Debt Rattle October 31 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 31 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Francisco Goya Witches’ Sabbath 1798   • US Calls For Yemen Ceasefire, Peace Talks ‘In The Next 30 Days’ (AFP) • Erdogan Urges Saudi Prosecutor T
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 31 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Francisco Goya painted 14 of these pictures during his black period. They were painted on the inside walls of his home. Apparently he did not expect for them to be seen by anybody. They were found 50 years after his death.
    By all measure Goya was an amazing artist; his works attest to that…

Dr. D
    Participant

“And if it happens that the Dems don’t prevail, and don’t manage to get their hands on the machinery of congress — then what?”

DNC party officials have already said what: they will violently riot in the streets and cause “collateral damage” (Pelosi) until they get their way. Aside from being 100% anti-democratic, and aside from how, if they can’t win elections, what makes you think they’re going to win riots, the real point is, that’s not a winning campaign slogan. Or method.

Reform the party, kick out the dinosaurs, get a platform, help the people, and you’ll win in no time. Their own enemies are telling them this. Their own base is leaving the party over this. Yet for whatever reason, they won’t, and it’s my belief it will cost them even more than ’16. As much as the GOP has ceased to RINO and is becoming a new party, the DNC may cease to exist even in name, and be replaced by a Green, a Worker, or a Social Democratic party. But starting a whole new party takes time and if they do this — which begins to appear past tense — they wouldn’t be in a winning position for a generation.

This happens from time to time in America, at each turning. The Whigs, etc, and in the early 1800’s there was indeed only one effective party at all — though dispersed. It can happen. Everyone is hoping and begging them not to, but so far the motion has not been in a good direction.

Reform the party, kick out the dinosaurs, get a platform, help the people. #winning.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Dr D
    It’s a mystery to me how you can compare the “turning (s)” of the past with today’s realities.
    The available technology alone is a formidable foe of the democratic process.

Reform the party, kick out the dinosaurs, get a platform, help the people.

Just who is going to do that? Clinton? She’s priming to run in 2020; the Clinton machine is gearing up; chance of a snowball in hell, IMO, however, the old DNC is the walking dead; but very hard to kill.
    While Clinton is delusional; she can throw the proverbial monkey wrench into the works.
    The “people” (whomever they are) are a rag-tag disorganised mess of a mass…
    You’d have more luck herding cats, IMHO…

seychelles
    Participant

” It’s time to shove the crybabies offstage and allow a few clear-eyed adults to take the room, including men, yes even white men.”

Too bad their careful, hubristically-engineered multicultural agenda wasn’t inspired by Logos, but by a media-molded minion mindset of “divide and conquer”. They have done incalculable damage to the social necessity of a loyal Left. Happy Halloween, everybody.

seychelles
    Participant

“..neo-fascism as the higher level of neoliberalism.”

Absolutely, and not by accident.

zerosum
    Participant

• China Debt Bomb Ready to Explode (Rickards)

Everyone has some kind of image of the disaster and chaos that they expect to be in our future.

Does it matter what it is called?

a debt bomb
    a debt bubble
    a musical chair.
    an exit door
    a fan
    Shit
    hell
    a scam
    a windmill

Then again,

What does it matter if you put a label on the participants?

manipulators
    vulture
    predator
    strange attractor
    devil
    god
    capitalist
    plunge protector
    republican
    democrat
    rich
    poor
    sucker
    victime

John Day
    Participant

The rumor is that MbS got Khashoggi’s head and fingers as a “present”. That might be why the body can’t be found, a further embarrassment to be revealed at the appropriate time.
    My embarrassment is invisibility. Inspired to no small part by reading TAE since early 2008, I have long sent out a news-email to a bcc list. It’s at 188. In spring 2016, with primaries roaring, I suddenly started getting blocked, no matter how I appealed to Google/Gmail, no matter how compliant I became.
    I started http://www.johndayblog.com as a work-around, which has not been relevant since late November 2016, until now. I can’t get anything out to the bcc newslist. I got one notice out a few days ago that the news was blocked, and got a flurry of hits on that one in the ensuing days.
    The noose is tightening, folks. I don’t know if it will loosen up in a month.
    We should all be securing water, friends and growing vegetables. http://www.johndayblog.com/2018/10/invisible-for-halloween.html
    Nice to know ya…

John, I don’t know how you send out your mails, but I found that sending to groups smaller than 100 people works when I send mails through Gmail from my browser. I started having major issues trying to send them through my Gmail in Apple Mail. Google and Apple don’t like each other anymore?! This happened a while back after it had worked fine for years.

John Day
    Participant

Thanks Ilargi,
    I tried that in 2016, splitting my #200 addresses up into 3 groups. That also did not work.
    Once the mark-of-Cain is seared onto one’s forehead…
    I do appreciate your thoughtfulness.
    At some point these channels of communication will be closed to us.
    The inner work of meditation, and the growing of vegetables may remain a bit longer.
    Semi-optimistic-John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.