Debt Rattle May 4 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 4 2020

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Underwood&Underwood Chicago framed by Gothic stonework high in the Tribune Tower 1952   • ‘Biggest Failure In A Generation’: Where Did Britai
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 4 2020]

₿oogaloo
    Participant

“a significant amount of evidence” that the new coronavirus emerged from a Chinese laboratory

This coming from the same people who said that the Russians hacked the elections, that the White Helmets are the good guys, and that Iraq had WMD in Iraq. I have no idea whether the virus came from a US lab, a Chinese lab, or from nature. But I can say this: I will not believe a word of any story on this subject if it comes from US “intelligence sources.” Whatever they say, I will believe the opposite until I see it corroborated with real evidence. This is not to exonerate the Chinese, who I also presume to be lying, but US sources have lost credibility just as much as the Chinese have.

oxymoron
    Participant

I’m with you Boogaloo but when Australia recently requested in independent and international inquiry to get to the origins of the virus to be better prepared next time the Chinese ambassador said we were just America’s bitches. Like should just be ‘cool’ to have the economy ground to a halt and none of allowed or able to take our kids to the park or school or go out to eat or play music with other people or any normal act of social living! Oh yeah – of course it was the American’s who gave us – no told us the idea of finding out what the actual hell is going on. China going full-tilt bully on us now. Chief Editor of state-run newspaper says Australia is the gum on the sole of China’s foot and needs to be scraped off. Shit is getting ugly now.

John Day
    Participant

@Boogaloo
    I answered your question on yesterday’s thread.
    Off to get my antibody test drawn.

zerosum
    Participant

WHY?

Why tell the truth?
    Because it hurts.

Why tell a lie?
    Because it helps?

Why make an exaggeration?
    For money?

Why is USA #1?

(I’m not allowed to say anything bad. Therefore, I’m not allowed to speak)

₿oogaloo
    Participant

@John Day,

Thanks for your reply. That makes a lot of sense. I still have the chloroquine phosphate for aquarium that I bought off eBay in February sitting next to our aquarium. Hopefully it stays there for a long time, especially if there is a better option out there.

@Ilargi

For while TAE was giving periodic updates on monetary velocity. I do not recall seeing one recently, but I have been following the quarterly data for a long time. Most recent data just went off a cliff:
    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

@zerosum

I read and reread your reply, but I am not sure I follow your thought. I see the Chinese as being a bit amateurish and unsophisticated in using English language propaganda on an international platform, so I expect a lot of mis-steps. But US propaganda is so crappy I don’t think it will take long for them to catch up. I figure they will quickly learn that the “gum on the shoe” comment was a mistake.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Greek economy going down due to success of lockdown – there you go — a win! You can’t have everything – it’s all about deciding what matters -staying safe or having money to buy food. Just make a decision. Quick.

kimyo99
    Participant

Coronavirus US live: Cuomo says ‘government essential to human life’

later that same day: Andrew Cuomo Uses Budget To Cut Medicaid, Settle Political Scores

The plan for Medicaid cuts includes $400 million in reduced payments to hospitals, tighter eligibility for certain long-term care benefits and a massive shift in costs to the state’s county governments, the financial strength of which varies greatly.

the governmental response to the pandemic keeps reminding me to the o’henry stories shoes and ships.

“Political economy isn’t your strong point,” said the consul, impudently. “You can’t create a demand. But you can create a necessity for a demand. That’s what I am going to do.”

(covid19 = cockle burrs. remdesivir/health passports/lockdowns/government being ‘essential’ = shoes)

kimyo99
    Participant

First Covid-19 case in France could have been as early as December, new evidence suggests

Professor Yves Cohen from the Avicenne Hospital in Bobigny said in an interview with local media that it appears that Covid-19 was already in France at the end of 2019 – rather than in January-February 2020 – as had previously been thought. A decision was made to retest 24 samples of blood from patients who were admitted in December with respiratory infections but had tested negative for the flu. Out of the 24 samples retested, one male patient came back positive for Covid-19.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Only the United States has suffered more deaths than Italy and Britain.”

OMG, why??? The U.S. has 10x the population and 32x the area. This is like comparing Britain and the Isle of Wight.

P.S. half the deaths are in only one city. If someone has a disease, don’t we usually put the sick person in the hospital and not the rest of the town? Works better that way.

