Debt Rattle March 30 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 30 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

René Magritte The muscles of the sky 1927   • May Hopes To Hold Fourth Vote On Brexit Deal (Ind.) • May Ready To Trigger Election Within 10 Days
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 30 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

René Magritte The muscles of the sky 1927
    Wow, what an interesting title; but I can see it; fascinating…

The rest? I’ll take another pass thank you… 😉

Dr. D
    Participant

“Human Population Explosion Squeezes Out Wildlife On African Savannah (Ind.)”

And why? This doesn’t happen in Japan. There the population is extremely high, yet nature comes down to main street, valued and protected. Journalists reporting otherwise, bears are throughout the U.S. suburbs east and west, wrecking house accessories and killing dogs from time to time. So why does our ecosystem have deer, cougars and other critters overrun despite ‘population’?

Because it’s not the population, despite what the Independent says. It’s bad policies not even BY the population which has lived with them 10,000 years, but usually bad, extractive, exploitative POLICY by a few at the top, which wrecking the population’s lives, the system, and therefore inspires/forces people to behave as they don’t want to and virtually never have. …But if they reported that, they’d have to clean up corruption in Africa and Britain, and not kill 2 billion of those nasty humans for the good of all, as they write about wishing to, every day.

“The Places in America that Use the Most (and Least) Pesticides (PO) “

So basically, this is a map of agriculture in the United States. Or a population map, either way. No people = no pesticides.

PS Sulfur or mineral oil as a pesticide? That’s mild, possibly like spilling your oil-vinaigrette. Pyrethrum, a somewhat disputed ‘organic’ pesticide from daisies, isn’t listed.

Note that per acre, suburbs: houses, golf courses, schools, use multiple times more chemicals than farmers, and where there is virtually no human need whatsoever, only vanity. If you want to fix this, start in your own backyard.

zerosum
    Participant

• Wokester’s Nightmare (Kunstler)
    If the FBI brass did not bring that to Mr. Mueller’s attention right away, then either their incompetence is epic or they are criminally liable for concealing the hoax.

Nothing will be done or can be done to those who are sick with dementia.

• On Russiagate and Our Refusal to Face Why Trump Won (Taibbi)
    They cannot even remember saying or writing those words.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

“May Hopes To Hold Fourth Vote On Brexit Deal (Ind.)”

A nice reference to the movie Groundhog Day, which, BTW, did have a happy ending with lessons learned and personal growth accomplished. Brexit should be turned over to Hollywood for some script editing.

“It’s also very likely that Robert Mueller learned that the Steele Dossier was a fraud in the summer of 2017, if not shortly after his appointment in May of that year..”

Mueller must have been briefed from the get-go about the goals of his mission… er, I mean investigation: “Find some way to get rid of this turkey and do it quick!”, but it took 2 ½ years to finally admit that there was no stained blue dress to be found. Mueller is no boy scout, but a crooked DC insider who will never go to jail for his fake collusion investigation.

MoFlora
    Participant

There seems to be collective amnesia regarding the many investigations still ongoing into the Trump syndicate. At least two, the ongoing DC hotel profiteering and the many millions of dollars unaccounted for from the inauguration fund concern the Golden One’s time in office. Many of the other tax, money laundering, charity slush fund, fraud, etc investigations are of course regarding his business dealings before his run for office. Some are being conducted on the state level. And the emolument clause issue is a lawsuit. Lets not forget the grandeur of Trump University. and the 25 million dollar settlement. That rip-off was not the exception.

You can put a ten thousand dollar suit on a pig… and it’s still a hog.

Trump’s appointed AG will find it more difficult to make all these go away. (Though certainly not impossible. Think of the money involved.)
    It is simply too soon to gloat over a lack of a blue dress. The investigation of the Clintons started as an investigation into a land deal in Arkansas.

R.I.M. Your early call for the Democrats to give up and go home because they have no chance of beating Trump may also be a tad premature. It is true that the super wealthy are in in his corner- they owe him for the tax breaks. The oil, chemical and other major polluting industries are absolutely in love with the guy for the subsidies, safety rollbacks, deregulation and government land giveaways. Remember what Al Capone said : ” Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class.”

