Debt Rattle October 3 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 3 2019

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Rembrandt van Rijn Self portrait 1642   • US Hits Scotch Whisky, Italian Cheese, French Wine With 25% Tariffs (R.) • NYT: ‘Whistleblower’ Spoke T
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 3 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Rembrandt van Rijn Self portrait 1642

Ah, Rembrandt’s mastery of light exhibited here…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Well Ilargi; I self exiled just over 16 years ago and all I’ve seen is a serious deterioration in the very fabric of American (U.S.) society.
    But it doesn’t stop there; the west in general and the UK in particular, have gone psychotic.
    How does one make a cogent comment on that ongoing insanity?
    Rhetorical question: One doesn’t!
    Keep on trucking on…

V. Arnold
    Participant

This just in; auto loans to extend to 8 years for “irresponsible borrowers”…ZH
    That is just swell; adds reams to my post above… 😉

anticlimactic
    Participant

GRETA THUNBERG

She has never suffered problems from Global Warming or Climate Change. She HAS suffered from being taught from a very young age that she was going to have a very bleak future. I read about a 7 year old Australian girl who became hysterical claiming she wanted to ‘decarbonise’ herself!

What justifies terrorising young kids like this? It is obviously mentally damaging.

I suppose that because there has never been any scientific evidence that Man’s activities influence global warming or climate it is best to brainwash kids at a young age to make sure they never question.

Some say these ‘man-made catastrophes’ were promoted to justify a World Government so that a few oligarchs could control everything. It is no surprise to discover George Soros is involved with the institute which sponsors Greta.

Greta does have a bleak future, but that will come from her, her country and the EU doing what activists demand to combat these ‘man made disasters’.

Dr. D
    Participant

If we told her the same for economic austerity, we’d be monsters. If we say it’s ECO austerity, we’re heroes. …But you die, or don’t die, just the same. Who cares by which poison?

Dr. D
    Participant

It’s Thursday, who should surrender today? How about Sweden?

Swedes Are Fleeing

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/14894/swedes-are-fleeing

Well, it is the hand grenade capital of the world. However, should you really abandon your country rather than fight for it? Of course this could be fixed, remediated, but to do that you’d have to talk honestly about what has happened and where to go from here, because hands will have to pull together.

“NYT: ‘Whistleblower’ Spoke to ‘Shifty Schiff’ Before Filing Complaint (RT)”

We’re finding new illegalities in the Schiff frame-up job. The Whistleblower documents were altered, as we know, specifically to make it legal for this CIA agent to use nonsense hearsay, as proven by the call transcript. And we know Schiff sat on this “Urgent Matter”, the very reason it has whistleblower status, for 2-3 weeks. And then there’s the other matter of, yes, the Whistleblower ACCUSED the President, (not sure that makes you a whistleblower, maybe a leaker? Or as CIA, a “bureaucratic adversary”?) but how did the agency know the allegation had merit unless THEY HEARD THE CONVERSATION? –And clearly they didn’t. Just question, because sans evidence, all we have is “You said” — which is the reason Whistleblowers must actually have evidence-in-hand. Otherwise, I could say Schiff was brainwashed by aliens from Alpha Centuri, overseen by David Icke and get Whistleblower status — a nonstarter.

But worse than that. The document was suddenly changed, and the leaker’s helpers – CIA and Schiff – BACKDATED the original complaint on the pdf form. So they are not only changing forms at will to make them legal, they are essentially filing false government statements as well. And they had to to get the date and the legality to align, as for 220 years until that date you had to have a thing called “evidence.” So any one else think the CIA whistleblower is himself the CIA agent from the board of Burisma? You know, in conversations with Brennan?

“They should look at him for treason because he is making up the words of the president”

Oh geez, calm down. Like yourself, there are 50,000 felonies in play here, and you go after the one thing that’s senseless. Do your job and prosecute his ACTUAL felonies, which are many.

“Lindsey Graham Urges Foreign Leaders to Assist Barr with Investigation (Pol.)”

I like the quote from yesterday, “I’m old enough to remember when Democrats wanted to look into 2016 election tampering.” Now when they ask about it, it’s Treason.

“We’ll “Definitely” Interfere in 2020, Just “Don’t Tell Anybody” – Putin (ZH)”

Showing that Americans are the laughingstock and don’t even realize it. …Or rather their government is.

“Putin Shames Greta Thunberg and Her Handlers over Environmental Agenda (ZH)”

Apparently suggesting that a person is kindhearted but young is shaming now. But this is America, if you don’t agree with me slavishly, rigidly, and perfectly, you’re Hitler. That’s free speech!

“Dismay in Brussels as Boris Johnson Finally Reveals Brexit Plan (G.)”

