Debt Rattle May 12 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 12 2020

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Edward Hopper Night in the park 1921   • Letter from Hong Kong to Covid Ravaged UK: What On Earth Are You Doing? (HKFP) • 14 Million Wuhan Reside
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 12 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Edward Hopper Night in the park 1921
    That’s some pretty amazing drawing…

Bill7
    Participant

‘Ten reasons to end the lockdown now:
    Lockdown is impairing our ability to live with the effects of this virus, while not changing the long game’, by
    Dr John Lee:

“Writing in this magazine a month ago, I applauded the British government’s stated aim of trying to follow the science in dealing with COVID. Such promises are easier made than kept. Following science means understanding science. It means engaging with rival interpretations of the limited data in order to tease out what is most important in what we don’t know. Instead, the government in the UK (and many other places) seems uninterested in alternative viewpoints. The chosen narrative — that lockdown has saved countless lives — has been doggedly followed by all spokespeople. No doubt is allowed. We have been seeing the groupthink response to a perceived external threat that Jonathan Haidt describes so lucidly in his excellent book on human moral thinking, The Righteous Mind.

It has now become a matter of faith that lockdown is vital. Not only is it believed to be causally responsible for ‘flattening the curve’, but it is feared that releasing it too soon may cause a second spike in cases and ‘economic disaster’ (presumably due to further huge numbers of deaths). On what evidence is this made?..”

https://spectator.us/ten-reasons-end-lockdown-now/

zerosum
    Participant

Its a good thing that the USA made a wall. It keeps the gringo out.
    • Mexican Border Town Uses ‘Sanitizing Tunnels’ To Disinfect US Visitors (G.)
    Mexican border city of Nogales, Sonora, has set up “sanitizing tunnels” to disinfect people leaving the US through Nogales, Arizona. On the Mexican side of two major border crossings, drivers coming from Arizona must exit their vehicles and step into an inflatable tunnel that sprays them with a cleansing solution.
    “reduce the chances that a foreign citizen or citizen of this city who presents symptoms of the disease will infect other people on the Mexican side”.
    ——-
    Do you have any idea how many loans are not being paid back, and may now never be paid back?

YES,YES,YES
    The print master knows which elites will have a JUBILEE.
    (IF YOU DON’T KNOW THEN YOU ARE RIFRAF)

• The Bailout Is Working — for the Rich (Eisinger)
    ——
    https://www.ranker.com/list/fictional-characters-who-wear-masks/ranker-characters
    unmaskING
    …. Batman, Robin, Lone Ranger, Superman, Spiderman, Darth Vader, Captain America

anticlimactic
    Participant

It’s amazing when you think about it – two whole continents, North America and Europe, totally incapable of making PPE equipment!

Dr. D
    Participant

Just as UK lockdown is universal double-plus good, 66% of NYers got the virus in their house under quarantine.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/05/social_distancing_is_snake_oil_not_science.html
    Trust the science. Except whenever it’s inconvenient, complicated, or gets in the way of power.

“The economic devastation wrought by the pandemic could ultimately kill more people than the virus itself” –LA Times
    Well-known right-wing rag, pushing this craziness.
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-11/more-than-a-billion-people-escaped-poverty-in-the-last-20-years-the-coronavirus-could-erase-those-gains

Oh wait: Of course their Brooklyn, Beverly Hills conclusion is that these physics only apply to other countries, because there are no poor people in East L.A. or central Pennsylvania who lost 50 jobs per death, and now their small businesses, and whole communities, have been destroyed. Nope! No poor people here! Because Flyoverland aren’t “people”. Only people in NYC, where 2/3s of the deaths are, matter. (Thanks to purposefully shipping COVID patients back to nursing homes. Cuomo is more popular than ever after that! Presidential material!)

Riots Return to France’s No-Go Zones”

They’re not following social distancing rules! It’s almost like they’re not following arson, assault, robbery, weapons, and murder rules either! But I said! I told them to follow the law!