Yaneer Bar-Yam has lost his mind as much as Taleb. So…generally no symptoms for 5 days. May not get tested for some time after that. So…you want to do contact tracing on every person you were near for a week? The idea you could remember or know their names is a fantasy. So…you’re creating the ILLUSION of tracing, while a number of contacts go untraced? Gotcha. Lies, illusions, and fantasies of control are what we live for.
    I’ve got an idea: shut down the subway. Nope! Cruise ships? Nope! Nursing homes? Nope! Health care workers are the main contaminants, 20%. What does that say about your full-body safety measures?

“DOJ Intervenes for Church in Virginia Restrictions Challenge (Solomon)”

In the American Revolution, 6,000 men died in the war, but 10,000 of disease. Epidemics were common and deadly. That’s why they wrote “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances…except if someone gets sick somewhere.

By the way, to target a group and remove their Constitutional rights is a very grave crime indeed. It can serve many years or even a life sentence. Especially if someone gets killed because of your illegal, unconstitutional actions.

Also, didn’t want to be pedantic until now, but it’s not a “Quarantine”. ” Quarantine: a period, originally 40 days, of detention or isolation imposed upon ships, persons, animals, or plants on arrival at a port or place, when suspected of carrying some infectious or contagious disease.” We put the SHIP in the quarantine, not the CITY. We put the sick PERSON into quarantine, not the NATION. The opposite thing you’ve confused it with is called “Martial Law”, “House arrest” or “Prison”. Without arrest, trail, conviction, or adjudication. It’s a crime.

But it doesn’t matter now. Like I said: these guys can’t even get people not to do drugs and shoot each other, but they think they can have unlimited martial law and house arrest worldwide forever. Hahahahahaha! Well, after being cooperative for a while, when the America found the rate was 20k / 320M = 0.006% death rate outside NYC, the people coast to coast have stopped caring. No one’s obeying nothing. DGAF. They threw a policeman into a lake who tried to make them. (He had no mask, as always.) So the people are feeling pretty cheerful and good-natured about it right now. Try to keep it that way.

You passed a rule? Cool story bro. Don’t care. Make me. Huntington Beach shows how you can’t arrest them all. But they are! They are arresting mask violators while violent criminals are being released to commit more violent crimes, often being arrested multiple times a day, knowing the police and state no longer stop violence, only Covid fantasies.

Stole $9,000 from a Publix? Violent rapist with restraining order? You’re free to go! Went to the park with your quaranteam? How dare you!

“We will shut you down, we will cite you, and if we need to, we will arrest you and we will take you to jail.” –Chicago mayor Lightfoot, just back from her latest mask-free trip to the nail salon.

Hahahahahahaha! Says a mayor of the city where more people shoot each other each year than have died of Covid! And has almost all my life although guns are illegal there! You’re a stitch! Your joke so funny!

You die alone from COVID. And you will be buried alone. Stay home.”

Weird there’s no doctors and nurses there. Somebody should call the hospital and ask some questions. And do we usually bury people together? Cool language for the Fe-Fe’s though. Very Science-free, like the rest of this media s–t-blizzard.

“If you are lucky enough to make it off a ventilator”

You would be lucky to make it off the ventilator since we have discovered they’re the wrong medicine and are probably killing people. Who is this reporter? Anything like the last 5 fake nurses who went viral?

The WHO, AKA “He-who-must-be-obeyed”, has killed quite a number of people, a few thousand perhaps? With the clever advice, “The systematic failure of critical care systems to adopt corticosteroid therapy resulted from the published recommendations against corticosteroids use by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the American Thoracic Society (ATS) amongst others. “

“It is our collective opinion that the historically high levels of morbidity and mortality from COVID-19 is due to a single factor: the widespread and inappropriate reluctance amongst intensivists to employ anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant treatments, including corticosteroid therapy early in the course of a patient’s hospitalization. It is essential to recognize that it is not the virus that is killing the patient, rather it is the patient’s overactive immune system. The flames of the “cytokine fire” are out of control and need to be extinguished.”
    https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Thanks WHO! Did China put you up to murdering those thousands of white guys? Probably not. You probably did it on your own, like all of Africa and the 500,000 maimed polio children in India.