Well when everyone has only sabotage in mind, you can pick one of three things not to work. That’s it. Pick one. But remember: only if you leave are you no longer in a eternal Catch-22.

“3 Saudi Brigades Annihilated in Houthi Offensive in Saudi Arabia (Pieraccini)”

Hey, don’t you know it’s useless for normal people with small arms to fight against today’s advanced armies? That’s why Americans are idiots for keeping the 2A: because the intelligentsia who’s never seen a gun in person say they would obviously lose. They’re just living a red-hat couch potato fantasy, as proven by our stellar success in Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Hated but well-funded governments backed by Raytheon always win, MBS is just another example.

Oh wait: THAT, but the opposite.

“Ex-Israeli Intel Exec Says Epstein, Ghislaine Worked for Israeli Intel”

You mean they were undermining our GOVERNMENT? Wait: I thought they were our ALLIES. I mean, you know, after they sunk our ship in an attempt to get us to fight their wars. Who else but a friend and ally would laugh that off as a joke?

If only you were wrong, V., but living here it’s both better, and worse, than reported. In one way, life goes on as it always has, go to work, harvest crops, stack pumpkins, deer season, autumn porches in moonlight, and in another way, it is indeed as dangerous and irrational as Robespierre, complete with mob hangings, thankfully (mostly) virtual. But such is history. It looks clear and exciting in the books, but in reality is messy and takes a long time. In reality, things are almost always habitual and ordinary, as it must be. Pump water, chop wood. Men are perrennial as grass…

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible without surrender
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even the dull and the ignorant;
    they too have their story.

Dr. D
    Participant

…With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
    it is still a beautiful world.
    Be cheerful.
    Strive to be happy. “

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“I wouldn’t have said he shames her. He simply understands that Greta IS her PR handlers. She should go home and be a child, not get dragged around the planet by spin doctors.”

Oh, I think that Putin, for all his decent qualities, is nonetheless Big Oil. Don’t attack Big Oil.

Putin Patronizes Greta

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“What justifies terrorising young kids like this? It is obviously mentally damaging.”

What justifies sticking our heads in the sand? Terror is a natural response to looming disaster. Parlor psych analysis coupled with political analysis doesn’t change this core existential reality.

If I were her age, I’d be terrified, and display the anger that terror inspires when it doesn’t inspire suicidal defeatism. So she’s being handled. So is pert near every leader and major spokesperson you see, hear, or read. Grown-ups, in fact.

A pox on all your houses. I hope y’all have nightmares about kids like Greta while you dismiss because of the existence of media spin doctors and the realities of media access.

kultsommer
    Participant

Most of artist’s self portraits carry that tension from the gazing into the mirror, sometimes they show bit of vanity of an artist, or burden of an artist as in last Picasso (one of my all time favorites BTW) on TAE.
    In this one Rembrandt painted himself as if one of his wealthy sitters, self content and in at the best time of his life.
    Assange’s handlers can recite the law and logic presented by his defenders word for word, mockingly bobbing their heads
    right and left and then produce the big fart afterwards. And that’s the problem.

lasttwo
    Participant

Dr D got me remembering and the whole thing is worth printing
    Desiderata
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible without surrender
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even the dull and the ignorant;
    they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
    they are vexations to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others,
    you may become vain and bitter;
    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
    Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
    it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
    Exercise caution in your business affairs;
    for the world is full of trickery.
    But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
    many persons strive for high ideals;
    and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
    Especially, do not feign affection.
    Neither be cynical about love;
    for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
    it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
    gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline,
    be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be,
    and whatever your labors and aspirations,
    in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
    Be cheerful.
    Strive to be happy.

— Max Ehrmann, 1927

Of course 5 years or 15 years later he may have written a different poem

V. Arnold
    Participant

…With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
    Be cheerful.
    Strive to be happy. “

Yes, it is a beautiful world and I rarely forget that for long…
    All I have to do is look around us.
    My dear wife is very good about grounding me…

Dr. D
    Participant

Wow, let’s not make you captain of the ship. Suppose a storm breaks and we’re battered by the winds, urgent action is required.

Should our response be a) mindless terror, or b) vigorous action?

Should we a) terrorize the crew with stories of how we probably won’t come out alive or b) invigorate them to personal action and teamwork?

Should we a) do what has worked in the past for 1,000 years or b) attempt to rebuild the ship, our response, and our hierarchical structure into something new and untested a few hours before the storm begins?

Battering your crew into mindless terror, thereby avoiding all action and change in their personal actions — the only action they actually have power over — is irresponsible in the extreme. When they have mental breakdowns on the ropes and are washed overboard — as indeed seems to be happening — count yourself responsible. I’ll go plant trees.

“Why don’t you go upstairs and book a conference room. Maybe you can talk him to death” –Bourne Identity.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.