Debt Rattle October 6 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 6 2018

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

M. C. Escher Day and Night 1938   • Collins, Manchin Vote “Yes”, Ensuring Kavanaugh Confirmation (ZH) • US Unemployment Rate Falls To Lowest Leve
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 6 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The hubris is nothing short of remarkable; even given it’s from the U.S. government and its media.
    The standout was the 3.7% “unemployment” rate.
    It’s apparent the U.S. government holds its citizenry to be morons, to believe such bull excrement.
    The only other option I can discern; they don’t care what we think or care about.
    I’ll take door #2 Steve…

I was wondering: how did they measure (un)employment back in 1969? Betcha it was very different from today.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Fascinating (the Escher); it’s a mirror image as near as I can tell.
    Very clever indeed…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer

Different? Oh yeah, back in the day it was an honest statistic. Now it’s the epitomy of a corrupt system.
    The minions of the U.S. government have rejigged everything to do with the social benefits; another of the great thefts of the working, and working poor of the once adequate U.S. government.
    It’s gone, it’s all gone…forever…

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’ve got to add, the Banksy, shredded via the built in shredder in the frame; hilarious!
    Man/artist with a genius mind…

I like the suggestion that the shredding has actually added value to the work.

Realitychecker
    Participant

Theresa May has drawn up plans for a secret charm offensive aimed at persuading dozens of Labour MPs to back her Brexit deal even if it costs Jeremy Corbyn the chance to be prime minister……

As Tim Morgan discusses in his latest post entitled The challenge for government on his Surplus Energy Economics website, it doesn’t really matter which UK mainstream party is in power, since neither understand the true nature of the crisis facing the country, nor do mainstream party’s in any other country.

The situation is actually far worse than a simple increase in GDP data implies, since this measure has been driven largely by increasing fiat money creation since the last Global Financial Crisis (GFC 1), in the mistaken belief that the future growth it supposedly creates enables the debt to be repaid. The fundamental error made by economists and the politicians who listen to them, is based on the belief the economy is a “money system”, when in fact it’s an “energy system”.

The problem with energy that’s the primary driver of economic growth, is that not only is it becoming increasingly unaffordable, but it’s also suffering from declining net energy, or surplus energy, meaning the discretionary energy available for everything else is decreasing. In other words it’s “delivering less bangs for more bucks”, a situation that eventually leads to disaster. When this new economic reality is taken into account, prosperity is actually declining faster than GDP growth would suggest, so most of us are all becoming poorer faster than we think.

Consequently no current mainstream political party of whatever persuasion, anywhere in the world, can reverse this situation let alone mitigate this new era of declining prosperity. Until globally, our political institutions that evolved during the era of growing prosperity over the last 200 years recognise the new economic paradigm, they will simply keep making the situation worse with their wrong headed policies. Put simply, humanity is in the early stages of colliding with Limits to Growth driven by the Second law of thermodynamics. The best we can hope for is that politicians realise this reality and begin to manage the new reality, and hopefully avoid destroying everything in a war to end all wars, i.e. WW3.

VietnamVet
    Participant

50.8% of the USA are women. The Democrats did not have the votes to stop Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation. They control only six coastal states; Oregon, California, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Delaware. After dumping working Americans, they used identity politics to stay in power and scam corporate money. It failed. They are totally incompetent. At the very last moment, the Democrats raised the possibility that the Supreme Court nominee is a functional alcoholic and juvenile Bill Cosby. It did not work. They failed women and managed also somehow to scare all males with dodgy adolescences shitless. They documented that the privileged today escape all consequences of their actions. Worse, with Federal Bond short term rate at 2.13% and long term at 3.4% and with a strong dollar; all the malinvestment since 2000 will be coming home to roost. An incipient civil war in the West, a world war with Russia Iran and China; or the mother of all economic crashes; what a choice!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer
    I like the suggestion that the shredding has actually added value to the work.

I had that same exact thought. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.