Coronavirus US live: Cuomo says ‘government essential to human life’

So…no economy, no jobs, no money. …But the government is still collection 100% taxes and has 100% employment and pay! That’s the way to share! None for thee and all for me! Quick, I gotta get to the gym because the one in Gracie Mansion Just. Isn’t. Large. Enough. Well, he can meet up with the mayor of Chicago and the Illinois governor’s wife jet-setting around mask-free.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Boogaloo, here’s some additional information about Hydroxychloroquine vs. Chloroquine.
    This journal article recommends HCQ (hydroxychloroquine) instead of CQ (chloroquine), for reasons including fewer side effects and safety during pregnancy.

COVID-19: a recommendation to examine the effect of hydroxychloroquine in preventing infection and progression
    Dan Zhou, Sheng-Ming Dai, Qiang Tong
    Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Published: 20 March 2020
    https://academic.oup.com/jac/advance-article/doi/10.1093/jac/dkaa114/5810487

Gastrointestinal responses, such as vomiting and diarrhoea, are the most common adverse effects of these two drugs. Patients with long-term exposure to CQ suffer from severe side effects, such as retinopathy, circular defects (or bull’s eye maculopathy), diametric defects in the retina and cardiomyopathy. Elderly patients and usage beyond dosage limits are also associated with toxicities of CQ therapy. In contrast, HCQ has a lower level of tissue accumulation, which may explain the fact that it is associated with fewer adverse events than CQ, but still potentially influences the prevention and treatment of malaria to a similar level. Indeed, only high-dose and long-term (over 5 years) intake of HCQ is likely to contribute to the development of retinopathy, which is in agreement with the current preference of HCQ use in therapy. While CQ exerts a number of severe side effects on fetal development, HCQ is strongly recommended for pregnant patients with an autoimmune disease as it prevents the development of congenital heart block due to a potential inhibitory effect of type I interferon production. The outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 has placed many pregnant women at high risk of infection (several infected cases have been reported); HCQ, rather than CQ, should be considered as a potential therapeutic solution for these patients, given its safety profile in pregnancy. More importantly, the maximum tolerable dose for HCQ is 1200 mg, which has an antiviral effect equivalent to 750 mg CQ (for which the maximum tolerable dose is 500 mg). This indicates that HCQ can be administered at a higher dosage and may therefore achieve a more powerful antiviral effect.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

@ Boogaloo

Only the hopelessly deluded have been unable to see the pattern by now.

OK, Pompeo, show us this “evidence”. Where did it come from? Who were the sources? Otherwise, STFU!

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule: I don’t believe anything the government tells me. Nothing. Zero.” – George Carlin

anticlimactic
    Participant

WUHAN

The virus started in a lab in Wuhan. There is even an SF book exactly describing that scenario. What more proof do you need?

However…

– A Cambridge team has tracked previous cases of the virus to southern China in September.
    – In the US during the last flu season many elderly died of pneumonia where the doctors were at a loss as to explaining how they caught it. In retrospect it seems very possible it was COVID-19
    – There were outbreaks in South Korea and Japan which could not possibly have come from China, but could have come from the US
    – There appear to be cases in several European countries which appeared last December and before

Certainly not a slam/dunk for the lab in Wuhan, but it is now about politics, so reality and rationality are forfeit.

There is also the battle of the strains!

One friend [Guardian reader] says there is only one strain globally. Another friend says there are 31!

I have read one article which claims the variations of the virus are minimal, a difference in one or two base pairs, so there is in effect a single strain.

Another article suggested the virus in Wuhan and Italy are so different the Italian virus could not have evolved from the Wuhan strain, and that they must both have evolved from an earlier strain.

There is a database containing the genomes of the various strains so the truth should already be known, but politics…

If there is a single strain then a vaccine seems a plausible idea. If the virus has mutated into very different strains then a vaccine would only work against a limited number of strains.

zerosum
    Participant

Lies, illusions, and fantasies

I am verifying ….. the truth will be revealed …. it will take time …..

sprouting in 7 days ….. bountiful crop in 65 days

Everything else is …… diversion

A website called coronacircus has a fascinating article from 3 may 2020. It’s about a possible cofactor: TB. It’s a quick read; it’s got links, and the site’s many posts contain a bundle of interesting stuff.

Bill7
    Participant

Odd that nothing is posted here at TAE that *does not* support the CorporateStream COVID-19 narrative..
    There’s plenty around, for anyone who’s interested; just not here.

Dr. D: I hear you, big-time.

