Debt Rattle September 6 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 6 2015

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

NPC Grief monument, Rock Creek cemetery, Washington, DC 1915 • Central Banks Can Do Nothing More To Insulate Us From An Asian Winter (Guardian) • Euro
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 6 2015]

Greenpa
    Participant

Spain/Catalonia – I keep wondering why we don’t hit a point where the larger entity says “Oh, hey, sure! Independence? Sounds great! Let’s draw up the separation agreements!”

Sure, Spain would lose some seaports, tax base, etc – but think of the headaches it would avoid; and the costs! And think of all the Catalonians would learn, when they really had to run/fund their own roads, hospitals, police, military… Seems to me both sides would gain more, faster, from a friendly separation – and might easily decide to rejoin, in a decade or two.

I’m willing to send an invitation to Texas for them to secede, right now.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Migrants, migrants, migrants; they’re not fucking migrants! They’re refugees, damnit!!!
    The U.S. and the EU and UAE are bombing the shit out of the M.E.. An entire region intentionally destabilized forever. All by design!
    With the U.S. hegemon leading the pack/flock of sheep.
    There will be a reckoning; from where I do not know; but it will happen…

John Day
    Participant

The Limits to Growth shows different overshoot scenarios, based upon differing amounts of renewable and non-renewable resources, but looks at the aggregate global trend.
    I believe that collapse experiments are being imposed upon regions that have various weaknesses. In the Mideast, war is brought down upon water-stressed societies, and humans are forced to flee for their lives.
    Greece, the most oil dependent economy in Europe, is getting “economic hit man” type resource extraction treatment.
    This seems like an elite experiment in “controlled demolition”, doesn’t it?
    Grow a kitchen garden and see the future of less each day.

hugho
    Participant

Greenpa I agree but why just draw the line at Texas? To this day I cannot forgive Lincoln for his terrible mistake in pursuing a civil war. When Ft Sumpter was shelled , Lincoln had a golden opportunity to be rid of the foul Southern culture. They wanted to secede and he wouldn’t let them and they’re still there, grafted to us like a foul appendage, a de facto separate nation, still racist , still ignorant.

seychelles
    Participant

Jeroen Dijsselbloem knows how to say “ouch” while he turns the thumbscrew.

“…collapse experiments…” an oh-so solid-sounding euphemism exactly similar to the scientific certitude of Chicago-school economic “theory” in which the investigators knew full well in advance the results of their “studies”.

Greenpa
    Participant

hugho – well… foot in the door… camel’s nose under the tent… 🙂

John Day
    Participant

Hugho,
    “Judge not, lest ye be judged.”

V. Arnold
    Participant

…a de facto separate nation, still racist , still ignorant.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can’t be serious; the whole bloody U.S. is a racist nation. Our very beginning was bathed in the blood of racism/exceptionalism. And to this very day it remains…

Birdshak
    Participant

Steady, steady. Onward is the only option we have.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.