Debt Rattle November 14 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 14 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Still life 1917   • Britiain, EU Agree on Brexit Plan (G.) • France and Facebook Announce Partnership Against Online Hate Speech (P
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 14 2018]

Dr. D
    Participant

The leader of one political party seeks to decide with Silicon Valley, what constitutes hate speech.”

And this isn’t even fascism, because that would be a partnership of corporations and governments. This makes corporations the senior partner, working to erase government and national sovereignty altogether. But Macron has already said he would do that, and go down proudly in history as the last existing leader of France as he gives away the nation to Germany and the blood of French soldiers to Brussels. Then his interior minister predicts civil war, plausibly ethic due to bad former decisions. As planned. …And they wonder why LePen is gaining.

Of course it’s crazy, of course it’s a conspiracy theory to say they want to erase nations, erase the United States altogether in lieu of a one-world government. Except that half the nation right now wants no borders at all, and to disband ICE, that is to say, no check points, no procedures, no rules, and no policemen. They celebrated their intent with the chant, “No borders! No walls! No U.S.A. at all!” the other night at Tucker Carlson’s house. But I’m sure I’ve misread their intent and it’s all a big misunderstanding. I’m simple that way.

Of course if I return the favor and walk into Mexico, Honduras, or Italy, I’ll be arrested and imprisoned on sight for having no passport or visa. Because, justice, ya know? And believe me, from where I am, to have a permanent subsidized holiday in Positano or Acapulco with free health care looks the way a Jean Val-Jean would look at living in the Louvre.

But Go Macron! (I mean, really: Go.) Every word out of his mouth proves who he is, and with every word they like him less and less. And so fast! So keep it up mon ami. Go ahead and place Facebook over French sovereignty and law and see what happens.

“Angela Merkel has called for the creation of a “real, true” European army…”

But, but, I thought that was a crazy conspiracy! Since Facebook is their senior to France and Germany now, is that really Facebook’s army, to be used against nations? Why not? How strange is it when they already used the Europe’s forces against Greece on behalf of DeutscheBank?

Watching coverage of Theresa May and her attempts to sell the Brexit ‘deal’ to parliament. wondering if there’s anyone who doesn’t expect her to straddle a broomstick and fly off at any moment. As I said above, there’s nothing in that deal other than pushing stuff forward for years, but meanwhile she insists the UK must leave the EU on March 29 2019. And it’s not about convincing or satisfying one group or party, she has to get on board the Brexiteers, remainers, Labour, the DUP, her parliament and 27 separate other parliaments in EU countries. There is no solution to this.

Also, couldn’t find a good article on Italy this morning, but they have indeed refused to adapt their budget, and are setting up for a very big fight with the rest of Europe. If there are fines issued by Brussels, Rome is not going to pay them.

Europe’s foundations are shaking and crumbling. While Merkel is stepping down, as is Juncker, and Macron with his 23% domestic approval rating tries to maneuver himself into the power vacuum, something that’s entirely anathema to lots of Europeans.

Where is the pound sterling heading going forward, and the euro? Why would anyone buy them? Well, other than Draghi, that is?!

Glennda
    Participant

I’m a regular reader and fan of yours, Ilargi, but demonizing Theresa May with a sexist stereotype really is NOT okay.

“wondering if there’s anyone who doesn’t expect her to straddle a broomstick and fly off at any moment.”

Please, remember that in the US, demonizing left progressives and communists with a witch hunt ruined many lives and was a neo-fascist tool. Please, don’t use racist or ageist or sexist stereotypes to demonize your ideological enemies. You can do better than that.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Frankly, I would hate to see this site become a PC safe haven for snowflakes.
    Hell, just being alive is offensive to some one, something, somewhere.
    The PC movement in the U.S. is destroying the very fabric of the society, IMO.
    Freedom is a word no longer recognised or understood.

“I wholly disapprove of what you say—and will defend to the death your right to say it.”

That still works for this one…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.