Debt Rattle March 25 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 25 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Margaret Gillies Charles Dickens 1844   • We Should All Be Celebrating The Collapse Of Hillary’s Big Lie (NYPost) • Rendition Plane, Increased Po
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 25 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Margaret Gillies Charles Dickens 1844
    Utterly fascinating; a portrait of Charles Dickens, by Margaret Gillies, in 1844.

In 2017, a portrait miniature covered in mould was sold in an auction of household goods in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, as part of a box of trinkets.

The painting arrived at the Philip Mould & Co gallery in London last year and after conservation and provenance research was confirmed to be the portrait of Dickens by Gillies.

That must be the penultimate, poetic justice, of all time. 😉
    Oh the irony…

Dr. D
    Participant

Now that the Neocons have blown the Venezuela thing like the fools they are, Putin now has leverage over Madero and is putting in aid and troops, strengthening the nation. Btw, who leaked that BoA would be funding guns for a murder/coup (and isn’t that illegal?) the same way they leaked the gun-filled aid trucks? Such bad luck that screws the CIA and Neocons lately and supports a multi-polar world.

PS, Russia is buying Iranian sweet crude? Isn’t that weird? What would exporter like Russia need to buy oil for? You know, the kind of crude that’s only useful if mixed with Orinoco heavy and sold to Europe.

May would rather a terrible deal that sells Britain to the strip-miners in Brussels even if it destroys her. Which it has.

“The European Union Has Bigger Problems To Deal With Than Brexit (G.)”

Which is why they need that strip-mining. To fill Italy and Spain which are collapsing? Yes, but who cares? It’s really to fill DeutscheBank and Germany, because in the new EU, only Germans matter.

In commemoration, a blast from the past, except it will never, ever be over.

Zerodollars
    Participant

In my opinion, the Steele Dossier was little more than a piece of “hate-speech” that was permitted by the US authorities run amok. Paid for by Hillary and permited by “the system” to damn-near cripple Trump’s presidency (awful though it is) at horrendous cost to the taxpayers of a nation replete with crumbling infrastructure that is apparently too expensive to repair. The “revenge attack“ that will likely follow in all probability will be even more costly, and possibly more damaging to the international reputation of the USA. I’m not saying that a counter-investigation shouldn’t take place. It probably should within the parameters of the American “system”.

In NZ we march to the beat of a different set of drums. Banning certain examples of hate speech and some of its ramifications in a time of crisis is just one of those differences. If you are interested, try taking a look at our race relations and compare them to those of the USA. Not perfect here, but infinitely better than those of the United States. Or ask yourself how it is that our police can afford to be routinely unarmed while on patrol. Very different from the situation in the USA (We are currently in a state of heightened terror alert, so the police are, for the momemt, armed).

I am more than happy to be denied by our government the right to disperse hate speech in its various ramifications (in particular the so-called “written manifesto” that he sent to our PM’s office and a few other places, and the apalling live video that the mosque-shooter attempted to circulate internationally and has largely succeeded for the moment thanks to crap organizations like Facebook).

Because in exchange for this small incursion into my so-called “right to free speech” (Censorship,eh, Dr D.), I get to live in a country that is relatively free of the kind of absurdities that currently make the USA the laughing stock of the world.

I am extremely proud of the way that our country has reponded to this emergency.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Javier Mayorca, a Venezuelan journalist, tweeted that a Russian cargo plane with military equipment also arrived in Caracas on Saturday. He said around 100 Russian soldiers led by General Vasily Tonkoshkurov, head of the mobilisation directorate of Russia’s armed forces, disembarked along with about 35 tons of equipment.

Reportedly, Tonkoshkurov, also means thin skinned in Russian.
    Rather apt given the circumstances, no?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.