Debt Rattle September 19 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 19 2020

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Robert Capa Capucine, French model and actress, on a balcony, Rome 1951   • RBG Death At 87 Opens Supreme Court Seat Weeks Before Election (JTN)
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 19 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

No. Stop it. We’ve seen an enormous amount of incompetence, but Britain sure is high on the list. How do all these people hold on to power? What’s the mechanism for that?

Many countries still don’t have enough tests, or facemasks. How is that possible? After 9 months?

Boy, do I wish I had an answer to those questions…
    …but, what I’ve learned is, I do not…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Robert Capa Capucine, French model and actress, on a balcony, Rome 1951

I was 6 years old when that picture was taken…
    I well know who Capucine was, she was everywhere, one couldn’t easily miss her if you read any media at all…
    Beauty…
    Powerful, but powerless, in the end; a captive cocept, often leading to tragedy…
    …one is the better, for getting past that trivial aspect of life…
    True beauty is entirely something else………..

Dr. D
    Participant

GaveKal, every word:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/death-taxes-and-covid-19-things-cannot-be-avoided (GaveKal direct site is paywall)
    Tootal
    https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/total%20weekly%20deaths.jpg?itok=P_roNU81

Read theirs, of course, they say it better than I do.

First, 5-nation solid proof lockdowns did absolutely nothing (besides kill more people via the economy) unless done extremely early. Wait: is that what CDC research already said? That it’s useless even beyond 1% spread? You know, the Science they contradicted and Medicine they malpracticed when they ordered us to do it anyway? So arrests and medical licenses pulled when?

And: Death rates overall are equal the 2015 Flu season. As seen as early as July.

“Here, the 2020 divergence between Sweden and Denmark is interesting: Sweden had an abnormally high death rate over the winter, while Denmark had a “normal” death rate. Fast forward to this summer, and Sweden registered a record low death rate, while Denmark registered a normal death rate. This would seem to indicate that a significant number of the people who died of Covid last winter may well have died of other causes come the summer.”

That is: Covid pulled forward very-elderly deaths by a few months, and the year’s overall average is virtually unchanged. We’re weeks further on, and that matches Denninger’s (CDC’s) data showing sharp plunge in deaths which makes the year average equal out to normal. Flu has actually been MORE dangerous than Covid. For two months. Yet we go on killing people voluntarily with the economy. Killin’ more folks: That’s Science.

The number of total weekly deaths is now hitting decade lows in Sweden, Switzerland and the US. France is not at a new low, but is close to one”

That is, if there were barely equal 2015 Flu deaths before, now there are nearly no deaths at all. Yet we remain locked down, with total economic and life destruction, total loss of civil liberties that entails. –Just ask Australia. As Predicted. This did not last 15 days, but will last a 1,500 years because: government. It only expands. Rights and freedoms never given back. As Predicted. Never trust them. As is obvious. They are liars by every word. As known.

Gatewaydrug
    https://static.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/Covid-Chart.jpg

President Trump Retweets Evidence COVID-19 Is Fizzling Out in the US If It’s Not Over

Almost no deaths. All drama. All “cases”. That is, “Cases” so deadly that the person has no symptoms, no risk, and no idea they even had the disease without the test. So testing for what? So that I can do nothing? 99.96% the next guy will be unaware and won’t have any health consequences either. Testing in schools and colleges where the young and more likely to die by lightning? It’s like testing if I smell of peanuts. Yeah, so? What difference would it make? To save one of only 5 guys in the U.S. who would die if I met them?

What was the known death rate again? 40,000 dead for each 1% rise in unemployment?(The Big Short) This is random and slow, deaths in drug abuse and delayed health care so impossible to track except in the widest view, yet very real. So now that NY, MI, and Tennessee can’t kill everyone in the nursing home system for which they are liable, they are killing everyone in the economic system instead. If Yelp numbers are similar, 60% of those restaurants in Nashville were bankrupted for no reason, taking the livelihoods and life savings of every small working family with them. To transfer via bailouts to Gates and Bezos. DeBlasio is trying the same thing: plunges real estate prices in NYC via unscientific, unconstitutional lockdowns and city-wide riots, then arranges massive $1T cash kitty for insider billionaires to buy up the intentionally arsoned, extorted property like some Kingpin mafioso in a Marvel movie. Or worse: RoboCop. 70% white BLM nods their heads and throw another brick, but they are sure helping black folks by burning their houses, stealing their businesses, and giving billions to white oligarchs, including 90% of BLM money to Act Blue which goes to old white insider Joe Biden. Letting insider billionaires buy up all Harlem and Inner Minneapolis on the cheap with poor folks’ tax money.

Ah, the power of lies. Truly supernatural. As everyone is wearing masks which 100 years of data show don’t work, plus all the recent data since March. Harmful, actually. As Fauci said in March, before no new research came out and – without evidence – changed his mind. Not just the public, but Doctors join in despite total lack of data, supporting the total opposite of research. And then everyone nods when an expert says things like this:

“I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine,” –Director Redford

Redford
    https://newslinks.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/dr-quack-cdcs-redfield-claims-masks-guaranteed-to-protect-against-covid.jpg

I guess you’re right: wearing a non-mask like that IS equal to taking a vaccine we don’t have. Non Sequitor + Non Sequitor = Science.