London’s Trains Packed with Commuters as PM Johnson Lifts ‘Stay Home’ Order”

As with mass transit everywhere. Good thinking! Upper Michigan can’t go 4-wheeling in 500 miles for forest, but Staten Island is packed into the R train. Rules for thee and not for me! Hey, you can lose your father’s floor tile business in Marquette but we wouldn’t want to stop Wall Street from packing the lobby, amirite? Gotta have priorities: each NYer is worth 1,000 Flyovers. Each Wells Fargo is worth 1,000 George Bailey’s Building and Loan. Do I exaggerate? Where did the money go just an hour ago? Seems like to Fargo, who committed 10 million felonies in just *one* case, with fake fraudulent accounts. They’re in business, George Bailey is out. And the bailout money came FROM Bailey and Mr. Martini. You get what you incentivize. Incentivize packed trains and 10 million felonies, following the 100 million felonies in MERS. D—n you George Bailey!!! When will you stop competing with me? Can’t you just give up and let the last few towns become Pottersville, where only strip clubs, drug dispensaries, and liquor stores are open, where nobody has a job but prostitutes?!? Wait: Mission Accomplished.

As Smith says: “The Fed’s fix is to lower the interest rate that banks and corporations pay to borrow money from the Fed while interest rates paid by the bottom 90% remain much higher.”

However, he also says this is a suicide pact that will break the system: “All the Fed can do is fuel a revolt of the bottom 90% against their parasitic masters, the Fed, and the class the Fed has enriched with their free money for financiers and stock buybacks. It’s not that hard to forecast a populist revolt against the parasitic class that’s grown obscenely wealthy as a direct result of Fed policies while millions lose their jobs…”
    “bailing out Wall Street is the Fed’s only plan and only super-power. It’s the only reason the Fed exists: the parasitic class would wither away without the Fed’s constant distortions of what was once known as “the free market.””

We don’t have a free market because then Potter would have to compete with Bailey. Because Potter is a mouth-breathing idiot son of an idiot son who went to Yale who loses money every year on every trade and requires bailouts to survive each week, we can’t have free markets, honest pricing, and real competition because he wouldn’t last 12 hours. That’s the whole point and reason to have power: to avoid the consequences of your own stupidity and irrational actions. That’s why the Fed exists and the SEC and CFTC have covered up every fraud and theft for 50 years. Remember Madoff had only one banker, whose board of directors oversaw every move. Everyone could see it and Harry Markopolis did. The SEC, CFTC, Fed, Geithner, IRS, DoJ, NY State Police and 50 state Attorney Generals covered it all up, right there in public on the front pages and every one of them is still employed. Except George Bailey and Mr. Martini’s Restaurant. Thanks to all the “help” they’ve been getting, Bedford Falls is closed and Potterville has prevailed.

It takes a government to make this happen.

But we have a solution: more Fed, more money, more government, more trust in authorities that lie and steal. But we told them not to! It’s almost like they’re breaking the law! The law nobody reads, follows or enforces. Worse than Paris rioters, and far more deadly.

Have we pulled the plug on this system back in October, just before the world’s best-timed virus? I guess we’ll all find out.

zerosum
    Participant

“It takes a government to make this happen.”

You are hiding the truth by omission.
    Say the word…. ENABLERS
    The enablers came out of universities. The enablers are accountant, lawyers and politicians.
    They are doing the bidding of the elites.
    ——-
    The education system is being changed as we speak.
    Applicants are getting accepted by all of the universities that they applied.
    Why? All the university are scrambling for rifraf bodies/Money to take care of their inflated expenses.

Rototillerman
    Participant

My uncle reports that the sanitizing tunnels were set up in their city (Merida, Yucatan) weeks ago. They are just out in the open, scattered around the city; I got the sense that no one was being forced to go through them, they were just set up and citizens were encouraged to use them. They are really fortunate to live in the best-run state in Mexico, Yucatan.

John Day
    Participant

In univariate analyses, zinc sulfate increased the frequency of patients being discharged home, and decreased the need for ventilation, admission to the ICU, and mortality or transfer to hospice for patients who were never admitted to the ICU. After adjusting for the time at which zinc sulfate was added to our protocol, an increased frequency of being discharged home (OR 1.53, 95% CI 1.12-2.09) reduction in mortality or transfer to hospice remained significant (OR 0.449, 95% CI 0.271-0.744). Conclusion: This study provides the first in vivo evidence that zinc sulfate in combination with hydroxychloroquine may play a role in therapeutic management for COVID-19.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20080036v1

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:

My daughter just finished her first year of business at Ryerson in Toronto.

