Debt Rattle March 8 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 8 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Paul Gauguin Tahitian village 1892   • We May Have Hit ‘Peak Trade’ Even Without Trump’s Tariffs – UBS (CNBC) • China’s Exports Surge At The Fast
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 8 2018]

Nassim
    Participant

They’re at it again, howling about a town in Syria that’s being retaken by the government. This time it’s Eastern Ghouta, a suburb of Damascus and one of the last remaining strongholds of the Islamist insurgency that has torn the country apart over the last seven years.

Before Eastern Ghouta it was Aleppo and before Aleppo it was Madaya and before Madaya it was Homs, and so on. All of these places were framed as though there were no armed insurgents present, and the Syrian authorities were just mercilessly massacring civilians out of cartoonishly villainous bloodlust. If the insurgents were mentioned, they were usually (and still are) presented by the western press as moderate rebels and freedom fighters.

What the mainstream media isn’t telling you about Eastern Ghouta

I have no idea why the images sometimes show and sometimes do not. Strange.

Nassim
    Participant

Last night, on the BBC, I watched a piece where the presenter was explaining that after Brexit there will be a shortage of lorry drivers, restaurant cooks, vegetable pickers, nurses and so on.

I told my host this was ridiculous as people in the UK did all these jobs previously. He agreed with the presenter and said that I had no idea how many people in the UK don’t want to work. My position is that people will work if you give them a decent wage. Obviously, no one can compete with Polish vegetable pickers who live in dormitories and work 12 hour days in the open for a low pay.

OTOH, Russia is discovering that there are plenty of Russians who can make Italian-style cheeses.

Russian Counter-Sanctions Created a Domestic Cheese Industry Overnight

Russian farmers adore Putin for the EU food ban

I wonder who has got it right? 🙂

V. Arnold
    Participant

The U.S. is in full tilt boogy mode, in flooding the world with total disinformation, domination, of its version of truth; a 2018 version of Orwell’s 1984 Ministry of Truth.
    A quote from The Usual Suspects seems apropos;

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

Verbal Kint

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

The real story that is being obfuscated by almost every media outlet, including controlled (witting or unwitting, it does not matter) opposition, is that there ISN’T ENOUGH MONEY FOR THESE PEOPLE TO SAVE FOR RETIREMENT.
    Money is lent into existence based on the principles of a balance sheet. The debts = the money produced. The interest debt = the interest paid out.

It is a ZERO-SUM GAME.

When there are a few people who control trillions, many people in the masses will, by definition, have more debt than savings/
    It can’t be any other way in this prima facie fraud debt-money system.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.<<

As long as people don’t understand the devil works through a supranational Money Power Debt-Money Monopolist system, it doesn’t matter if one believes in the devil or not, at least from a physical practical standpoint.

Nassim
    Participant

Speaking of the devil, here is a good approximation:

Dope, Inc: Britain’s Opium War Against the World

Nassim
    Participant
    TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Hi Nassim,

Syria’s sin is that they aren’t ruled by a Money Power Debt-Money Monopolist central banking system.

Quick, name a war between two countries controlled by BIS central banks.

Now name all the NATO (BIS central bank controlled country collaboration) wars against countries that didn’t have a BIS central bank… until they were conquered by the BIS controlled countries.

Heck, take your time…

If you didn’t already know, now you know the genesis for all these demonic wars.

The irony for the people duped to fight on behalf of the Money Power Overlords is that they are fighting to spread debt-money enslavement across the globe.

The Money Power “woman” riding their debt-based money Beast empire system is quite please the average political IQ is in single digits.

The average monetary system literacy in N/A because the average person can’t even think in those terms – it just doesn’t register.

And that is the downfall of ordinary human beings.

anticlimactic
    Participant

Litvinenko

When you have exotic assassinations then you need to be suspicious. The article below suggests that

[1] Litvinenko was accompanied at the cafe by a criminal who was known to sometimes work for the CIA.
    [2] Litvinenko was desperate for money and was trying to blackmail Russian oligarchs and the Russian Mafia
    [3] Litvinenko is thought to have smuggled nuclear materials

Three ways to die!

The newest assassination is also suspicious :

[1] Nerve agent suggest a government involvement
    [2] Ex Russian spy so suggests Russia
    [3] QED!

In both cases you have to assume the Russian government is totally incompetent using bizarre methods which points the finger at them!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-22/until-today-i-assumed-putin%E2%80%99s-russia-killed-litvinenko-%E2%80%A6-then-i-looked-myself

anticlimactic
    Participant

Fukushima

This is a global disaster but is being treated like an ‘unfortunate incident’.