And, of course, the judges. The Pence wing is willing to forgive any crime or outrage committed by Trump because of the judges.

For a long time TAE has been predicting an imminent deflationary economic collapse. It seems that such an event may finally be on us in the next year or so. I would not predict the next election outcome until I knew what the economic climate will be in September of 2020. I remind you that in 08 McCain was ahead of Obama until September when the economy went south. Most people will not vote in a year and a half with the Mueller report as their primary issue.

Also, Trump just did the Democrats a favor by making health care an issue again.

I find it surprising that you can rail against Monsanto and Big Oil but ignore Trump’s enriching and enabling both. You can ask for well deserved aid for the mistreated refugees in Greece and greater Europe, but pass on Trump’s border policies and his attitude toward equally needy people.

Where I live, which is strong Trump Country, even his apologists are disillusioned. I no longer hear the positive Trump remarks in the feed store. And they stopped selling the teddy bear wrapped in the American Flag with the Trump theme. The MAGA hats are missing from the gas station. The farmer I buy oats from took the Trump sign out of his shop window and replaced it with a large flag decal. His father served on the same aircraft carrier as John McCain in Vietnam. Sure, Trump would win in this county today…but by a much smaller margin. (Unless the Dems were to run Hillary again – then another landslide)

Regarding the demise of democracy – it has been evident for a quite a while.
    “Democracy don’t rule the world. You better get that in your head. This world is ruled by violence – but I guess thats better left unsaid” -Bobby Dylan about 35 years ago.

Back to pruning and digging holes for planting trees. I have to trim the ox’s feet and get a pen ready for baby goats. The real stuff.

Dig we must.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Regarding the demise of democracy – it has been evident for a quite a while.
    “Democracy don’t rule the world. You better get that in your head. This world is ruled by violence – but I guess thats better left unsaid” -Bobby Dylan about 35 years ago.

He saw the whole thing, clearly.
    Nothing has changed; except the intensity; much worse today…

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

MoFlora, all good points.

I would be surprised for find anyone here to be a Trump supporter. He has always been an ADHD, narcissistic con-man, and I’m afraid that political power has only brought out some of his more troubling latent qualities. Criticism of state and media corruption does not automatically infer support for Trump and his policies.

The only thing his election has really accomplished so far is that it has provided the circumstances which required the DNC, media, and Deep State to come out from the shadows in order to fix a presidential election that got away from them, and failing that, an attempted coup via the Mueller investigation. All because Trump wanted to throttle back on the war machine. This has been an eye-opening experience for many, awakening them to the true nature of our supposed democracy.

Putting things in perspective one must ask themselves, what is worse, Trump and his family profiting from his newfound political influence like every other tinpot dictator (I won’t mention the rewards the Clintons raked in during her stint as SOS), or World War III? There seem to be many who would prefer nuclear annihilation rather than Trump in the White House.

hugho
    Participant

• The Places in America that Use the Most (and Least) Pesticides (PO)
    Come ON guys. The article doesn’t know the difference between pesticides and herbicides. Big difference. Both are evil of course and roundup is especially evil as it is an antibiotic masquerading as a herbicide. It sterilizes the soil killing bacteria and fungi and of course plant matter.
    As to massive animal dieoff in Africa caused by exploding populations . Many countries there have 5-8 children per woman. I may need to go back and read the Book of Revelations.This is a recipe for social disintegration and exodus of unwelcome refugees and ultimately another dieoff.

Rototillerman
    Participant

Maxwell Quest said:

The only thing his election has really accomplished so far is that it has provided the circumstances which required the DNC, media, and Deep State to come out from the shadows in order to fix a presidential election that got away from them, and failing that, an attempted coup via the Mueller investigation. All because Trump wanted to throttle back on the war machine. This has been an eye-opening experience for many, awakening them to the true nature of our supposed democracy.

This is really the heart of the matter, and it continually surprises me that so few people, even intelligent people, recognize this fact. Thank you for summarizing it succinctly, Maxwell.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.