Debt Rattle September 3 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 3 2020

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Jackson Pollock Shooting Star 1947   • Supercomputer Analysis Provides New COVID19 Theory (M.) • Trump Leads Biden At The Bookies (ZH) • The Stoc
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 3 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Jackson Pollock Shooting Star 1947

Okay…????
    Actually, I have no idea… 😉

The world is just so fucking crazy…
    The hermitage is a blessing…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pollock has always been a mystery to me: is it art?
    Sure, of course.
    …just never warmed to it…

Pollock is energy caught on a canvas.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pollock is energy caught on a canvas.

Given the little I know of him; that fits nicely… 🙂

sumac.carol
    Participant

Mind-blowing article about bradykinin storms. Amazing to see something that seems to explain so many of the bizarre effects of covid.

Mind-blowing article about bradykinin storms.

Yeah, everybody should read that.

zerosum
    Participant

I take my vitamin D.
    The vitamin is readily available by the pallet loads in many stores.

ANSWER:
    Poverty reveals reality

Fear of poverty is the number one motivator

QUESTION:
    WHY NATO?

Bookies are often right, because, unlike pollsters, they have skin in the game

The article appears to assign a slightly different role to vit D than we have discussed here, h/t Dr. John. I would doubt the 20% deficiency number, because that’s based on normal times. These are not; boosting your D seems a good idea all around.

John Day
    Participant

The bradykinin storm is nothing new. It is a subset of the most comprehensive working model I know of, that of Roger Seheult MD, a critical care pulmonologist who has been doing the MEDCRAM COVID lecture series since January. He is up to well over 100.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=medcram+covid+updates&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjPkb_-n83rAhVJSq0KHbBoCbsQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1304&bih=665
    Pick any title you like. I have linked to a few in recent months.
    In my experience, testing vitamin-D levels on oodles of patients since 2006, over 90% of Americans are low. Those that are not low either work outside, are homeless, sunbathe or take supplements.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Jackson Pollock Shooting Star 1947 is wild and intense. Abstract art is so random, unsettling at first glance; it seems to be speaking in a different language. This painting has motion; emotion sneaks in through the use of technique, color, and contrast. The fierce application of splattering paint! Are we looking through the stained glass window of a cathedral? And then there is the title “Shooting Star” which anchors us to a reference point. Sometimes the clear night sky has this web effect – in particular when you are sleeping outdoors on your back “under the stars”. You are in a stationary place but the sky is not locked into a single position. Looking up multiple times over the course of the night you observe the evolution of the cosmos; it is moving and so it moves you.

“The reactions should be good.” OK I’ll bite. Those lawless mayors (and Governors) were democratically elected, so I guess that minor detail doesn’t matter? The process to harass and punish them is called elections. Threats to remove funding remind me of folks who hate paying taxes for things they don’t agree with, like public schools. There is no problem with defunding public schools but WE THE PUBLIC need to agree to go in that direction (same goes for defunding police, or defunding the Defense Department). The social contract is meant to be negotiated – until no one listens/nothing changes. In this case President Trump is leveraging a weakness in the failure of the democratic process – and he is successful at implementing this tactic.

John Day
    Participant

https://www.johndayblog.com/2020/09/hello-covid-fall.html
    Summer is ending. School is back on, in various forms. September first, a whole lot of people realized they had to do all of the things they have put off since March. WHAM!
    Jenny, a School Librarian and go-to person for online work-arounds, recovering from spinal surgery (instead of trekking Machu Picchu) has been hammered hard, and is getting farther behind as she works 12 hour days. She sees that none of the parents, teachers, librarians, tech people, school board or principals has been able to keep up with their in-boxes all summer. Everybody is flailing, changing edicts and protocols weekly, and most are asking her to fix/get something for them now, while they are here… It’s not possible. See the email from last week.
    As a Family Practice Doc, I have had a summer of testing for COVID, treating a few folks who were not better by the time results came in, then a lull for most of August, as people in Austin got tired of getting tested for nothing, and heard about the 2 week turnaround times for results in July.
    Now, with very limited number of in-patient visits and limited number of “telemedicine visits” (a phone call visit that the clinic gets paid for, instead of not paid for, like usual), there is a deluge of urgent and recurrent needs which are revealed through long, irate, and recurrent phone messages on the Nurse lines. There are hospital records and patients needing follow up that can’t be arranged, and they are often months old records.
    Everything is piling up, and getting frantic, because it can’t be put off and it can’t be done. I have been spending hours after paid-work, still at the clinic, going through reams of information, ordering tests and medicines, calling people after hours for unreimbursed consultations and interventions, spending clinic resources, and getting farther behind, as problems worsen. Many of these people were last seen in late winter, and things change. They can’t be assumed to be on the same trajectory.
    We had half a year of doing things half-assed and putting them off. Didn’t you? I think it was the mandate.
    I stayed 3.5 hours late last night and I’m going in early today, expecting the same.
    I reviewed about 120 pages of medical records on my brother’s friend this morning. He has broken down somehow in the last half year. He’s losing weight and wandering around the house. What to do?
    I feel the need for a change; don’t you?

