Debt Rattle October 29 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 29 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Springenberg Luther nails his theses to the church door   • Trump Frustrated By Secrecy With JFK Files (AP) • Battle Hymns of the Republicans (G.
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 29 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m in agreement with John Naughton, in his Guardian article; the Church of Tech indeed. Humans create religions at the drop of a hat. A very telling trend…
    I for one, do not engage in social media; any of it. And I’m dubious of the value of posting comments; and mostly, I don’t; this site excepted.
    My little ditty; the internet is a trip on the astral plane; where we plumb the shallow’s of each other’s brains…

anticlimactic
    Participant

‘Is the swamp being drained?’

Possibly!

Firstly I must say that I am glad Trump was elected. Hillary made no secret that she was more than willing to go to war with Russia and I think there is a strong chance most of us would be dead by now had she been elected. I can forgive Trump a lot for just not being Hillary!

He said the right things before the election – no more foreign wars; NATO is a dinosaur which should be scrapped. However, after the election. he seemed to become an instant NEOCON, which disappointed huge numbers of people.

The only remaining question is whether this is a ploy as some of his die hard supporters hope. Certainly if you are entering a swamp full of alligators it would be a good idea to look like an alligator!

Odd things seem to be happening :

– James Comey sacked and disgraced
    – A spotlight on Hillary Clinton for the Uranium One deal and the ‘Trump dossier’
    – Over 50% of Americans now realise the media is biased
    – CIA ordered to stop supporting Al Nusra in Syria
    – The ‘Deep State’ is now in full view
    – Release of the JFK papers which could embarass the security services [*]

After a year of relentless attacks on Trump it seems the attackers are coming off worse. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next year.

* JFK – There was a persuasive documentary in the UK a few years ago which suggested the fatal shot was from a bodyguard in the following car [back seat, left side]. Although the program suggested it was accidental it would explain why the security services would not like it widely known. Less so if it wasn’t accidental!

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

If Google ever manages to provide single responses to every Internet search, tech will have established itself as a religion by default, with the Internet its Bible.

Quoting from Naughton’s article:

“The audacity of Luther’s 95 Theses on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences came from the fact that in attacking the theology underpinning the doctrine of purgatory they were also undermining the business model built upon it.

The principal business model of the Internet is advertising. Blockchain technology can undermine that business model (e.g. Steemit). Is Satoshi Nakamoto Martin Luther reincarnated?

Nassim
    Participant

Diogenes Shrugged,

Thank you for the videos about how the Israelis are simultaneously dumping migrants on Europe while kicking them out of Israel.

I would love to be able to say that what the Israelis are doing to the ones in Israel is wrong, but I cannot. In fact, they treat these Africans far better than the original Palestinian inhabitants. They don’t drop phosphorus bombs on them and only let them have contaminated water to drink.

I think it is only a matter of time before the Europeans start shipping back the vast number of non-indigents who have no intention of assimilating themselves or in being useful members of society. The easiest way to do that is to pay the leaders/politicians of their countries of origin bribes to take them back. I have no doubt about it.

Already, the Italians are paying money to people in Libya in order not to let these black Africans leave its shores. The amounts of money involved are trivial compared to the costs of keeping them in Europe should they cross. It definitely makes economic sense. It is not a question of morality or anything of the sort as there are hundreds of millions in Africa and Asia who would move to Europe if they had the opportunity.

It is my opinion – no proof – that there are around one million people in London who are not supposed to be there and who the authorities know little about. It would be very easy to get a more accurate figure from the internet and telephone traffic. The present crop of politicians simply don’t want to touch this hot potato – but that will change too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.