Redford in February: there’s “no role for these masks in the community.” See? Science!

Luckily masks don’t work and Covid isn’t dangerous, so it hardly matters. The only danger is self-harm via appalling, bare-faced, transparent lies. And that’s going briskly. Their god and master will be most pleased.

“But tons of people tweet “burn it all down” if the GOP even tries.”

They’re already burning it all down, so why bother? Do what you feel is right.

Why PCR tests are so bad.”

Yup, they use the bad testing (in several ways, e.g. actionable information) instead of the good ones for months. Golly gee why?

Many countries still don’t have enough tests, or facemasks. How is that possible? After 9 months?”

Golly gee how? Wouldn’t they make heaps of contractor golfing-pal money? Yet this one time they don’t want it. It’s almost like they’re a) lying b) up to something. You know like making more money with a much larger fascist power grab. Nah. Just ‘cause they’re now arresting mothers in their won houses for having opinions online is no reason to thing freedom and speech have been curtailed. That’s just cray-cray!

Good history of attempted coups in the US.”

Can’t happen here, right? Except it’s been happening since Aaron Burr rowed to Weehawken. We just…lie.

“COVID: Can A ‘Circuit Break’ Halt The Second Wave? (BBC) “

What second wave? If there is one, we already had it, see above. I fear a second wave of a virus with a 99.996% recovery rate if you’re under 70! Panic! Hair on fire! Aaaaiiiiii!

“MSM Reporters Silent About Being Spied On By Apparent CIA Contractor (GZ)”

The CIA is their primary employer, so…professional courtesy. Church Committee, Operation Mockingbird. Brennan Cooper highest positions. HereLetMeGoogleThatForYou.com

Forecast: Fires! In the West! In Western fire season! Aiiii! Snow! In the high Rockies! In early snow season! Aiiii! Hurricanes! In the south! In September hurricane season! No one could have predicted! The world’s come unhinged!

Next thing all leaves will fall, all trees will die! In the North! And a new Ice Age begins! It may never stop! Who knows?

Yes, indeed, another little Ice Age is coming to the northern hemisphere, but I predict it will end sometime in March.
    You heard it here first.

zerosum
    Participant

Lies
    I’m going to tell you lies.

You have been so conditioned by your society, (any and all countries where you live), that when I tell you the truth that is in conflict with your conditioning, you will call it a lie.

Example that you have been conditioned,
    ( chose #! or #2),

Robert Capa Capucine, French model and actress, on a balcony, Rome 1951

1. Beautiful, sexy, desirable, sexually arousing · sexually exciting · alluring · seductive · tempting · suggestive · inviting · tantalizing · titillating ·

2. ugly, awful, grisly, grotesque, hideous, horrid, unseemly, unsightly, big, fat, bulging, bulky, large, meaty, obese, plump

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. – Joseph Goebbels

madamski cafone
    Participant

Months of reading sites like this have convinced me that people really believe they understand something as chaotic and invisible as a swarm of capitalistically McDonaldized pathogens that have to hide inside our bodies to survive. Bold claims are made between brash refutations.

Meanwhile, we have flagellants on the left, denialists on the right, both claiming to know the proper spin vectors to avoid being sucked into the black hole of the center where political failure is the driving force.

Buster Keaton

anticlimactic
    Participant

‘SECOND’ WAVE!

References to a ‘second wave’ irritate me. Regular flu dies back in summer. A ‘second wave’ would be if it re-appears in the following winter.

C-19 does NOT die back in warm weather so this is still the FIRST wave. Lockdowns may have slowed the infection rate but eventually everyone will be exposed to the virus. In effect we are all ‘Sweden’, only the timescale differs.

Lockdowns have dire consequences and should not be used lightly, which unfortunately they are. They do not save lives but DO cause deaths, both now and in the future.

Probably the country in the worst position is Australia. They were able to ‘contain’ the infections but at the cost of one of the most vicious lockdowns in the world. It means that few Australians have had the virus so the lockdowns will need to be kept in place until a vaccine is available. I can not imagine the consequences of their actions.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Stephen F. Cohen has died. He was a scholar of Russian studies.
    One of very few who could offer facts and a positive view of Russia…
    RIP; you will be missed…

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Capucine and Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther (1963)

Capucine and Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther (1963)

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/john-turner-obituary-1.5731229
    John Turner, PM and Liberal leader who battled free trade with U.S., dead at 91

