Debt Rattle March 30 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 30 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Edouard Manet Jeanne Duval, Baudelaire’s Mistress, Reclining (Lady with a Fan) 1862   • Ron DeSantis Vows To Ban Vaccine Passports (Fed.) • UK No
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 30 2021]

a kullervo
    Participant

God listened to Silence. Silence kept quiet; God became annoyed, and He spoke: the Universe was born (and Silence died.)

The universe is made of dissatisfaction;
    you can crank up the dissatisfaction dial to eleven but you can’t switch it off, nor even turn it down to zero (some among us try, though, out of sheer dissatisfaction.)

V. Arnold
    Participant

Edouard Manet Jeanne Duval, Baudelaire’s Mistress, Reclining (Lady with a Fan) 1862

Nice; but the Mistress looks less than happy…
    Che surprise, no?

Doc Robinson
    Participant

• UK Now Considering Digital Face-Scanning To Enter Pubs (SN)

This comes after a UK court ruling (this past August) that facial recognition technology violates human rights.

Facial Recognition Violates Human Rights, Court Rules (Forbes)

On Tuesday, the 11th of August [2020], a UK court ruled that facial recognition technology violates human rights. This ruling is the latest in a growing movement that facial recognition technology violates personal freedoms, invades privacy, and is discriminatory….

The ruling stated that facial recognition technology violates human rights. It does not suspend the use of all facial recognition technology, but rather, states that better parameters need to be put in place as to when it can be used.

Doc Robinson
    Participant
    upstateNYer
    Participant

This vaccine passport nonsense is ramping up fast.

Here in the US it’s “racist” to require photo ID to vote. Apparently it isn’t racist to require photo ID to, you know, live a normal life.

The link to the C.J. Hopkins blog that @Bill7 posted yesterday was a sobering read. Someone way smarter than me must understand why and how this is happening. I admit to being gobsmacked by how so many people can view all of this as “normal” and “ok”.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Propaganda
    Propaganda is communication that is primarily used to influence an audience and further an agenda, which may not be objective and may be selectively presenting facts in order to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language in order to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is being presented.
    Wikipedia

Some examples of propaganda from the California Department of Public Health:

Germ
    Participant
    Polder Dweller
    Participant

Biden Mask Up

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results
    — attributed to Einstein

Dr. Fauci Warns Parents About Children Playing Together Without Masks

This is the kind of thing that made me write my comment about Fauci (his name sounds a bit like ‘mistake’ in Dutch) yesterday. At least it seems that Trump reads TAE and decided to act on my suggestion.

Dr. D
    Participant

Super-sad to see the Ever Given floating away. Awww. Now how are we going to destroy the worldwide economy that so desperately needs and deserves it?

CBC: How U.S. Media Lost the Trust of the Public” (28Mar)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/media-distrust-big-news-1.5965622

Sadly, Canada still believes their media and government, who are far worse.

Even in this article: ““There’s a constant selection process that’s going on, that Silicon Valley is encouraging and accelerating,” said U.S. journalist and author Matt Taibbi in the new CBC documentary Big News. “If you read the Daily Caller, you are not going to read the New York Times and vice versa.”

What? False. All Conservatives are forced to consume vomit-inducing quantities of Liberal media and viewpoints, since 100% of the legacy media is Liberal. Point being, they know what both sides are doing, while the Left is lost in an echo-chamber of ego. Itself. If I read the Daily Caller, I’m constantly exposed to the NY Times, but never vice-versa, except by slander. …You know, like how the NY Times, “The Paper of Defending Oligarchs and Punching Down” slandered the Babylon Bee the other day. I assume because the Bee is more trusted, better journalists, and more popular. USA Today did too, but the real news there was that someone, somewhere in America, finally got fired.

What did The Onion used to say, before they were bought out and shut down for the same reason? “America’s most trustworthy news source”? That wasn’t a joke. CNN was the joke. Like all outlets, they were shut down for telling the truth. Comedy must die.

