Debt Rattle May 16 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 16 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Alfred Wertheimer Elvis 1956   • What If Wall Street Is Waiting For The Wrong Disaster? (BI) • US Mortgage Rates Surge To Highest Level In 7 Year
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 16 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I remain in the position of struggling with the point of posting.
    Surely it changes nothing; affects nothing; effects nothing; except possibly our gracious host Ilargi; whom I whole heartedly support as best I can.
    It does give me a venue for commenting, which admittedly, provides some solace.
    Even though to no affect, I’ll carry on; like Don Quixote (zerosum) tilting at windmills.
    🙂

Dr. D
    Participant

I don’t know how they can call the Greek bailout “successful.” There are still a few Greeks left alive and a few assets not in Germany. I imagine they mean to remedy this oversight at the earliest opportunity.

The Guardian article is not only well-meant but quite smart. That is the intent and the reason (as usual) for re-defining words to steal and destroy as good lawyers do. Everything about it is insanity. “Capitalism” is ill-defined as the word is created by its arch-enemy Karl Marx, but making things and trading them is supposed to be PART of a system, one aspect of human society and behavior that includes morals, religions, families, time, history, savings, sense, planning, and a thousand other things. You don’t reduce my telling the truth or helping my children to dollar signs. You don’t distill the seas and the forests that we are a small, transitory part of down to dollar signs. –If anything, the greater ocean, forest, earth should put a dollar sign on small, mobile, disposable us. But the madness of the West, of unrestrained ego makes us think we are somehow important, influential, meaningful. “Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow” and the earth, the seas, the things we pretend in our ego to price, go on and on without us. Some societies knew this. Some did not go mad. But at this time and place we have gone utterly mad and there’s no one left to notice. The earth didn’t forget us though, she will persist and when we exhaust ourselves with madness and return to our rightful, tiny place, she will still be there waiting. But don’t look for it soon. They don’t even know they’re off the path, much less looking for the right one, which is so nearby, and so easy.

“In the middle of the journey of our life. I found myself astray in a dark wood. where the straight road had been lost sight of.” — Dante Alighieri 1308

V. Arnold
    Participant

“In the middle of the journey of our life. I found myself astray in a dark wood. where the straight road had been lost sight of.” — Dante Alighieri 1308

Indeed; thanks for that Dr D…

seychelles
    Participant

What’s taking so long?

The nouvelle Operation Gladio has moved on to jucier, higher-hanging fruit; the white middle class. An ice cube would not have sunk the Titanic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.