Debt Rattle May 4 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 4 2015

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alfred Palmer Conversion. Beverage containers to aviation oxygen cylinders 1942 • When What Comes Down Doesn’t Go Up (Economist) • When Will Apple Sto
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 4 2015]

John Day
    Participant

Hi Ilargi,
    Recall the story from January, where a female Greek physician was working secretly as a prostitute to make ends meet?
    It got a lot of attention, and I think you put it up, too.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30914039
    The Greek medical system is breaking. Nobody is paying doctors and nobody is getting taken care of unless they get shot in the liver or something.
    This medical society couldn’t afford a decent public relations firm, and presented their case in such a way as to fall on their own swords, where they now squirm, impaled…
    Sad.
    I have worked very hard for very little in 1992 -1994, as a small town country doctor, sometimes the only doctor at the only hospital in Caldwell County Texas, doing ER, OB, inpatient and outpatient 24:7. It was the hardest I ever worked, and the least I ever earned, but I think it’s worse in Greece. I just fulfilled my contract and learned an important lesson, and went and did a Family Practice OB fellowship, which paid more and was less work.
    Since then I have still worked in public health, but gotten paid pretty good money to take care of poor people. I don’t expect it to last, but I’m grateful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.