Anyway, how am I going to trust people even as sharp as Taibbi when he can’t see obvious whoppers like this one? His TDS-Style blindness just hid a battleship, and he’s actually a man in good faith and reason. When your BEST can’t see the elephant, THAT’S how you lose the trust of the 80% of the nation that CAN see the elephant.

Like me: I don’t listen to the Right, I listen to the Left, like Camp and Pool and Dore, Rogan, Taibbi, and Greenwald. You think they spend all day listening to…I dunno, whoever is out there like Shapiro or…Carlson? Sorry, I can’t name any since 80% of them are fake and I dgaf.

“The eurozone’s economic problem [come from] overly aggressive lockdowns. Between October and November, Europe’s leading economies decided to shut down the economy aggressively to prevent an increase in cases. Hyperinflation.”

“because it’s the final bubble. We’ve got the government bond bubble and there won’t be another bubble afterwards.”

Apres moi, le deluge.

“The losers are the working class and underclass”

“Tucker Candace”

Obviously it’s racist to have ID to vote but NOT racist to have ID that has all your life information to do every other human activity, like buy food, and NOT vote.

“Facial Recognition Violates Human Rights, Court Rules (Forbes)”

Hahahaaha. When was the last time that mattered?

“Satisfaction”

“The unreasonable man adapts himself to the world: the reasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the reasonable man.” G B Shaw

Dr. D
    Participant

I pasted that quote, but think it’s wrong: it should be:

“The REASONABLE man adapts himself to the world: the UNreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” G B Shaw

madamski cafone
    Participant

This bit of information seems relevant to questions voiced here about how and why we sheeple herd so well:

“Narcissists are excellent liars, but then telling the truth is the natural thing to do. Still, why would people find it much easier to believe the narcissist than the victim?

“This is a question I have pondered long and hard over my years in a narcissist’s captivity and beyond. Part of the answer to this question is in the question: They are excellent liars. but, of course, that’s not the entire explanation. Many people also choose to believe the narcissist over the victim. I know this is true as, in some circumstances, the evidence that the narcissist was abusing me was overwhelming and undeniable, yet people involved in those situations chose to “believe” the narcissist’s cock-eyed version of events. I am saying that there is no way those people actually believed the narcissist. They chose to support the narcissist and the narcissist’s lies over the victim’s truth.

“So then the question(s) become:

“Why do people choose to support abusers over the abusers’ victims?

“Why do people choose to support lies over truth?

“The central reason for this is that many people consistently choose to align themselves with the power, or where they perceive the power to be. These are power-focused people. Power-focused people align themselves with bullies over victims of bullying. They align themselves with men over women in misogynistic cultures. They align themselves with child abusers over abused children. They align themselves with mobsters in mob-controlled environments. They align themselves with dictators, corrupt law enforcement officials, polluters, looters, thieves and murderers. They align themselves with narcissists in narcissistic cultures.”

Amen. THis is, btw, the most common, prevalent, and easily cultivated form of “solidarity”.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Dr. D wrote: “Super-sad to see the Ever Given floating away. Awww. Now how are we going to destroy the worldwide economy that so desperately needs and deserves it?”

I deeply admire the honesty in this. I was disappointed too, which feels like a perverse attitude to have. (Complex psychology involved.) Also, I’d hoped it would provide distracing cover that would help sweep away the covid maskedness sooner, although that madness seems to be doing itself in handily enough.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ a kullervo

“The universe is made of dissatisfaction”

Which begs the question: of what is dissatisfaction made?

madamski cafone
    Participant

I don’t see why we should be surprised by how easily so many people (but far from all, oh my, far from all) the Orwellian ethos pervading our nation. We swallowed the 2000 selection of our president 911 hook’n’sinker, Iraqi WMDs, telcos spying on us for the government, a reality show president… and went on with our lives usual business.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Dr. D

“What? False. All Conservatives are forced to consume vomit-inducing quantities of Liberal media and viewpoints, since 100% of the legacy media is Liberal.”

