Debt Rattle October 27 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 27 2022

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Alexander Carpenter

I assume your anti-scientific ad hominem attack, in which you present no facts relevant to our predicament, was directed at me, even though you are so incompetent you cannot even get the name right.

I assume, from your idiotic pronouncement, that yiu have no knowledge whatsoever of the drivers of overheating, nor of the mechanisms that previously maintained relative stability

I guess the Empire of Lies is getting really desperate now.

of course, if you want to engage in genuine scientific debate, let’s do it.

However, my instincts and 30+ years of dealing with uninformed fools with access to a computer inform me that you will run for cover, as all cowardly trolls do.

Arctic ice cover is at a record low (matching the storm-plagued 2012 season but in the absence of storms) more than three standard deviations from the 1981 to 2010 median. So ‘obviously there is no overheating, and we are headed into an ice age’.

.https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Fuckwits are everywhere. That is one of the many reasons why we are doomed. Well, our grandchildren certainly are doomed. And our children are too. Those over 70 may or may not see the end to it all.

The descent into energy starvation and fiat currency meltdown is bad enough to contemplate, let alone having planetary meltdown as a backdrop. 🙁

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Falling off the energy cliff.

This video from a year ago probably won’t inform the already-informed, but is good for those new to the concept. Note extraction, not ‘production’ of oil and gas).

WES
    Participant

AFKTT:

Sorry, but I don’t buy the climate scheme bullshit. The people behind it are very evil people. What they have been doing is lying without remorse. They are always right, and everybody else is always wrong. Just like Covid 19 and their vaccine.

Those promoting this shit have a future goal where we will all be controlled using our alloted carbon foot print.

Want to own a home? No, that exceeds your alloted car in foot print.
    Want more food to eat to keep from starving? No, that would exceed your alloted carbin foot print.
    Want to visit your family? No, that would exceed your carbon foot print.
    Want to get married? No, that would exceed your alloted carbon foot print.
    Want to have children? No, that would exceed your alloted carbon foot print.

That is the evil end goal for the climate change crowd. Their rules will apply only to you but not to them. They jet around the world in their private planes. Their large carbon foot print means nothing to them.

Too bad my Father isn’t alive. He didn’t suffer academic fools very well. He would blow you out of the water using your own so called facts. The earth has warmed and cooled millions of times in it’s history.

Michael Reid
    Participant

Nice comment WES

WES
    Participant

Hi Michael:

I was wondering how the special wood chopping/splitting tools you bought last year worked out in practice?

Also did you ever plant any flax seeds? If so how did you harvest them?

Did you cut enough wood this year to allow some wood a chance to dry for next winter?

I am still hanging tuff at the cottage. The river is very low giving me a chance to dig out some of the sand and muck inside the boathouse that the muskrats put there when digging their tunnels under the boathouse walls years ago. I had no idea when building the boathouse that I was actually creating a deep water access winter condo for muskrats! We now have a local mink to hopefully keep their numbers in check.

The wife left late September but my son is still living here at the cottage as he now works at the local marina as a booat mechanic. A big step from being a GE wind turbine maintenance mechanic. Things at GE have gone downhill since he left in early July.

VietnamVet
    Participant

What is clear is that science, truth, and facts are no more. This is all ideology. Through the waves of “big lie” propaganda, all one can do is figure out what makes sense. What is repeatable.

A World War between NATO/Ukraine and the Russian Federation is underway and it is no coincidence that the USA “Will No Longer Rule Out Use of Nuclear Weapons Against Non-Nuclear Threat”. A first nuclear strike against Russia, China, and/or Iran is no longer excluded.

Corporate profits outweigh human lives. More Arctic Ice melts each summer and is predicted to be completely gone by 2035. The Mississippi, Rhine and Yangtze Rivers are so low due to droughts that shipping was halted. Jet Streams are stalling causing rain deluges, droughts, wildfires, heat domes, and polar vortexes. Seattle Washington on Oct. 20th had the worst air quality in the world with a heavy mix of fog and smoke blotting out the horizon, the surrounding mountains and the Space Needle.

Democracy is no more. Progress has ended. Human beings were lucky to survive the first Cold War. Russian military officers disobeyed orders to fire their nuclear weapons. Possibly, because they were communists. Now in the West and Russia the military are paid to their jobs. Mercenary armies are fighting to determine which Overlord will control the last of the dwindling supply of resources and energy on earth. “There is no such thing as society.” This is a new Dark Age that is hardly illuminated by Twitter. Progress has stopped. Peace is gone. Most dare not admit it but War, Pestilence, Famine and Death are again stalking the earth and everyone, including the wealthy, are in the bulls-eye.

