Debt Rattle October 30 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 30 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Sleeping peasants 1919 • Global Wildlife Populations Have Fallen By 60% Since 1970 (R.) • Alarm As China Eases 25-Year Ban On Rhino And
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 30 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

What odd proportions of the man’s and woman’s bodies. I don’t quite know what to make of that.

The markets remind me of a Rolling Stone’s song in which Mick sings; “…cocain. cocain, rattling round your brain, they say it will kill you, but they don’t say when…”
    Thus spake the marketiers; they never say when… 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

Back to Sleeping peasants (Picasso); the male has a boys head on a man’s muscular body, the female is less defined, but has huge arms and legs (like the male) and relatively small breasts.
    I can’t take it any further, but that’s what I see…
    Obviously, I’m somewhat taken by this painting…

VA,

It’s in a painter’s style whose name escapes me right now. There’s also a theater costume designer who worked in the style (the girl’s balloon calf), his name’s gone as well for now.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

RE: ‘extremophile’ species, I see this locally in the mountains with tree species. The White Fir (Abies Concolor) has a typical range, in the San Gabriel Mtns, of about 1800m to 2600m. There are few summits in the range higher than that, the highest just above 3000m. The habitable zone for the trees is shrinking like a draining lake in reverse. This makes me quite sad, since these trees are among the most beautiful anywhere.

RE: the Picaso woman, cartoonist Robert Crumb professes to a preference for rubenesque women in the documentary Crumb.

The costume designer I mentioned is Oscar Schlemmer. We’ll think of the painter’s name, I’m sure.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Thanks Ilargi.
    I would enjoy seeing the painter’s work. It’s not a style I’m familiar with.
    I looked up (I use yandex; can’t say the g-word 🙂 ) Oskar Schlemmer; quite an accomplished designer of far more than costumes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.