And some of us are forced to encounter vomit-inducing references to meaningless labels like conservative and liberal. C’mon, get serious. WHen Taibbi wrote: “”There’s a constant selection process that’s going on, that Silicon Valley is encouraging and accelerating,” said U.S. journalist and author Matt Taibbi in the new CBC documentary Big News. “If you read the Daily Caller, you are not going to read the New York Times and vice versa.”

He was speaking off the cuff not in stringent journalistic prose (which he is one of the few journalists to write these days). He obviously meant that the Daily Caller is a source that some people will go to rather the NYTimes, not exclusively. He didn’t say that they never read or are exposed to the influence of or quotes from the NYTimes. Plus it’s a single quote out of context. And he managed not to say ‘conservative’ or ‘liberal’, maybe because it hardly matters at this point.

One reason I harp on this fear-worship of authority is because it tends to promote a knee-jerk contrarian stance where it doesn’t apply. One says things lile “False.” about things that are plainly true because one has become conditioned to Blaming the (Perceived) Enemy.

It is so fun to name and blame, and mostly a waste of time. Call someone else a liar over and over and you can more easily ignore the smoke you blow up your own. I’ve done y share of it and struggle with it yet.

The Name Game

a kullervo
    Participant

@madamski

Dissatisfaction is the main sequel of the self-inflicted wounds using fear & hope, the ammo of choice for the original Russian Roulette gun: illusion.

a kullervo
    Participant

@Dr. D

The regular procrastinative corpse* has this to say: Progress?! Look around, look at your own words: do you think it was worth it?

* The regular procrastinative corpse: despondent soul, waning mind, decaying body tagging along, oblivious to it all.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Somebody here shared this article: article

Nice article, good clear language. But this cracks me up: “It’s why we have to get power back to the people. Solutions will likely be utilized through artificial intelligence controlled by people for the benefit of people.”

Who is thre “we” who will get power “back to the people”. The people? Who can only exert autonomous authority oif a herd of them are doing likewise? Thereby requiring only a harness and a leash to be controlled by smeone other than this mysterious “we”?

There is no we. There’s just you and me. A whole lot of yous and mes. No we, except barely, in things like devoted marriage or other extremely close and mutually dependent relationships.

@ a kullervo

Nice enough answer but it seems to refer to human beings (at least primarily) when the dissatisfaction you mention is that of what we loosely call “God”. Seems like just another hominid projection of yearning self onto the sky, which is fine except it’s a depressing projection.

I want the sky to smile at me when I smile at it. Otherwise, I shutter my magic loantern and hoard the light to myself, my other half, and the few people who come into my ken who are open enough to love and be loved freely with trust.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ a kullervo

“regular procrastinative corpse”

Handy definition. Me like. A condition I too often indulge but nonetheless work, with tolerable success, to transcend.

madamski cafone
    Participant

from today’s Kunstler:

“A command economy means that government increasingly attempts to take over economic enterprise, to replace x-million individual economic choices of freely-acting people in a society with bureaucratic central planning. (Have you already said ha-ha-ha, knowing how that has worked out through history?)”

Actually, they do work when properly applied, but we have mostly relied on private/government banks, more or less central, to do the job when what is needed is like that the smarter greeks and early Romans did: regular censuses tallying the amount of actual physical wealth on hand (land, animals, salves, water, ores, etc.), and then coining whatever new money is needed to accurately represent that wealth with money’s magical talismans, sometimes also rescinding the old money and coining new money to eliminate all the counterfeit currency that inevitably follows.

It’s almost a secret history but you can find out for yourselves if you dig.

The popular alternative to this is Adam Smith Invisible Hand. Adam Smith didn’t know shit about how money actually works, and was as blind in this regard as today’s economists are to things like energy and physical reality in general.

While the following is true:

hand

it is only as true as far as it goes and invisible hands don’t walk very far or fast without realizing that magic invisibility makes for awesome powers of sneak-thievery, especially in the hidden thaumaturges called “banks”.

If command economies are a bad idea, then so is human civilization in numbers larger than a person can individually know and hold accountable. Tribalism, they dismissively call it, gladly slandering a million ancestors who knew more about relevant physical reality than 100 of us pooling our knowledge.

