Debt Rattle May 24 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 24 2019

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

• Either You Are A Worthless Coward Or You Defend Assange (CJ) • Trump Orders FBI, CIA To “Fully Cooperate” With Barr (ZH) • Lone US Sen
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 24 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I had a hunch today would be Assange; how could it not?
    Like any sane human, I’m outraged; but what is to be done?
    Nothing done = 1984.
    What actually can be done?
    Surely money alone won’y be enough…

Dr. D
    Participant

“charged by the Trump administration’s Justice Department with 17 counts of violating the Espionage Act, carrying a maximum sentence of 175 years in prison.”

What? That can’t be. I was promised by every media outlet that he was just paranoid and placed himself in self-exile in the Embassy. Besides, don’t we have a 1st Amendment here? And no jurisdiction over citizens OF other countries, IN other countries? Yeah.

“complete authority to declassify”

Yawn. Wake me when they tell the truth.

“Wyden warned that using the draconian legislation to effectively punish Assange for journalistic work might have dangerous implications”

And if it all gets overturned in court for being hella-illegal, that would have other dangerous implications. For the unbridled the Statism everybody is so in love with.

“Today, they use the law as a sword, and have shown their willingness to bring the full power of the state against the very institution intended to shield us”

As warned and predicted by everyone since 1776. That’s why we have LIMITED government. As small and pushed to the local level as possible. You can’t have government tax everything, choose everything, order everything, give everything, fix everything, without this also becoming so. And once it’s so, they STOP giving out and creating order and live only for themselves at the expense of the people, and murder anyone who gets in the way. Yet they will still –STILL—want MORE government, MORE fixes, to fix the fix of the last power-grab. When does it end? After 100 years of losing the same pass play, will someone finally learn here?

“Amnesty International: Julian Assange “Not A Prisoner Of Conscience” (Wsws)”

As soon as these guys are set up, like the Sierra Club – or the NRA for that matter – they are burrowed into by moles, bought off, and co-opted. This cannot effectively be prevented so long as we can print $20 Trillion to hand out to the co-opters, and China can print $40T in 20 years to buy dead rhinos. Are you done with corruption yet? Can you decline and promote honesty again, honest men, honest money? Nope, because that requires a change of the HEART, a change that is a spiritual revival, one willing to die for. Ain’t nobody got time for that! I’m alright, Jack. So if you don’t want it, don’t complain about it. Don’t curse God and his envoys on earth, he’s giving you exactly what you desired. Corruption, money, violence, power-over.

“Theresa May Announces June 7 Resignation (G.)”

Yay! May also entirely destroyed the Conservative party! And to think that’s something even Cameron couldn’t do. Because illegal wars, human rights violations, setting up slave markets, and the murder of a million brown people? Meh. Embarrass and inconvenience us at home? How dare you! And these are the CONSERVATIVES. It took Tony Blair, a Liberal/Labour, to REALLY kill millions. Let that sink in. I pray they’re both scattered to the winds. P.S., the precious E.U. supported every one of them, and the death of Greece to boot.

Hey, I’ve got an idea! A new party will save us! We’ll just give it even MORE power and LESS oversight. That’s the ticket.

Dr. D
    Participant

Planting delayed throughout the midwest into June, and still raining in CA over the Oroville dam. No end in sight.

No food for you!

zerosum
    Participant

I’m trying to get a better understanding of why things are different now compared to the time of the opposition to the Vietnam war.

Why!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_to_United_States_involvement_in_the_Vietnam_War

Opposition to the war arose during a time of unprecedented student activism, which followed the free speech movement and the Civil Rights Movement. The military draft mobilized the baby boomers, who were most at risk, but it grew to include a varied cross-section of Americans. The growing opposition to the Vietnam War was partly attributed to greater access to uncensored information through extensive television coverage on the ground in Vietnam.

By the middle of the decade, open condemnation of the war became more common, with figures like Malcolm X and Bob Moses speaking out.[24] Champion boxer Muhammad Ali risked his career and a prison sentence to resist the draft in 1966. Soon Martin Luther King, Jr., Coretta Scott King and James Bevel of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) became prominent opponents of the Vietnam War, and the Black Panther Party vehemently opposed U.S. involvement in Vietnam.[25]

The baby boomers did a lot more.
    Now, the baby boomers are in their second childhood needing care from the next generation.
    Who picked up the torch?

Today …. Manning, Assange and social media.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/23/chelsea-manning-director-shes-a-kind-of-punk-rock-figure-for-me

It was May 2017 and she had just served nearly seven years of a 35-year sentence for disclosing 750,000 classified documents to Julian Assange’s WikiLeaks.

Today …. Why are the military leaders having so much succeess againt the peace movements?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/19/tulsi_gabbard_i_dont_buy_report_that_iran_wants_to_strike_us_forces_trump_looking_for_pretext_for_war.html
    GABBARD:
    I think what we’re seeing, unfortunately, is what looks a lot like people in the Trump administration trying to create a pretext or an excuse for us to go to war against Iran, a war that would actually undermine our national security, cost us countless American lives, cost civilian lives across the region, exacerbate the refugee crisis in Europe, and it would actually make us less safe by strengthening terrorist groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

zerosum
    Participant

Garden crop will be reduced.
    Rabbits eating my romano beans sprouts
    Aphids infestation on my fava beans

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Dr. D — “that requires a change of the HEART, a change that is a spiritual revival, one willing to die for.”

Aye, and not only “one willing to die for” but one willing to LIVE for, every remaining day of one’s life.

marc.zocher
    Participant

If telling the truth is a criminal act, who in fact then, is the criminal?

V. Arnold
    Participant

‘Everyone else must take my place’: Assange in letter from British prison

There’s one answer to my question; now, just how do we accomplish that end?
    Ilargis’ TAE is a damn good start, yes?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.