Our clinic will get a rapid testing machine and kits next month, October.
    I intend to test and treat and test and treat and test and treat. I have been advocating and giving away vitamin-D since January.
    People in Austin, at least at our clinic, have really lost interest in getting tested unless sick, then testing fell further in the last week or 2, as percent positives also dropped. The peak of illness load in Austin was in July. In Texas it was July/August. By all measures Texas is over the summer hump, wearing masks, starting to die less, a month after getting fewer infections, and with about 21 diagnosed cases per thousand Texans.
    Is it just masking? More cases are younger people and middle aged people, among the sick, which implies a whole lot more that we are not seeing.
    A good rule-of-thumb that I have been tracking, which held true through early May in Oregon, is that population exposure, as monitored by antibody screening, is about 10 times the number of confirmed cases.
    That means I am just calling cases-per-thousand as approximately the percent of the population who has been infected already. It’s close…
    So new infections, percent positive-tests, total tests and deaths have all been falling in Texas, with something like 20% of the population having had COVID, mostly very mild, like a cold, like what my daughter is getting over.
    My brother, the Respiratory Therapist, working in a hospital, says they are seeing more of their admissions being younger and middle aged, and less severe than what they saw in spring and early summer. Fewer need ventilators. They mostly have co-morbidities.
    It may just be masking. The Governor mandated masks in public buildings and businesses just before July 4, and things peaked by late July. People gradually increased actual masking in smaller towns as rural cases picked up in July and August. Now everybody masks in grocery stores, even in Yoakum.
    What if it’s not masking? How would we know? I don’t want to do the experiment. The Japanese do fine wearing masks on the trains and in crowds and stores. It allows things to be mostly-normal.
    Bars and strip clubs are still closed, which tells me the Governor is still serious about this.

From my point of view, Texas needs to keep masking, and do massive testing and treating, first with rapid testing equipment, but better with home tests, as soon as they are available.
    Population vitamin-D levels are probably at peak, which may be a good part of the improvement, and they are about to start falling soon. I really don’t want an unmanaged COVID winter. I really do not.

David Graeber died today. That’s just horrible. And I still haven’t read his Debt: the First 5,000 Years. But we so need people with their own unique angles on our existence, and he was certainly that. RIP

V. Arnold
    Participant

David Graeber died today. That’s just horrible. And I still haven’t read his Debt: the First 5,000 Years. But we so need people with their own unique angles on our existence, and he was certainly that. RIP

What a shock; he was a young guy of 59.
    Truly a loss…
    I have an audio version of Debt, the First 5,000 Years. It’s free over at Unwelcome Guests:
    http://www.unwelcomeguests.net/UNWELCOME_GUESTS
    Look under audio books for the download…

zerosum
    Participant

Did you read?
    https://www.occrp.org/en/investigations/a-hidden-tycoon-african-explosives-and-a-loan-from-a-notorious-bank-questionable-connections-surround-beirut-explosion-shipment

Here is another chapter to the story
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/month-after-beirut-blast-lebanese-army-finds-4-more-tons-ammonium-nitrate-near-port
    The new find is adding to anger in the streets which had led to the prime minister and many top government officials stepping down the wake of the tragedy.

VietnamVet
    Participant

The antigen testing promo shows an alternative way to controlling the coronavirus pandemic this year – no waiting till next year for a for-profit vaccine that may not work.

The core difficulty is that it places testing and response onto the “untouchables”. The Brahmin upper class would no longer have control over testing, diagnosis and wealth extraction. Secondary, to work, daily antigen testing needs a national public health system to develop school and work bubbles, treat those who test positive for free, and catch the scofflaws.

Yes, this will cost lots of money that the ruling class does not want to spend, but it is less than lost already in the Pandemic Depression. Also, controlling the coronavirus pandemic requires restoring democracy and the rule of law. Altogether, this will end the unrest and save the 123 trillion dollars that would be lost in a cataclysmic second American Civil War with nuclear weapons.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Yeah, everybody should read that.

I did, and wow…
    Have the researchers ever put the flu under such scrutiny before?
    I wonder because there is just so much we just don’t know!
    Yet we act as such an informed species…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.