Debt Rattle September 13 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 13 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Henri Matisse Landscape with a bench 1918   • This Will Be The Mother Of All Minsky Moments (Mauldin) • Leaderless World Is Sleepwalking Into A F
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 13 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Another gorgeous Matisse, thanks.

For those bemoaning the edit feature (and yes, it’s messed up); I found the solution.
    Click the edit feature and the first thing you must do is UNCLICK (get rid of the check in the checked box) the Keep a log of this edit:
    Once I did that I’ve had no trouble what-so-ever.
    The hard part is to remember to do this first.
    Cheers.

Dr. D
    Participant

“the European commission president appealed to MEPs and heads of government to give the EU the powers and characteristics traditionally restricted to states.”

Maybe they’d like to add some democracy first.

Speaking of, their best friend Google vows to “ensure that populist [i.e. ‘Democracy’] movements around the world are merely a “blip” and a “hiccup” in the arc of history that “bends towards progress. [i.e. corporate fascism]” Fixed it. Yeah, we know who you are, you who are both helping China’s new scientific dictatorship, and selling U.S. intel-ready data to China as well.

zerosum
    Participant

Mangkhut is about to hit the Philippines.
    (edit to get rid of the link)
    A super typhoon packing winds of up to 150 miles per hour is heading toward the Philippines, picking up speed over the Pacific on a route that also has Taiwan and the heavily populated southeastern coast of China in its sights.
    —–
    • US Destroyer Arrives In Mediterranean As Syria Tensions Rise (RT)
    the US forces in the region have up to 200 ‘Tomahawk’ cruise missiles available to strike targets in Syria.

The presence of Russian ships in the area was seen as a possible deterrent to further US military action against Syria.

Look at the positive side.
    There will be less old ‘Tomahawk’ available.

I”m not a military mind but I would think that the ‘Tomahawk’ would be used on the rich targets – Russian ships.

Broken windows are good for GDP

seychelles
    Participant

Landscape with a bench looks like something you would see on the wall in some sleazy fleabag motel. Just goes to show even the “greats” can have very off days.

So much bad/depressing news. My desire to read anything beyond the leaders is becoming exhausted, much less to generate any commentary. “Have a nice day” everyone!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.