Survival

I dislike Hank, Jr., but he makes a valid point here, imo.

sumac.carol
    Participant

I too liked Dr. D’s honesty in admitting he was disappointed about the ship being released. Because I feel that we are on an unstoppable course of destruction I secretly wish for a catastrophe that would render BAU impossible. My rational mind tells me that there will be many innocents hurt in that event, but I have to wonder how that number compares to the number of innocents victimized by the current system.

In the meantime, I prune my haskap bushes by the hour. These tough, long-lived plants need no vaccines (are incredibly disease resistant), give a bounty of incredibly tasty berries adored by humans and birds alike.

Dr. D
    Participant

“UK Government Minister Says People Should “Call Out” Others For Hugging Their Loved Ones”

According to them, vaccines don’t work. Now Quaranteaming doesn’t work either?

I probably misinterpreted this and it’s just a crime to show affection in England.

zerosum
    Participant

Enablers are too busy, Cannot read, cannot take the time to read, not interested in reading,
    Enablers are not hiring Truthtellers

This from India dates from November 2020.
    • Ivermectin Prophylaxis Leads To 73% Reduction In Covid Infection (NIE)
    https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/odisha/2020/nov/05/ivermectin-prophylaxis-leads-to-73-per-centreduction-in-covid-infectionaiims-bhubaneswar-study-2219438.html
    By Hemant Kumar Rout
    “Corresponding author of the study and AIIMS Director Gitanjali Batmanabane said two-dose Ivermectin prophylaxis at a dose of 300 micro gram per one kg body weight with a gap of 72 hours was associated with 73 pc reduction of COVID-19 infection among the HCWs.”
    ——-
    James Howard Kunstler job application rejected by the enablers of “Build Back Better”
    • Do You Believe in Magic? (Kunstler)

Do You Believe in Magic?

The idea behind “Build Back Better”
    “… to downsize, downscale, and re-localize all our activities to bring them back into sync with actual productivity — that is, raising food, making real stuff, and trading it…..”

——–
    As recommended, I went to Read more …
    Job application rejected – Not a team player

“Marc Friederich and Matthias Weik are two economists who didn’t succumb to groupthink after the 2008 crash and now see financial capitalism’s end game.”

https://medium.com/@renegadeinc/financial-capitalism-the-endgame-7aa15da591cc

The United Kingdom sells bonds to finance the whole system. So who’s buying the bonds? The answer is hedge funds, insurance companies, banks and now, central banks.”
    The economist understood that there are only three possibilities to delete the debts in the system — inflation, devaluation of the currency and war. In each case, it’s the people who are forced to pay.

Wrong!
    Wake up!
    Its a jubillee!
    All the investments in hedge funds, insurance companies, banks and now, central banks are worth …
    Nothing, zero.

——–

Noirette
    Participant

I was going to post the link “docs forbidden to prescribe hydroxycholoroquine, invermectin…” by Ilargi at Testing 1,2,3 -> 29 March.

Gvmts. of course regulate much of medical practice, directly and indirectly. As I posted previously, the then French min. of Health, Buzyn, had hydroxychloroquine put on the F list of poisonous substances, thereby practically, on the ground, preventing its use, excepting some v. constrained ‘emergency’ cases, for hospitalized patients (forbidden in general practice, etc.) (January 2020, became official in Feb 2020.) In May 2020 (link 1 below, F MSM) its use as treatment for covid became ‘unlawful’, using that term because the penalties are not spelled out.

Big Pharma and the MIC (medical-industrial-conglomerate) have infiltrated and now control Gvmt. branches dealing with ‘health’, i.e. food sanitary control, drugs, public health management, and of course vaccines. Not flash news, but the level-up for control has taken a gigantic leap in the past year.

