get away far too many times in other sieges. This time is different – too many Russians have died.

Syrian War Report – March 14, 2018: Government Forces Liberate Key Area In Southern Damascus

There are rumours that the US moved a large number of F-22 stealth fighter-bombers to an airbase in Jordan that is close to the Syrian border. The Russians have rushed in more S400 batteries. They have also warned the Americans that they will attack any vessel, aircraft or base that launches cruise missiles against the Syrian government. Russian personnel are being placed in all Syrian government buildings and army bases.

Things are certainly warming up. I would be very pleased if the Russians were to shoot down lots of these planes so that the American public begins to understand that they are being lied to.

Joe Clarkson
    Participant

Sad to see that the Automatic Earth has followed Orlov deep into tinfoil-hat territory. How desperate for page-views can you be? On the other hand, you’ll probably be pleased to know that this will be my last.

Dr. D
    Participant

The slightest research will support any/all of what they’re suggesting, at least on this site.

Conspiracy theories: because we know criminals NEVER commit crimes together. They are ALWAYS solo and don’t tell or include anyone. You know, like the MBS scandal, LIBOR, aluminum rigging, gold rigging, creating false bank accounts, Tyson chicken, Barclays’ copper, Singapore electronics, BNP Forex, Connecticut generic drugs, Loblow’s bakery, Mylan drugs, Canada’s CDOR, Germany’s RMC concrete, Enron, Norwegian shipping, car dealerships, car parts BMW, Daimler, VW, French yogurts, Bridgestone tires, police in Seattle, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Atlanta and elsewhere, Defense and Construction projects, and a few others in 5 minutes of Google search.

But other than that, there are no conspiracies. Nobody ever coordinates with anyone else to get rich, powerful, or to hide evidence to protect their careers.

The Mafia doesn’t exist and they they’re just honest businessmen working alone.

And I’M the crazy one here…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. D
    LOL; but for goodness sake; don’t feed the trolls…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Mayhaps we fail the confirmation bias needed by so many…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Well, well; a hell of a run;
    Ilargi’s run is temporarily done;
    No debt rattle or other prattle,
    for this day, but hey;
    A rest is surely the best;
    for future memes and sharpness of mind;
    We’ll see you anon,..
    while we collect our own minds,
    for more of the on and on…
    Cheers and thanks Ilargi…

zerosum
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

Kudlow. Grrrrrr.

sumac.carol
    Participant

v. arnold wonderful limerick!

V. Arnold
    Participant

sumac.carol

Thanks, just a wee bit of fun.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.