Debt Rattle May 29 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 29 2016

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Matt Black/Magnum Photos USA. El Paso, Texas. 2015 • Iceland Puts Freeze on Foreign Investors (WSJ) • Japan’s Abe To Delay Sales Tax Hike Until 2019 (
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 29 2016]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Iceland, apparently, still has people who understand finances.
    Note; I didn’t say eCONomics; which is a CON.
    Icelanders learned a hard lesson and they came out better, than any other country, which followed the criminal organization, the IMF. Icelanders gave a strong FU to bullshit eCONomics; emphasis on the Con…
    Michael Hudson says anybody formally educated in economics is an idiot (my words).

Greenpa
    Participant

“And Greece has no way of dealing with it.”

No one on the planet has any way of dealing with it. We really need to recognize that fact first, before there is any chance to find some humane way forward. The “modern world” has never had to deal with any such movement of entire populations. Ancient population moves have universally resulted in the deaths of many/most of the humans involved – until the pressure was sufficiently alleviated.

We have no experience; no resources, no governing entities with any effective ability to direct responses. Our current “responses” are best understood metaphorically as the work of a child who builds a pretty sandcastle on a beach. The child is amazed and hurt when the next morning there is no sign of the sandcastle. Tides and the perversity of drunken teenagers at 2 AM remain outside the child’s universe; so another sandcastle is built. With identical results.

It’s grim, and will get grimmer. As with many of our species’ problems – we are now entering entirely new territory.

Greenpa
    Participant

Shortly after writing the above, I tripped on this from the “Editorial Board” of the NYT, manifestly a quasi-camouflaged instrument of the Owners:

Summary: “We shake our finger at you.”

Suggestions for action: None. Well, apart from “You guys should, like, do something.”

Personally, I do not see it as “the rich nations turn their backs”, but rather as “All governmental bodies are currently paralyzed, at all levels.” Somewhat ironically, this paralysis is largely the result of active manipulations by the Owners to make them so; for the benefit of the Owners.

Do we have a fix for that? We do not. Default to: Darwin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.