She says studying on line sucks. She is planning on living at home and commuting.

I think I heard her say if everything is to be online then what is the point?

Somewhere I read that universities might see 20% less students in September.

Have you seen any such estimates?

WES
    Participant

John Day:

It seems like years ago you figured out these meds and got ready.

It would be nice if you have been Austin’s lonely Maytag repairman!

Tomorrow spring should finally arrive to stay in Toronto and I can finally plant some peas, beans, and lettuce!

zerosum
    Participant

WES

“My daughter just finished her first year of business at Ryerson in Toronto.
    Have you seen any such estimates?”

No. I think those numbers are secret.
    I’m completely lost on what to recommend for education prep for the future.
    ——-
    Here are some numbers that I’m seeing.
    $2,000 for those who qualify. (Don’t forget, check out if you can qualify)
    Mr. gas station had gas at 82.9, then within a week at 92.9, and today at $1.02.
    The gov. will also give millions in support to the energy industry
    Talk about double dip.
    The stores that are closed are straining at the bit to get some of that money.
    (restaurants, etc.)
    Don’t forget that $300.00 that they promised for seniors today.
    Do some number calculation so that you don’t end up losing.
    $2,000 minus taxes, (assume 20% taxable rate), means keep $400.00 to pay for taxes.
    I’m not hoodwinked, the money was given to people to spend on businesses that were going to go bankrupt. Save the businesses.
    ——
    Keep the border closed. We don’t need USA $ to make us sick. (Dr. Bonnie Henri agrees)

zerosum
    Participant

WES

“My daughter just finished her first year of business at Ryerson in Toronto.”
    If she listen to you, then she will be a straight A student.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Andrew Cuomo’s report that “66% of NYers got the virus in locked in their homes” is the crux of the problem America’s response to the Wuhan corornavirus and why I am going bonkers. There is no information on how this is possible.

Humans can only get infected by significant contact with the virus transferred to nose and eyes or by breathing the aerosol droplets of the viruses shed by other infected humans. It is possible also by contact with surfaces contaminated earlier; for example, elevator buttons or amazon packages with your hands and transferred to the nose and eyes. But this is speculation. Are gloves alone sufficient to mitigate the risk? All questions that the federal CDC should be gathering. But it is sidelined by the White House.

There is no universal testing to see who is shedding the virus or not. Yes, college students forced to return home could have infected their families. Did the patients go grocery shopping? Did home cleaners or repairman visit? Were their home deliveries contaminated? Did the apartments have central heating? Only contact tracing, gathering the data, review and scientific studies can find the answers. But the US federal government is not spending the money or directing programs to do the testing and contact tracing required for this.

There is no federal program to isolate the infected in safe secure facilities. The lockdown of Americans at home is not a public health quarantine program that has controlled the pandemic in other nations. It is mitigation that is not working in 20 states including Maryland where I live.

The 81,537 deaths are directly due to the White House failure to close all borders in the first week of February 2020 and the current lack of a functional public health system in the USA. More deaths are to come.

Huskynut
    Participant

This is a goodie: https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/13/covid19-a-case-for-medical-detectives/
    HCQ is very effective – except for the ones it’s specifically contraindicated for.

Remind me again how those Worldometer stats which entirely aggregate populations by country are in any way useful/meaningful?

Dr. D
    Participant

My thought on the tunnels was antiscience. They disinfect – seems a bit broad-brush at best – then get right back in the car filled with the virus. Good thinking! But it’s all about feels and crow’s foot magic talismans. Same day, baseball says they’ll open because they have drones to spray and disinfect the bleachers. Which are open the sun. That kills the virus in no time, for free. All for the feels, to sell the seats. #Antiscience. But no one notices, both because they’re entirely illogical and have no reason, but no doubt also because science has been saying utterly nonsensical things like this for decades without being called out and put in line by their own.