All of Europe this winter is facing energy shortages, inflation, bankruptcy, and industrial shutdowns due to unknown state operatives who blew up three of the four natural gas pipelines from Russia to Germany.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

WES

‘Sorry, but I don’t buy the climate scheme bullshit’

Nor do I, the bullshit being the official responses to planetary meltdown.
    On the other hand, not believing the actual data, i.e. that glaciers are disappearing, that sea ice is vanishing, that the heat content of the oceans is the highest ever recorded, that seas and oceans are expanding and l;and along the margins is disappearing under the rising waters etc. will not prevent any of those phenomena from continuing or accelerating.

Not believing the data simply sets you up for catastrophic personal failure and ensures that any progeny you may have will be wiped out by the thing you don’t believe in.

As with all ‘contrarians’, you provide no scientific evidence, no explanations for phenomena occurring right in front of you, and just post unsupported and unsupportable assertions.

Hmm?

“I don’t believe in gravity. i don’t believe that if I step off a cliff face and fall into deep canyon I will fall to my death.”

“I’d rather burn my grandchildren’s/children’s future than accept the evidence.”.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Vietnamvet

‘What is clear is that science, truth, and facts are no more.’

“Facts do not disappear because we ignore them” – Aldous Huxley

Science truth and facts remain.

What we are witnessing is a global gang of liars and thieves censor real science, true statements and facts ‘out of existence’ and replace them with a continuous stream of bullshit, so that they can continue to manipulate the masses and accrue unearned wealth a little longer..

‘Corporate profits outweigh human lives’

I believe that has been the case since around the year 1500.

aspnaz
    Participant

Went to the Hengchun 3000 Brewseum today, near Kenting in Taiwan. Loads of interesting stuff, including ancient artifacts (maybe copies) from Mesopotamia. The guide book does the museum no favours, missing most of the interesting stuff … https://online.fliphtml5.com/aajyt/lyvw/#p=1.

The fascinating thing is that in mesopotamian times, well before Jesus Obama, landlords were asking their patrons to behave using the same old “If you do that, I will get into trouble excuse”. I raise mesopotamia because the feminists decided that they would rewrite history and credit mesopotamian women with the invention of beer. Whatever. Anyone who knows anything about beer knows it was invented in many different places using many different ingredients in history. Activists are such liars, activist scientists are the worst.

Taiwan had no beer until the Japanese started brewing in Taiwan, from the early 1900s. Before that the locals did not drink beer, they were more into gaoliang.

As far as I know, modern low temperature beer was invented about 200 to 300 years ago in Germany. But read the German beer laws of 1516 and the government was doing the same shite to the German people that they are doing now. That was centuries before lager and pilsner.

I am not a fan of the 3000 Brewseum beers. I tried a couple, they are too middle of the road for my liking. I prefer a style to be what it should be and not try and make it appeal to everybody and hence become a bit lame. We need lots of variety for lots of different tastes.

But a 9/10 for the 3000 Brewseum.

aspnaz
    Participant

I went to the Taipower South Information Center today, just outside the Maanshan Nuclear Power Plant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maanshan_Nuclear_Power_Plant.

There are three token wind turbines situated about 500 meters away from the nuclear plant. I took some pictures of the wind turbines with the power plant in the background. What you notice is that the wind turbines are about the same height as the nuclear domes and occupy about as much land space. Of course, the nuclear plant has many other building including turbine halls etc. The main difference between the two was that the nuclear plant was the center of a network of rather ugly high-tension power lines with supporting towers. The wind turbines had nothing like this, they were all alone in the countryside. It gave the impression that nuclear needed serious distribution, wind needed nuclear to back it up and no serious distribution. Wind really needs a PR overhaul.

aspnaz
    Participant

WES said

Sorry, but I don’t buy the climate scheme bullshit.

IKTT has an endless supply of irrelevant theories and facts that he can spout at you all day. He keeps on riding the AGW donkey and seems to think that spouting nonsense gives him some sort of credibility. He will then accuse you of ad hominem attacks then do the same, all very boring, he has said nothing in his comments (how many months has he been here now?) that would make any rational person change their opinion on atmospheric CO2. Shame really as some of his non-science comments can be informative.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.