Debt Rattle November 20 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 20 2016

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Wynand Stanley Cadillac touring car at Yosemite in snow 1919 • Peak & Decline of International Reserves: Massive Asset Deflation Ahead (SRSR) • “Devel
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 20 2016]

seychelles
    Participant

So for him to say it’s impossible to pardon someone who hasn’t gone before the court is simply, factually, historically wrong.
    Seems like we will see Obama contradict himself..yet again…on this issue between now and January 20. Or maybe we will see Hillary on the pillory.

Hard Brexit…nasty vandalistic riots against election of Trump by the agents of inclusiveness (how those folks between the Nile and the Euphrates love NOT multiculturalism, except for “others”)…saddling Greece with yet more suffocating
    ultimately unpayable debt…the Zioglobalists do not ever accept “no”, which is a fundamental aspect of their underlying philosophy of hubristic totalitarianism. This will not have a pleasant denouement. They asked for it.

Glennda
    Participant

Peak and Decline – says it all. Without growth our capitalist system will decline. But TPTB won’t; they will fight to the last gasp of gas. My personal concern is that with all the squandering of fossil fuels, we won’t have enough for a graceful landing. Too many will suffer. The end of Growth in resources is the sea change/rising tide sweeping the political world as well.

I always like to hear what Beppe Grillo has to say. He seems to say that a left-right coalition makes sense in Italy. (Note to self: follow his blog.)

In my reading of web blogs and articles I’ve been searching for a vision of what Trump’s election will mean. I’m not so interested in Trump, but in his voters. (He likely will be every bit as bad with his advisers as many of us think.)

But what of his voters? I think we are meeting discontent on both left and right. Bernie lost to HIllary’s machine, but Trump won. What if it had been Bernie vs Trump? Bernie might have been able to take that disaffection towards social programs that all, both left and right, want.

Someone on an elist I’m on posted this article link. I echo her comment. It’s TOP vs BOTTOM.
    Naturally many people on the lists this was posted on disagreed. But it’s thought provoking, especially in light of Beppe Grillo’s coalition.

“I really like her elegant framing – me need to make it our MEME!
    I believe she’s right on about most of the people who voted for Trump, although I’m far less optimistic as her in her assessment of Trump himself.”

It’s Not Left/Right, It’s Top/Bottom, And Americans Are Being Played
    by Caitlin Johnstone
    https://www.newslogue.com/debate/109/Caitlin%20Johnstone

Here is another approach to this Top vs Bottom view.

Welcome to the Brave New (Trumpolitical/Trumponomic) World
    by Pepe Escobar
    Welcome to the Brave New (Trumpolitical/Trumponomic) World

Pepe’s closing comment: “In a Gramsci sense, the old order has completely collapsed, but the new order has not yet been born. It might be a new order based on the BRICS – mostly Russia, India and China. The progressive Left must find the conceptual road map to be part of it – and influence it.”

This is the challenge.

rapier
    Participant

Pepe’s ‘ old order collapse’ is worth consideration but that has to include the old left/right continuum. The ‘left’ collapsed long ago and sold itself out to perpetual growth and retreated into identity politics, or such. My instinct says there is only corporatism and ?, I don’t know. Whatever it is it is going to be authoritarian here in the US. Lite, at first, I hope.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.