Debt Rattle November 24 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 24 2018

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Joseph Mallord William Turner The Sun Rising over Water 1825-30   • Britain’s Opposition Labour Party Plots Overthrow Of Capitalism (R.) • This S
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 24 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Joseph Mallord William Turner The Sun Rising over Water 1825-30
    What an amazing painting.
    At first glance it seems muddled and vague.
    But upon closer viewing the details emerge in their subtlety.
    I have long been fascinated by the play of sun and the sea; I have had the honor to see the green flash. You’ll need to look that up; it defies description, at least for this one.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I would add only this; when one sees the green flash, there is no possible doubt about what one has seen; none whatsoever…

Dr. D
    Participant

Ain’t it funny how Democrats used to love Assange?

…But don’t get me started on the GOP hating him when he was after the Iraq war. Everybody’s motto is “My side right or wrong.” And do you add “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind,” or “If we don’t hang together, gentlemen, we will most assuredly hang separately.”

Perhaps this is more appropriate: “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” –John Adams. As nearly everyone in the nation, to say nothing of the world, hates the truth with burning fervor, and hates everyone but men with slavishly identical opinions nearly as much, the Truth, the Light, Logic, the Logos, is therefore the common enemy of all men. And thus, #StarkRavingMadness, even when it clearly will destroy even ourselves, in the media, in ordinary jobs, in that infinitely-narrowing island of RightThink and RightSpeech, which you are only permitted to occupy if you are a member of RightGroup. #NationalSuicide for we hate ourselves, in ourselves as well as the Other, and would kill ourselves, or the Other, or anyone at all. And have. Many times.

Thus we see in Julian Assange all our madness distilled into one, and our hatred of him is a hatred for the mirror of the intolerant, murderous, lying fascists we’ve become.

But I didn’t mean to run on, for “we hold these truths to be self-evident.”

“What do you think of western civilization Mr. Gandhi?” “I think that would be a good idea.”

zerosum
    Participant

Holiday Doings and Undoings

It boils down to a whole lot of people not getting paid, one way or the other

Let me fix this sentence.

It boils down to a whole lot of rich and powerful people not getting paid, one way or the other for creating rigging, gaming, and jacking systems

zerosum
    Participant

Here is a long essay supporting my previous post.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-24/its-mad-mad-world

This madness and abnormality is clear to me. I can’t understand why it isn’t clear to others. Am I mad? Am I the one who is abnormal? How can so many millions of people be oblivious to the facts and reality of our situation?

zerosum
    Participant

The rich and powerful have made a BIG DEAL about cheap labor

.https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/exclusive-deal-with-mexico-paves-way-for-asylum-overhaul-at-us-border/ar-BBQ2WME?ocid=spartandhp

A group of business leaders in the city said they have thousands of job openings at the city’s assembly plants, or maquiladoras, inviting Central American migrants to work in the factories. Though wages there are a small fraction of U.S. pay, Mexican officials said the work offer was one reason they believe the Remain in Mexico plan will succeed. Across the country, there are 100,000 jobs available to Central American asylum seekers, officials said.

V. Arnold
    Participant

This madness and abnormality is clear to me. I can’t understand why it isn’t clear to others. Am I mad?

When the whole world has become mad; madness is normalized.
    The few sane people remaining appear to be the mad ones…
    You’re just fine Zerosum…

zerosum
    Participant

@ V. Arnold
    You’re just fine Zerosum…

Thanks!
    http://i.infopls.com/images/emoji-laughing-tears.jpg

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ ZH
    You may like this:
    “In reading The History of Nations, we find that, like individuals, they have their whims and their peculiarities, their seasons of excitement and recklessness, when they care not what they do. We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first.” ― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

This is quite the article from Zero Hedge (got the quote from it) and the link:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-24/its-mad-mad-world

V. Arnold
    Participant

Couldn’t let this pass:

“The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. “Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does.” They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted.” ― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited

V. Arnold
    Participant

ZS
    Sorry, I missed your link to the same ZH article. 🙁

It’s a really excellent take on our present reality; scary!

kultsommer
    Participant

Full century before,Turner clearing away a path for Malevich’s “White square on white background”.
    Lost in the art for a moment. More pressing is the struggle of Assange and our utter hopelessness
    to do anything other than protesting in vain.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.