The reactors had recently been converted to MOX [mixed oxides – a combination of uranium and plutonium].

I did read that 6 grams of plutonium was enough to kill everyone in the UK. Also it has a half-life of 250,000 years so will be in the environment for millions of years.

On a related note – I have recently been wondering about the effect of intercepting incoming nuclear missiles, each one containing several kilograms of plutonium which would burn up in the atmosphere and be distributed over a wide area.

olo530
    Participant

anticlimactic, no isotope of Plutonium has half-life of 250,000 years. The closest to that half-life is Plutonium-242 – it’s 373,000 years and therefore is not particularly radioactive. Plutonium-239 has half-life of 24,110 years and is lethal if inhaled, but you will need a few kilograms of it to kill the entire Britain, not 6 grams.

Dr. D
    Participant

Nuclear’s not great but, as with guns, they turn a measurable bad into a hysterical hyperbole.

I’m not even sure a 6 gram exposure could kill one person, much less 30 Million. We’re not even sure how exposure works, since MOST of the time, it seems to happen the way you read in books: radiation poisoning, sickness, death. But then we have people like McClusky and others have had abnomally high doses and yet die of other causes. No one knows why, but I for one am truly interested. Is the dose theraputic up to a point like they used to believe, then harmful above a threshold? Does it strike some people differently? Do they heal better? Can they flush the toxin? Clearly, the purging procedures are fairly effective. https://gizmodo.com/the-tragic-tale-of-atomic-man-the-most-radioactive-hum-1601443536 (I was looking for a similar case from the Manhattan project, but this is similar)

Nevertheless, we can tell broadly from Chernobyl that it has the expected effects. And not. Chernobyl is a weird haven of flourishing wildlife, but also mutations.

Anyway, what would happen? Widely distributed, England would get an airport X-Ray and not even notice. Radiation is ALREADY in the background atmosphere and is more increased by TVs and cell phones than by Russia. But as with alcohol we LIKE those things and don’t care. Most things we do every day: driving, high-altitude flights, basement radon, trans-fats, deskside sitting, chicken salad, are more dangerous than things we consider dangerous: sharks, terrorists, guns. I think you’re like 1,000 times more likely to be hit by lightning than shot, and 5,000 times more like than that to meet a terrorist. It’s all about emotion, not statistics. We’ve probably killed more kids in Syria than Hiroshima, and no one cares. Just research the real dangers, the real statistics, and find out for yourself.

Before the U.S. stopped nuclear preparedness, official science was you only had to be in shelter for like 3 weeks after a nuclear strike before radiation levels became incidental. 3 weeks is very, very preparable, and places like Russia and China are prepared. In pop science (read: not science) and shows like “Jericho” no one on earth can or would survive even a limited nuclear strike.
    Panic
    According to TV, even a loss of iPhones would be fatal, as humans have never survived without them before.

This has a number of parameters, however, distance, yield, number of bombs, elevation at detonation, etc. Some, like neutron bombs would kill everyone and leave everything standing, EMPs would leave everything standing with the people but stop some unknowable fraction of infrastructure, others like cobalt bombs would make everything uninhabitable forever. But a modern nuclear strike on London is more than survivable for most of England. They wouldn’t even bother, but drop a heavy rod from space, kinetic-style. At the same time, a single SARMAT missile could take out every city center in Britain or France. Since everyone is lying, the only thing to do is research it and understand. Since it’s complicated, I can’t do that for you, but I can advise being rigorous, practical, and unemotional. Nuclear is just a thing, like thousands of others.

https://www.madisoncountyema.com/nwss.pdf

anticlimactic
    Participant

Fukushima

Yes, I was out by a factor of 10 and it is only the plutonium 239 which has a half life of 24,000 years. So only potentially dangerous for a 100 thousand years or more.

I think the ‘6 grams’ comes from a suggestion by Ralph Nader that one pound of plutonium dust in the atmosphere was enough to kill 8 billion people, but a more realistic estimate is only around 2 million people – lung cancer from inhalation mainly.

This still does not alter my opinion that Fukushima is a global disaster and it should have had all resources required and all the experts needed to stop it happening as soon as possible.

olo530
    Participant

There is no cleaning it up. Once you turn uranium-238 into plutonium-239 you are stuck. There is no turning it back into something benign in a reasonable amount of time. You can only contain it. And it’s expensive, so once the economy contracts people will have no other option but to let it seep out into the environment. But look on the bright side – whatever sentient life develops on this planet after us will be radiation hardened and more adapted to space travel!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.