Mr. House
    Participant

Something different then my usual rants

“The truth is, Colonel, that there’s no divine spark, bless you. There’s many a man alive no more value than a dead dog. Believe me, when you’ve seen them hang each other…Equality? Christ in Heaven. What I’m fighting for is the right to prove I’m a better man than many. Where have you seen this divine spark in operation, Colonel? Where have you noted this magnificent equality? The Great White Joker in the Sky dooms us all to stupidity or poverty from birth. no two things on earth are equal or have an equal chance, not a leaf nor a tree. There’s many a man worse than me, and some better, but I don’t think race or country matters a damn. What matters is justice. ‘Tis why I’m here. I’ll be treated as I deserve, not as my father deserved. I’m Kilrain, and I God damn all gentlemen. I don’t know who me father was and I don’t give a damn. There’s only one aristocracy, and that’s right here – ” he tapped his white skull with a thick finger – “and YOU, Colonel laddie, are a member of it and don’t even know it. You are damned good at everything I’ve seen you do, a lovely soldier, an honest man, and you got a good heart on you too, which is rare in clever men. Strange thing. I’m not a clever man meself, but I know it when I run across it. The strange and marvelous thing about you, Colonel darlin’, is that you believe in mankind, even preachers, whereas when you’ve got my great experience of the world you will have learned that good men are rare, much rarer than you think.”

Oh, V. Arnold, I just found out! I will miss his voice. He stood for a future we didn’t get. I am sad.
    Stephen Cohen, good-bye.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh, V. Arnold, I just found out! I will miss his voice. He stood for a future we didn’t get. I am sad.
    Stephen Cohen, good-bye.

Indeed. There is an astonishing lack of coverage of Cohen’s passing.
    His calm, accurate, non-politicized, writing and talks about Russia, was a voice often lost in the wilderness of the MSM graveyard of lies and bullshit!
    RIP Steve Cohen…

https://www.rt.com/usa/501133-stephen-cohen-russia-scholar-dies/

Michael Reid
    Participant

I have appreciated the comments here today. I feel less alone in my world view.

@ V. Arnold
    Do you comment first every day so you get emails of the blog comments?

@ Dr. D
    I feel in agreement with what you said and I laughed out loud on a few occasions.

@zerosum

I feel my father is afflicted by these lies as probably the majority of the population is and as I have been. One time I thought the truth was being mass shared and broadcast but these days I no longer believe that. I seek the truth. I hope that I can recognize it when presented.

@
    madamski
    What steps should one take to avoid being sucked into the black hole that you refer to?

@ Mr. House
    I am of the option that it’s all a matter of respect

“Calm, accurate…” Yes.
    Cohen let me imagine a world where the US and Russia were no longer enemies. Embattled Europe could breath a sigh of relief and trade with east and west. NATO would fade into nothing. China would want to join the club.
    I used to think such things mattered.
    More important people didn’t want that world.
    I hope I die before the world I cannot tolerate materializes. It is the blessing and the curse of growing old.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ V. Arnold
    Do you comment first every day so you get emails of the blog comments?

Absolutely not. I have not ever used that feature.
    I’m first because of my time zone, +8 Zulu/GMT; Ilargi’s posts are usually 16:00 – 17:00 my time.
    As you may recall, my first posts are always about the daily art postings…

“Calm, accurate…” Yes.
    Cohen let me imagine a world where the US and Russia were no longer enemies

Alas, that’s not to be: the west is psychotic in a most violent manner.
    I fear it will only stop when its been destroyed; at 75 and counting, I’m hoping I win the death bet…but not too soon… 😉

VietnamVet
    Participant

Stephen Cohen was the last of the rational voices. Detente is dead. More troops and Bradley Fighting Vehicles sent to confront Russia in occupied Syria.

War, Plague, Economic Depression, Firestorms are all tied together.

As pointed out in the video, the point of virus testing is to determine if a person is infectiousness or not. If infectious, isolate them from the uninfected so the virus can’t be transmitted. Isolate all of the infectious persons, the epidemic ends. This basic point is ignored because the plutocracy has no interest in paying for a public health system.

The Elite don’t care that Americans are dying. Lockdowns will be imposed if the local hospital system starts to be overwhelmed; otherwise, a thousand deaths a day in the USA is of no concern. Instead billions of dollars are given to the pharmaceutical industry for a vaccine that may or may not work next year. This lines their pockets.

Climate change denial and not paying for forest and fire management are the direct cause of the destruction of five towns in Oregon. Again, the plutocracy will not voluntarily pay to mitigate this. Tax cuts and services privatization have destroyed democracy.

Increasing inequality is the ultimate cause of the failure to alleviate nature and regulate corporations to ensure that humans survive.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

The main reason I’m skeptical of lockdowns these days is on account of how very contagious Covid is. It’s because of this extreme contagiousness that whatever you gain with an economically debilitating lockdown could be lost again very easily when the contagion comes roaring back out of seemingly nowhere. Covid might not be the apocalypse many of us feared it might be back in the middle of March, but it nonetheless poses a serious threat to those over 80, people who live in places with very bad air quality due to pollution (this is why NYC was hit so very hard by severe cases and fatalities back during spring of this year), and poor people with one or more co-morbidities. (In Milwaukee where I live, the people who were ending up in the hospital with severe Covid in March and April were very disproportionately older, overweight black men.) In fact, I think that a lifetime of dire, abject poverty should be thought of as a sociological co-morbidity if not a medical one.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.