Debt Rattle October 11 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 11 2019

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Balthus Girl at a window 1957   • How the Crybabies on Wall Street Try to Force the Fed into QE-4 (WS) • After Unveiling ‘NotQE’, Fed Eases Liqui
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 11 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Balthus Girl at a window 1957

Wow, look at that gorgeous window. It’s huge, like a portal to the world outside…

V. Arnold
    Participant

A baby Grauer’s gorilla, a critically endangered species, in the forest of Kahuzi-Biega National Park in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In 2018, logging began in the protected area, threatening the habitat of the gorillas.

Just fucking lovely: God’s be good; we’re a really fucked up species; we humans…
    I’d love to wake up, a thousand years in the future to see just what we finally did to our beautiful blue dot………………
    On second thought; that may be a really bad idea……………….

zerosum
    Participant

It becomes impossible to judge what is real or not.

We need a primer. Is the truth real? Where should we look? WHY DOES IT MATTER?
    ——
    This is what happens when someone is going to “DRAIN THE SWAMP” A political implosion

America’s Political Implosion

a flagrant double-standard of the establishment protecting Biden from investigation while hounding Trump at every possible opportunity, even when evidence against Trump is scant.
    There seems no end to this political civil war in the US. The American political class is literally tearing itself apart, destroying its ability to govern with any normal function.

That article is the Debt Rattle, zero. Why put it here as well?

Turfkiller
    Participant

“The FT reports that Deutsche is expected to benefit most from an imminent change in the Fed’s liquidity rules.”

And today a Federal Appeals Court has been informed:

“At some point in recent years, Deutsche Bank has apparently *got rid of* Donald Trump’s tax returns.
    It’s unclear when and why this happened, but it’s normal procedure at the bank was to retain such records.

The Automatic Earth: “Investigate Biden!”

The Automatic Earth: “Investigate Biden!”

Yes, Turfkiller, exactly that. And investigate Trump too, but then he’s been under non-stop investigation for three years running now. Biden has not.

Dr. D
    Participant

Sure, investigate them all. Shiff sold the port of L.A. to China, Pelosi had a Chinese spy in her meetings for 20 years, Reid stole NV land and sold it, Kushner has Israeli business deals, Trump has this. Again, problem is, “Illegal! Investigate!” Okay, it’s Hunter Biden getting kicked out for drugs, going on a crack-fueled gay-sex bender in Skid Row, then the next day flying to Ukr and getting paid more than Exxon’s executives for not knowing law, oil, gas, or Ukrainian. “Legal! Investigate no one!” Why? If they’re all fine, they should laugh, investigate, then throw it in Trump’s face. They’re supposedly rigging 2020 election: well what do you think investigating Trump for the midterms was? A: Throwing the 2018, and now the 2020 elections. Goose: meet gander.

“Read the freakin’ Constitution. And then let’s honor our oath to it.”

So quaint to hear their undying loyalty to the Constitution when they are publicly against the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendments. And against speaking in any public place of the “creator’ that “endowed” the people with “inalienable”, i.e., un-removable, inherent rights, i.e., the 1st, 2nd, 4th 5th and 10th amendments. And against the freedom between men to trade it was philosophically based on, i.e. capitalism. And against the very existence of the nation at all, i.e. borders. So if they want to adhere to the Constitution, I welcome it.

…But for the small issue, if it’s so simple and clear, why DON’T they have a vote that will surely win, that will establish a committee to “investigate impeachment”. …That’s not even an Impeachment! It’s just thinking about maybe someday possibly having impeachment. No commitments here! Why? Because then they would have to follow legal and parliamentary RULES. And when you’re #AntiLogos, any rule, any order, any restraint to total power of the ego is your mortal enemy. It IS embarrassing Trump has to remind them of their duty and process of U.S. law, especially when they’re all lawyers, they SHOULD be embarrassed, but that doesn’t make him wrong. If they’d just followed the process they know they would win, he wouldn’t have been able to shame them.

“US House Republicans to Seek Sanctions on Turkey over Kurd Offensive (R.)”

Sounds great. But I expect Trump, Putin, Assad, Erdogan, and most probably BoJo have already cut up a plan on the Turkish border and are keeping the sausage-making in the dark. The market, the others, don’t seem worried about it, so they know it’s settled. Kurdish Syrians had no trouble before, even in a 5-ethnic nation, so I don’t see why they would now. Turkey would fall if they accepted a fully armed, mobilized Kurdish army inside their borders, so pick your poison. Europe’s largest army collapses with the nation and goes rogue, or accept some smashing?

“Erdogan has threatened to release 3.6 million refugees into Europe, so don’t hold your breath for this one.”

I’d say great! You release the migrants, we align with Greece and take Cyprus back. No NATO, no gas fields. Suck it. But since they only surrender because surrendering to everyone is ‘nice’, that can never happen.

“Explosions Rock Iranian Tanker Near Saudi Port City of Jeddah (RT)”

Always hear, “when the first bomb goes off in [blank], then the horsemen ride, the dead rise, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.” …Because people are violent unthinking brutes, I guess. Never happens. So we had ALL, two piracies, wiped out the world’s refinery, AND blowing up a ship near Suez, and…? The world is a lot more stable than they lead you to believe. A million people without power in one of the most crime-ridden, income-divided cities in America: nothing. No “Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow” panic in the streets. We wiped out the biggest port in the U.S. in NOLA. Nada. No impact on the U.S. as a whole. This is why the collapse is the “Slow Decent,” but for S.F. the shtf today. P.S. 30% drop in U.S. crop yields minimum. Because of snow. Thanks to Global Warming because that’s logic!

“What Jeff Bezos Wants (Atl.)”

Bezos is akin to Woolworths or Sears Roebuck. We haven’t had anyone do anything real in so long, no one can remember what it was like or who they were.

What does he want? He’s a front man for the CIA who funded him, just like Zuck, Dorsey, Gates, and Epstein. Look into his contracts and who made it legal for him to monopoly while not collecting sales tax for 20 years. Wasn’t him! Sure wasn’t the states who got screwed for every one of his billions! Why? Monopoly control, but more the 1984-type surveillance of everything sold, and back when, especially books.

“Logging began in the protected area, threatening the habitat of the gorillas.”

Depends how the logging is done. The greatest, oldest forest in Europe is logged regularly, but in limited acres each year, and no one can really tell. Japan logged for 2,000 years and they are protected woodlots, where trees are tallied for individual purposes, like temples. In the northeast, they have been logging continuously since Thoreau talked about it, yet there are 1,000x more trees now instead of the logged-over wastes in 1840. Just depends if you act like a fool or not. But hey, if you want everything you buy to be made of petroleum instead, stop logging. Exxon won’t mind. Or you could knock down D.C. and Berlin and grow a tree farm. Be productive! Be green! Be green as San Fransisco is today as a few hundred die of events related to power outages, like fires and traffic lights. The gorillas won’t mind your death at all.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Meanwhile, while you weren’t looking, the Fed is busy saving Wall Street again. Got to rescue them bonuses

I’ve got no problem with bonuses when things go well provided the beneficiaries get hit with “maluses” when things go awry.

I’ve got no problem with bonuses when things go well provided the beneficiaries get hit with “maluses” when things go awry.

But that never happens.

I do have a huge problem with $20 million bonuses being paid out to dead beat bankers while health care staff can’t make ends meet. I do.

Dr. D
    Participant

That’s hilarious. We’ll use the exact same formula we use to calculate bonuses.

“Okay, I need $200,000 back from each of you this year, so go SELL the Rolex, SELL the beach house, and we’ll have Deutsche’s trading dept back at par in no time…”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.