What I’m saying about a fake, fantasy-theatre lockdown. Which we’ve known from the first week. So…virus essentially is airborne, lives 9-days on surfaces, and lives in most hosts without symptoms. Masks cut I dunno, 80%, but you can see the videos on the vapor getting through, so you’ll get a viral load in 15 minutes of talking to someone instead of 5 minutes. Wow! Hospitals, where they use actual science, say because of this, the masks are good for maybe a half-hour until saturated and must be dried, sterilized, reset. Gloves do nothing and may even help as viruses live better on the surfaces. There is a long, deeply annoying, glove-wasting protocol to use gloves effectively at all. So what have we here? As the article, near-total antiscience, or at least non-science.

Given this, how did 66% of NYers get it? Because the virus follows science and not superstition, politics, and feels. You thought I was exaggerating, but they didn’t weld humans into their houses without food or contact for 40+ days. Those people, whether leaving the house or not, got food from somewhere. And that food came in cans, in chilled boxes of milk, stocked by a person touching thousands of things, carried to them by a person who touched hundreds of things, and that’s even if everyone was being careful as they claim. I can suppose 1/3 of the 2/3ds weren’t anywhere near as careful as they thought, removing their mask for a minute or whatever. So the virus was on everything. If you want to see, powder charcoal on your hands and see how it goes, where contacts are. A: Everywhere. Instantly.

Totally predictable with an airborne cold-grade virus. Which is why it was irrational and unscientific to begin with. If you’re going to do this, you need to sell it and do actually it. If you half do-it, or even 80% do it, you have total failure and get the worst of both worlds: no virus slowdown AND a totally destroyed economy, eliminated Bill of Rights, and a Totalitarian state that has legal precedent and Fascistically supports all insider big businesses, and utterly destroys the middle class and all competition of small businesses. Which we have. As was totally predictable from the first week, since we knew it was near-aerosol, as transmissible as the flu, 40 days without symptoms – if ever — and 9 days on surfaces.

So yes, I said it’s logical and obvious this wouldn’t work, and NY just proved it didn’t. And that’s without cheating, which everybody did. Then you have essentially no quarantine at all.

But not to fear! It was never dangerous to begin with! Despite media which lies with every waking breath, the curve has flattened everywhere naturally and automatically whether there was a fantasy fake lockdown or not. The U.S. was trailing because it’s absolutely enormous, has 3,000 rural counties, and takes a lot of time to get everywhere. But it’s flattening, exactly as predicted, although their measures did nothing but print money and hand it to billionaires, as predicted. The numbers are still 0.01%, especially excluding whatever outlier-strangeness was happening in NYC, maybe Cuomo pointedly sending Covid people back to nursing homes for maximum death, I don’t know.

But that’s it. It’s over. 0.01%. Panic! WeAllGonnaDie! GA has opened, no bounceback. SD never had one, despite the press. No outbreak, no bounceback. FL beaches packed: a week or two later, no bounceback.

Their “Helping” didn’t help but it did destroy a whole bunch of other things, and killed poor people while the rich took their money, as always. Stop helping! But nobody ever learns. We did it again, the 100th time in a row in my lifetime, and next time we’ll not have learned, believe the liars, and beg for it again. And you wonder why the rich get richer.

Apparently it’s voluntary. ‘Cause it’s just science. It followed science and not T.V. fantasies, because #Science is supposed to be #Reality, #Logos, but we are an #AntiLogos nations, where the only enemy is #Truth.

How dedicated are we to this? For the 3rd or 4th time, China locks down again, while simultaneously claiming they have zero cases. So you locked down because of the outbreak you didn’t have? Yup! Everyone posts their numbers on worldmeter above, cheers, and claims China won and we should be like them, with police roundups, concentration camps and all. No, you silly persons: they’re L Y I N G. Just like we are, the WHO and CDC are, the Media, Cuomo, and everybody else who writes words are. The only enemy is #Truth. They’re LYING. Please say that to ourselves until we all internalize it and develop immunity to this garbage, unscience criminal thieving lies.

John Day
    Participant

Thanks for the kind recognition, WES.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.