One Doc (MD) on F TV (someone sent me the clip) expressed rage, outrage. He ranted that at the beginning of the ‘pandemic’ most / all med. person. were with Macron, all together we must face this, etc. Macron made promises (better infrastrc, equipmnt, facilties, higher pay for overtime, etc. etc.) which were not honored. We are angry and fedup (various scandals, etc.)…and…here was the important part… he was hearing about a plan to create an ‘intermediary level’ of doctor. (no link)

me: Without a ‘full degree’ and the responsibility that comes with it, these ‘intermediary’ docs will be servants of Gvmt/big MIC and would have almost no decisionary powers (much like nurses in F today – nursing in the US is different.) They would be much cheaper to train (recall, in the EU, higher ed. is pretty much free..), would be subservient, etc. Dispatched to ‘specialities’ and ‘locales’ (like teachers in F) of one kind or another. They would be well trained in computer use, because the next step will be algos: algorithms are already today v. good at predicting time of death, and many other results, events. What the algo produces, with its ‘best plan’ will have to be carried out. These docs will be robotic executives, éxécutants (used in F for perfomer, actor..) of policy decided elsewhere, at the top, with the calculations etc. performed by the algos on a pre-determined data set.

Noirette
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

Not procrastinating, somebody’s got to do work in America, but it’s like swimming in taffy. Daffy taffy, where any time you propose something logical, engineering style, the local monkeys vote you down and return to waving cinnamon syringes and coconut radios for the prosperity cargo cult. “I’ve got an idea: let’s NOT spend $10 million dollars AND not collapse the whole electric grid! We could cut costs so people aren’t shut off during the greatest depression. Amirite? Who’s with me?” :: Blank Stares :: Mutters “Right, I guess we’ll do it your way and bankrupt them and us before our inevitable descent into poverty and death.” “…You have your orders, Mr. Docktor. And watch the attitude, the faster we get this done…” the faster we are out on the street and living in mud huts overseen by violent viscounts. Got it.

We could save money, save the whole economy, continue cancer screening, AND not end all human rights!” ::: Angry Stares :::

I talked to the plants and they say they want Brawdo.” :::Applause::: That sounds reasonable.

To get Brawdo for plants, we need to talk into our coconut radio. ….And keep human rights.”

Fry
    https://miro.medium.com/max/1104/1*bq0gWyIjS8DHMiPnfld6lQ.jpeg

Taibbi is saying each side is retreating to their corner, and that’s not wrong. And the words DO have no meaning anymore, but that’s becoming true of all words in our whole culture, taking communication and reason with them. …As always in the turn of history.

Yes, it is disappointment to return to business as usual, the worst, most wasteful, unhappy-making thing they can come up with. Until tomorrow, when Wheel of Fauci spins again and I have to cut new loopholes into their new silly, counterproductive, unenforceable rules. It sure is easier to blow money and break things than to make them work. As Howard say, “in a land where everything goes and nothing matters.” Physics matters.

a kullervo
    Participant

@madamski

You wrote:
    Nice enough answer but it seems to refer to human beings (at least primarily) when the dissatisfaction you mention is that of what we loosely call ‘God’.

My comment:
    “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
    Genesis 1:27 (KJV)

“As above, so below”
    The Emerald Tablet

Know thyself” – “Nothing to excess” – “Surety brings ruin”
    Delphic maxims

… lofty goals…

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ a kullervo

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
    Genesis 1:27 (KJV)

“As above, so below” The Emerald Tablet”

Those too are human projections. This is not to say that the Bible doesn’t report some accurate supernatural or at least extraterrestrial truths about natural history. I believe it does. My approach is to keep separate my projections of self onto God from logical inquiriy into why reality exists and how it does so (we usually say “came to be” but that presumes beginning and end causality that doesn’t necessarily apply to whatever may have greater understanding of and even respopnsibility for, the Great Big Unavoidable Everything.

As for the Delphic maxims: moderation in all things including moderation. Surety has its place, be it faith-or-data-based. I’m sure I’m alive in this body. That may be a cunning illusion but if so, no matter: if so, illusion is reality and therefore real to us.

So then, is it safe for me to assume that you have no specific reason for why a God would grow bored and dissatisfied with what we presume was some kind of silence? That is, outside of projecting human attributes onto God?