-Bill7

WES
    Participant

Bill7:

Maybe I just got out of bed on the wrong side today but I can’t seem to wrap my mind around your “double negative” worded statement (nothing/does not) of:

“Odd that nothing is posted here on TAE that “does not” support the CorporateStream Covid-19 narrative”

At first blush, the two negatives cancel each other out, so you seem to be saying everything on TAE supports the CorporateStream narrative.

However, if I remove the second negative word, reading it as:

“Odd that nothing is posted here on TAE that “does” support the CorporateStream Covid-19 narrative”

then the meaning seems pretty clear.

However if I remove the first negative word and change the signular “is” for plural “are”, it reads as:

“Odd that thing(s) (are) posted here on TAE that “does not” support the CorporateStream Covid-19 narrative

then the meaning is somewhat clearer.

Can you please enlighten me as to whether you think TAE supports or opposes the CorporateStream Covid-19 narrative?

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:

Did you just plant some seeds in your garden? Pea or beans? If so, I envy you!

Here in Toronto, we are about to be hit with a polar vortex this Friday through Monday with below freezing temperatures at night so I have to hold off planting outside once again.

Bill7
    Participant

Wes: Apologies if my comment lacked clarity.

>Can you please enlighten me as to whether you think TAE supports or opposes the CorporateStream Covid-19 narrative?

Supports, in my view: links to countervailing opinions on COVID-19 are found here only in the comments section, AFAICS, as with the recent NYT piece that pointed out that virtually everyone hospitalized in that epicenter of
    the coronavirus has co-morbidities, and most of them multiple co-morbidities. And that was a *mainstream* source.. there are many others.

-Bill7

WES
    Participant

FBI – You are just looking at them the wrong way!

Wray was approved as director of the FBI by the Senate Justice Committee and Senate Intelligence Committee because he would hide the crimes committed by the Senators sitting on these same committees.

I don’t think I can say it any clearer!

Wray has been a resounding success at hiding the crimes of the Senate criminals!

Bill7
    Participant

Why are stories like this virtually never found here?

NYT: ‘Nearly All Patients Hospitalized With Covid-19 Had Chronic Health Issues, Study Finds'”

“Only 6 percent of patients at one New York area health system had no chronic conditions. Hypertension, obesity and diabetes were common..”

Bill7
    Participant

Trying again with the link:

zerosum
    Participant

“Did you just plant some seeds in your garden? Pea or beans? ”

Yes, 4-6 variety of beans and peas, carrots, radish, rutabaga, garlic, oinions, warmer crop, to be transplanted later, (tomatoes etc.)

This is the advantage of the west coast.
    🙂

WES
    Participant

Bill7:

Thanks for the reply! Now I can go to bed clear of mind tonight!

Actually you should take more note of Raul’s brief comment before each article! Some are priceless!

Raul often includes some of these CorporateStream Covid-19 narratives just so we can see what these guys are up to! Their conflicts of interests!

Example: Remdesivar drug being pushed in US because they want to make money not help victims! Remdesivar is likely worthless! Remdesivar does nothing to reduce death rate! It does do a good job of safely separating it’s victims from their money!

That is why you don’t see very many comments for big drugs!

Also why you don’t see us railing against Raul either!

Raul is only guilty of pointing out the obvious!

WES
    Participant

Bill7:

Actually stories like this were posted months ago here at TAE! It is kind of old news!

We have known earlier than most, thanks to Raul, that many of the people who have died had other chronic illnesses! Italy for example.

Sadly, up here in Toronto, the Covid-19 has been visiting all of the nursing homes with deadly results. I think in Ontario 79% of deaths have been in nursing homes.

WES
    Participant

Maxwell:

Yes, Pomp”ass” is a serial repeat offender!

Another serial offender is Senator Miss Lindsey Graham! He is going to investigate everything but as soon as the TV camera is turned off, he does nothing!

These people specialize is creating confusion!

Doc Robinson
    Participant

NYT: ‘Nearly All Patients Hospitalized With Covid-19 Had Chronic Health Issues, Study Finds’

Yes, that’s an interesting study. The most common comorbidities were hypertension (56.6%), obesity (41.7%), and diabetes (33.8%)…

Yet, to put these numbers into perspective, they should be compared to the prevalence of these conditions in the general population of the US.

