Debt Rattle October 3 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 3 2020

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

René Magritte Le Cri du Coeur 1960   • Trump Checks Into Walter Reed Medical Center As Precaution For COVID19 (JTN) • From Gloating To Tears (LA
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 3 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

René Magritte Le Cri du Coeur 1960

Wow, just wow! I love that Magritte (and many others) but that one just awes me…
    I do hope the best for Trump; mayhaps kharma had a hand in this turn of events…
    😉

madamski cafone
    Participant

If Trump is disabled or worse, Pence takes over. I would pray he recovers well and quickly.

BTW, I was watching the last part of the Adam Curtis interview someone posted the other day, and noticed that he talks about the failure of our imagination, exactly like Nassim Taleb did in a quote I posted recently. Maybe there’s something there.

zerosum
    Participant

All forms of reporting is suspected of being false or bias.

If citizens lacked valid reasons to suspect the truth is being hidden, they wouldn’t go looking for it on parts of the information superhighway where it’s a good idea not to roll down the window. -Mark Hemingway

zerosum
    Participant

What a f**king disaster
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sen-ron-johnson-kellyanne-conway-test-positive-24-infected-white-house-covid-19-outbreak

As of Saturday morning, 24 people have tested positive in the White House outbreak, as the number of infected staffers who attended the Cleveland debate climbed from 1 to 11.

1+2. President & Melania Trump

3. Bill Stepien, Trump campaign mgr

4. Hope Hicks

5. Kellyanne Conway

6. Sen. Ron Johnson

7. Sen. Mike Lee

8. Sen. Thom Tillis

9. Ronna McDaniel

10. Notre Dame Pres. Jenkins

11-13. Three WH reporters

14-24. Eleven staffers from Cleveland debate

But as the list above also reflects, three additional major figures in TrumpWorld have tested positive: Former White House advisor Kellyanne Conway, Trump Campaign Manager Bill Stepien, and Sen. Ron Johnson.

Johnson’s announcement hit just minutes ago on Saturday morning with a statement from his office

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Raul

Taleb’s usually on to something. Brilliant guy. Lack of imagination is different from failure of imagination. Semantic quibble but meaningfully so.

Kimo
    Participant

Positive for Covid: “Eleven staffers from Cleveland debate” Trump’s revenge?
    Walter Reed news conference with 10 medical staff members: many questions nailing down the non-application of oxygen, but not one question about HCQ?
    Missed opportunity: Trumps asks Chris about his father’s (Mike Wallace) appearance on flight logs of the Lolita Express.

Susmarie108
    Participant

RE: The Turley LAMENT: I appreciate his efforts to speak up, however by not exploring the ‘How did we get here?’ and ‘Who is responsible’ angles he misses the point (and his piece is another boohoo). Honest discovery would take responsibility for WHO we have become – and WHY. Lamenting the “despicable level of dishonesty that motivates this type of banking of secret recordings” is only promoting endless finger pointing and churn! Where does that get us? CNN and Anderson Cooper are a symptom. The disease is Greed – and how greed envelops and warps all who are exposed.

Greed is the pursuit of self-interest at any cost – above all else.

What outcome do we expect when greed and self-interest are at the core of most everything? Between reality teevee, Twitter + the impact of in real-time media, endless lies/the suppression of truth – we have created an alternative reality live streamed into our consciousness in massive doses.

What do Cohen, Wolkoff, and M. Trump have in common? They all functioned in environments where the pursuit of self-interest was the key core value – and in the end, everyone realized that everyone else was in it for themselves; trust was extinguished. What do people do in those circumstances? They look for ways to protect themselves. When threatened, they fight back creating a negative feedback loop with ripples. Their tell-all books are symptoms of something much more important.

“There is a new sense of an absolute license to engage in any attack or distort any fact for the greater good.” Um, no. This destroy attack/distort strategy has been going on for a very long time; it really ramped up ahead of the 2016 campaign, and we are drowning in its outcomes. Donald Trump, master of mayhem is guilty of implementing destroy/attack/distort strategy. So is the Russia/Russia/Russia gang, the media, both political parties, The Fed, Deep State, the banks, Corporate CEO’s. One more thing…there is no pursuit of the “GREATER GOOD” among those just mentioned. It just doesn’t exist in their reality.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Free Julian Assange! Tulsi and Thomas are on board. Let’s support them by contacting our representatives. I always call their “field” offices (not DC) where the staff is more available to engage in conversation.

zerosum
    Participant

There is no oxygen left in the room.

And the winner is TRUMP.

VietnamVet
    Participant

The rich are different. With money and power, they make their own reality.

The human tragedy is no matter how much one believes in one’s power and merit, the earth is finite and life always ends in death. Only by cooperation, education and planning, in the here and now, is a future possible.

The smart phone “rings”- we drool whether or not the sustainence is forthcoming. Like a bad toy it sucks up time with no creativity involved.
    I think it was meant to do that. If the imagination, productivity, and creativity of 7 billion people weren’t diverted to thumb-twiddling, things might change.
    That would terrify the powers that be.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.