Oh, I pray to a human projection of God. I even put a Jesus face on it because I was raised on it and, after many years, have embraced it as how I was conditioned to see my personal Almighty Invisible Friend and therefore a natural fit. But that’s just me praying, begging, beseeching, seeking comfort or at least a nifty way of conning myself into a state more serene than otherwise.

I’m always open to an objective concept of “God” but it is perhaps something we humans are not capable of. Sceintists project science onto God; religionists project the human condition onto God. We shut down our minds when we can, and open our hearts, and feel something too real and serene to hold onto that somehow emotionally “explains” it to us but won’t pasre into language or any known symbolic logic.

@ Dr. D

I don’t think the “procrastination” a kullervoe mentioned referred to you or anyone but the human condition as experienced/projected by a kullervo with the awesome last name.

“And the words DO have no meaning anymore, but that’s becoming true of all words in our whole culture, taking communication and reason with them. …As always in the turn of history.”

Bullshit. Corn still means corn, genetically modified or not, original wild form or not. Sky still means sky. Ground still means ground. Sun still means solar object in our day sky. A vagina is still a vagina, a penis is still a penis, and shit still stinks like shit. You Taibbi to task but frequently and chronically parse your own ideas through absolutist weasel words like “all”. Why not add: infinitely and forever and ever amen?

madamski cafone
    Participant

‘My approach is to keep separate my projections of self onto God from logical inquiriy into why reality exists’

More simply: I honor both magical and ratinal thought and strive to remember which is which. Not separate from each other: they only work when they touch. But I strive to simply keep track of my own thoughts and which aspect of explanatin they come from.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

• CDC Director Chokes Back Tears As She Fearmongers “Impending Doom” (ZH)

I guess this is because the current level of “doom” isn’t scary enough. The latest data on excess deaths in the US, even after the CDC adds a correction for incomplete data, shows ZERO excess deaths (from all causes) since February 21.

[link removed because it wouldn’t post]

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Doc Robinson

I ask myself if those tears are genuine crocodilia or simply genuine, the product of powerful groupthink? The power of denial is hard to overestimate.

The Missing Link

missing link

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Trying again, the CDC graph showing ZERO excess deaths since Feb 21, even after correcting for incomplete data:

madamski cafone
    Participant

Mighty Morons

“Republicans introduce bill opposing lifting Iran sanctions US lawmakers say Biden must maintain sanctions until Iran ‘ends its support for violence and terror around the region’

Moron in Charge:

moron in Charge

Those milindustrial dollars won’t spend themselves, after all. They need help.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Doc Robinson

The trouble with the “no excessive deaths” thing is that it rests on “all other things being equal”… when everything has radically changed. For example:

a) U.S. traffic deaths fell after coronavirus lockdown, but drivers got riskier

b) Traffic and pedestrian fatalities spike despite fewer miles driven due to Covid, safety officials say

When the rug is pulled as it has this past year, everything trembles. Times like this are when thesis and antithesis form syntheses: new stuff we don’t understand.

I have experienced the crazy driving myself. People are freaking out.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

@ Madamski

The number of excess deaths (based on body counts, regardless of diagnosis or cause of death) still seems like a useful indicator of just how bad the situation is (or isn’t).

upstateNYer
    Participant

I don’t know, @Madamski, you’re assuming the statistics about current and past traffic/pedestrian accidents and deaths presented in those links are accurate. Why would these be any more accurate than other statistics we’re inundated with?

From one article you linked to: “We’ve never seen trends like this, and we feel an urgency… to take action and turn this around as quickly as possible,” Deputy NHTSA Administrator James Owens said Thursday.”

Great. Now my car gets to wear a mask and socially distance as well? 😉

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ upstateNYer

“I don’t know, @Madamski, you’re assuming the statistics about current and past traffic/pedestrian accidents and deaths presented in those links are accurate. Why would these be any more accurate than other statistics we’re inundated with?
    From one article you linked to: “We’ve never seen trends like this, and we feel an urgency… to take action and turn this around as quickly as possible,” Deputy NHTSA Administrator James Owens said Thursday.”