The leading comorbidity is hypertension, affecting 56.6% of the patients. For the overall adult population of the US, the prevalence of hypertension (high blood pressure) is estimated to be about 45% [HHS]. Not a huge difference in those numbers.

Next up is obesity, affecting 41.7% of the patients. For comparison, what percentage of the US population is obese? “The prevalence of obesity was 42.4% in 2017~2018″ [CDC data]. So it’s about the same percentage.

Next up is diabetes, affecting 33.8% of the patients. Among the US population overall, 10.5% of the population is estimated to have diabetes [CDC, 2018]. So diabetes appears to be a more significant risk factor for being hospitalized with a COVID-19 infection.

More to the point, how does this data actually support the “anti-lockdown” position? It somehow doesn’t matter as much if people afflicted with diabetes or asthma, for example, get sick and die from the coronavirus?

Doc Robinson
    Participant

By the way, I saw a list of “comorbidities” for COVID-19 patients, and the list included conditions such as a history of migraine headaches, having a skin cancer lesion removed in the past, and others which don’t seem very relevant to the viral infection.

Bill7
    Participant

[Wes said to] Bill7:

>Actually stories like this were posted months ago here at TAE! It is kind of old news!

I don’t see current, well-sourced stories in NYT *about the situation in NYC*, shedding further light on the well-muddled present, as being “old news”, myself.

-Bill7

Bill7
    Participant

[Doc Robinson said]

>By the way, I saw a list of “comorbidities” for COVID-19 patients [..]

Happen to have a link?

-Bill7

“Objective: To determine if latent or active TB increase susceptibility to SARS-CoV-19 infection and disease severity, and lead to more rapid developement of COVID-19 pneumonia.”

“These findings, although preliminary, point to the need to assess whether MTB [mycobacterium tuberculosis] infection is a risk factor COVID-19 and whether a causal relationship exists.”

From the website coronacircus.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Bill7, here’s a listing of underlying health conditions and other recognized risk factors for Covid-19 patients, which the CDC posted last month:

Diabetes mellitus.
    Chronic lung disease, including
    asthma
    chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
    emphysema.
    Cardiovascular disease.
    Immunocompromised condition.
    Chronic renal disease.
    Pregnancy.
    Neurologic disorder, neurodevelopmental, intellectual disability, including
    dementia, memory loss, or Alzheimer’s disease
    seizure disorder
    Parkinson’s disease
    migraine/headache
    stroke
    autism
    aneurysm
    multiple sclerosis
    neuropathy
    hereditary spastic paraplegia
    myasthenia gravis
    intracranial hemorrhage
    altered mental status.
    Chronic liver disease.
    Other chronic disease, including
    hypertension
    thyroid disease
    gastrointestinal disorder
    hyperlipidemia
    cancer or history of cancer
    rheumatologic disorder
    hematologic disorder
    obesity
    arthritis, nonrheumatoid
    musculoskeletal disorder other than arthritis
    mental health condition
    urologic disorder
    cerebrovascular disease
    obstructive sleep apnea
    fibromyalgia
    gynecologic disorder
    embolism, pulmonary or venous
    ophthalmic disorder
    hypertriglyceridemia
    endocrine
    substance abuse disorder
    dermatologic disorder
    genetic disorder.
    Former smoker.
    Current smoker.

Preliminary Estimates of the Prevalence of Selected Underlying Health Conditions Among Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 — United States, February 12–March 28, 2020
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6913e2.htm

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Thanks Doc Robinson for the additional link on chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.

On the issue of whether this came from a lab, Chris Martenson today went through the analysis of this excellent Medium post by Yuri Deigin:

https://medium.com/@yurideigin/lab-made-cov2-genealogy-through-the-lens-of-gain-of-function-research-f96dd7413748

So it seems that this likely did come from a lab, probably Wuhan, where the lab research was funded by US research money, and the critical inserted sequences were first identified and developed in the US. It seems that the US virologists who were keen on researching “gain of function” techniques to make viruses more lethal and communicable are now trying to make sure journalists stop asking questions about what they were up to for the last 15 years.

Bill, I can make this easier: you will not find any links to the NYT here.

And Doc, your list of risk factors makes clear why articles on co-morbidities have little value anymore. You can summarize them all in one big risk: being alive.

V. Arnold
    Participant

And Doc, your list of risk factors makes clear why articles on co-morbidities have little value anymore. You can summarize them all in one big risk: being alive

Bingo!!!!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.