Debt Rattle March 9 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 9 2019

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Juan Gris Portrait of Pablo Picasso 1912   • World’s Biggest Debt Slaves: Americans Wimp Out in 11th Place (WS) • Chelsea Manning Jailed For Refu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 9 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Sorry, nothing I could dig my teeth into; it’s just all so normal…

tony smyth
    Participant

Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore: interview on Breibart News. that says it all.

jakosmos
    Participant

Patrick Moore showing no skin in the game. How does someone become such a nasty corporate shill. Does he somehow believe what he is peddling?

jakosmos
    Participant

First post by the way. Thanks for one of the best pages online. Went to a talk by Nicole on Chalmers in Sweden 10 years ago which changed my life and found The Automatic Earth a few yearslater. Just got around to register.

Welcome, Jakosmos. 10 years of reading up to do….

As for Moore, his brain damage obviously comes from drinking Roundup.

kultsommer
    Participant

Comments on Zero Hedge re Chelsea. Just wow, wow and wow!?!?
    Patrick’s hair-pulling-dirt-rolling-fight-like twitter string that he went on with Ocasio reveals the man who must have had a life long problem with opposite sex.
    Yep, that is a Picasso, despite Gris trying to “conceal” it.

hostebbe
    Participant

Dr D There are some bright spots in the darkness that lies ahead. Many people are working hard to make a difference. See for example Living the Change free on Mercola through Mar ll, https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/03/09/living-the-change-documentary.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20190309Z1_UCM&et_cid=DM272115&et_rid=563290438

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/03/blame-dead-victims.html
    Deeply Embarrassing to the Deep State, Putin’s doing, again…
    Vovan and Lexus, Russian telephone pranksters known for their trolling of politicians from around the world, have struck again, targeting US special representative for Venezuela Elliott Abrams to find out more about the US-backed effort to unseat that country’s legitimate government. Sputnik got ahold of the full audio from the talks.
    Posing as Swiss President Ueli Maurer, who also serves as the country’s finance minister, the pranksters contacted Abrams on two occasions – in mid-February and early March, speaking to him for over 23 minutes about Swiss policy on the ongoing effort to freeze the Venezuelan government’s assets as part of broader plans to replace President Nicolas Maduro with US-backed opposition leader Juan Guaido.
    https://sputniknews.com/latam/201903061073002069-abrams-full-interview-audio/

S​topping Venezuela’s heart… This is like bombing cities. Even the rich Venezuelan’s get hurt. This will reduce their support for the US.
    A massive power outage at the Guri Dam in Venezuela caused 18 of the country’s 23 states to go dark on Thursday, bringing life to a halt. Caracas has alleged it’s the work of Washington, where key politicos seemed to know about the attack almost as it happened. An activist told Sputnik it’s the “first act in a new play” of regime change.​..
    ​Venezuelan Vice President Dulcy Rodriguez pointed the finger firmly at Washington, which since January 23 has backed the self-proclaimed interim president of Venezuela, a parliamentarian named Juan Guaido, as the legitimate leader of the country, seeking Maduro’s ouster. She noted that only three minutes after the blackout began, US Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) tweeted about it, gloating that the “Maduro regime is a complete disaster.”
    https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201903091073076691-US-Attack-Venezuelan-Power-Grid-First-Act-New-Play/

​I’ve been watching the story of the 40 tons of stolen Syrian gold being accepted by US Special Forces, to give ISIS safe-passage out of their tomb. The Syrian press has now broached the subject of US theft of Syrian gold, which it obviously is. Gold is worth stealing from enemies of the dollar.
    The Syrian National News Agency headlined on February 26th, “Gold deal between United States and Daesh” (Daesh is ISIS) and reported that,
    Information from local sources said that US army helicopters have already transported the gold bullions under cover of darkness on Sunday [February 24th], before transporting them to the United States.
    The sources said that tens of tons that Daesh had been keeping in their last hotbed in al-Baghouz area in Deir Ezzor countryside have been handed to the Americans, adding up to other tons of gold that Americans have found in other hideouts for Daesh, making the total amount of gold taken by the Americans to the US around 50 tons, leaving only scraps for the SDF [Kurdish] militias that serve them [the US operation].
    Recently, sources said that the area where Daesh leaders and members have barricaded themselves in, contains around 40 tons of gold and tens of millions of dollars.
    Allegedly, “US occupation forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen, in exchange for providing safe passage for the terrorists and their leaders from the areas in Deir Ezzor where they are located.”
    https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2019/03/08/syria-accuses-us-stole-40-tons-of-its-gold.html

zerosum
    Participant

On this blog, we try to understand what happened, what they are doing, and what will be the intended consequences and the un-intended consequences.

Our worldly share past experience help us with our answers.

It doe not mean that our combined knowledge is sufficient to arrive at the right answers.

Even if we do arrive at all the right answers, we do not have the influence or the wealth to change what is happening or what will happen.

I’ll give you an example of what could happen with debt.

Economic recovery

It is a slow day in the small Minnesota town of Marshall , and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A rich tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
    …… etc.
    The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.
    The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves town.
    ……
    No one produced anything. No one earned anything… However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that story has been read by the all the central bankers and it is how they plan on getting rid of all the debts.

kultsommer
    Participant

@zerosum
    I know that story is about financial alchemy, but…. shouldn’t hotel owner have a $100 in his possession so all the debts can be said to have been cancelled?

zerosum
    Participant

@kultsommer
    I don’t really know, `I’m a lowly peon.
    I don’t think that the elites will let the system crash.
    They lent all the money. They collected their loans from the central bankers, (QE) rinse and repeat.
    Now, we guess and speculate on what they will do to get out of trouble.
    I am not in trouble. I’m a lowly peon.
    I couldn’t start wars and steal tons of gold to keep living in la-la-land.

hostebbe
    Participant

zerosum
    the story implies one can borrow oneself out of debt. rather than a tourist coming in, the motel owner goes to the bank and borrows the $100. then after the money cancels out all the debts and gets back to the motel owner, he goes to the bank and pays off his debt. oops–he still owes the interest . and that is how the rich got rich and why jesus had a problem with money lenders

zerosum
    Participant

@
    hostebbe
    This story is a baby example of what the central bankers are doing.
    What they are doing is way more complicated.
    What will be the final result is beyond our ability to guess.
    However, they certainly are not planning to be the losers.

kultsommer
    Participant

@ hostebbe & zerosum
    Financial alchemy kept in dark for centuries and only revealed thanks to internet.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Sounds less like ‘financial alchemy’ and more like an example of money being a ‘medium of exchange’, allowing people to settle their IOUs. The hotel owner didn’t really come out ahead, since his $100 debt to the butcher was extinguished along with his $100 ‘loan’ to the hooker, leaving his balance sheet unchanged.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.