Yes, I make that assumption otherwise I’d have made some caveat emptor remark.

I see no reason for them to lie, and traffic accident stats should be ridiculously accurate, since insurance companies want them to be extremely accurate for a number of reasons, all of them profit-based, which is the soul of truth for business, which will lie to you about how great their product/service us until the sun sets on the entire solar system, but when it comes to government stats that they need to avoid paying money they don’t legally HAVE to, will fiercely focus their corruptive influence on government to demanding open honest accuracy.

The ex-Mrs. Sherburn had a fender-bender a month ago from a crazy driver. I have experienced my share of it too.

It is possible, btw, that Deputy NHTSA Administrator James Owens is in part venting his frustration with having to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.

&*(

@ Doc Robinson

“The number of excess deaths (based on body counts, regardless of diagnosis or cause of death) still seems like a useful indicator of just how bad the situation is (or isn’t).”

It tells us what we already know: covid is hardly the Black Death. Specific information, like reports of near-zero flu deaths, is more useful insomuch as it is closer to the covid phenomenon than traffic accidents (viruses behave very much alike in general, is my understanding) but still inconclusive.

We know Fauci is lying. We don’t need stats or studies to know that. We just compare what he said last week to what he says this week. Like we did with Trump. E-z p-z. I find little positive result from energy spent at this point on demonstrating that covid is being lied about in myriad ways: we already know that with absolute certainty. If it’s emotionally helpful, great.

As for the actual risk posed directly by covid as a virus that may infect one, it seems to me that seeking out who is telling the truth is far more beneficial. Reminds me of that joke in Huck Finn: “Everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it.” Obviously, the joke is about changing the weather, not who grabs an unbrella when it’s raining which is indeed doing somethng about the weather. Today, we can change the weather, and we believe that, given enough group effort and science-this-or-that, we can change anything to something more suitable to us. This thinking is in many weays the foundation of the mass hypnosis we see regarding covid: anything done must be universal and top-down, a concpet amplified by the global facts of viral transmission. But the truth is that individual effort is what will reduce one’s risk of damage from covid.

At some point, it is we individuals taking our vitamin D etc. who will become the shapers of group behavior as people spontaneously adopt measures that work rather than trust the voices of authority. We need to be taking vitamin D anyway because our population and its mostly indoor lifestyles are chronically deficient in D, which is very bad for people busy spreading local germs globally in the space of 24 hours.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Madamski: I enjoy your comments. They tend to get me thinking. Thank you. 🙂

However with this comment: “I see no reason for them to lie, and traffic accident stats should be ridiculously accurate, since insurance companies want them to be extremely accurate for a number of reasons …”

You may wish to reconsider your perspective on your statement.that Insurance companies “want them to be extremely accurate” … because … why??

I posit that rates could [potentially] decrease a great deal if they were based on “extremely accurate” statistics. For example, I drove my car less than 5,000 miles last year, but the refund on my ins premium for all those those reduced miles was about $15. I’m wondering how that reconciles with statistics about average miles driven last year vs average miles driven in all previous years.

And with this comment … “It is possible, btw, that Deputy NHTSA Administrator James Owens is in part venting his frustration with having to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.”

Now, now … if you’re going to toss stones at Dr D. for his interpretations you should be quite careful not to do the same thing yourself. 😉

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Madamski: “[The number of excess deaths] tells us what we already know: covid is hardly the Black Death.”

The excess deaths still seems like a useful indicator to me.

Back when it fit the narrative, there was ample media coverage about how this data gives an idea of how many Covid deaths may have been undiagnosed or otherwise undercounted. Well, it works the other way, too, regarding whether the overall situation is as big a crisis as the narrative makes it out to be.

The data is from the CDC of course, with the applicable caveats, but when the CDC data seems to contradict the CDC narrative, I think that’s notable.

Also notable is the general lack of coverage by the mainstream media about the excess deaths when it doesn’t fit the narrative.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.