If It’s A Boeing I’m Not Going

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum If It’s A Boeing I’m Not Going

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Rembrandt van Rijn Portrait of Rembrandt with gorget 1629   During the Senate hearing into Boeing on October 29, Senator Jon Tester told the comp
    [See the full post at: If It’s A Boeing I’m Not Going]

zerosum
    Participant

” ….erred by not specifically testing the potential for a key sensor to erroneously cause software on the 737 Max to drive down the plane’s nose…..”

It sound like getting into a self driving plane with an alpha program. (A drone with no one at the controls)
    They still have not perfected the self driving car systems or trains with no one at the controls.

Famed pathologist Michael Baden says Jeffrey Epstein’s death was homicide

New York City’s former chief medical examiner insisted Wednesday that Jeffrey Epstein’s death was a homicide. Forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden was hired by the pedophile’s brother, Mark Epstein, to observe his autopsy after he was found hanged in his Manhattan lockup in August.

“I think that the evidence points toward homicide rather than suicide,” Baden insisted on Fox News Wednesday. “The brother is concerned that if [Epstein] was murdered, then other people who have information might be at risk,” Baden insisted, suggesting powerful players may have been involved in the death.

“If they think he has information, his life could be in jeopardy.” Baden said there were signs of “unusual” activity “from day one” of the autopsy, saying the wounds were “more consistent with ligature homicidal strangulation.”

Baden noted three fractured bones in the sex attacker’s thyroid that he insisted he has never before seen from a hanging death in 50 years of examinations. “Hanging does not cause these broken bones and homicide does,” he insisted on Fox. “A huge amount of pressure was applied.”

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Boeing’s products kill people intentionally, too.
    CodePink says that Boeing is the “top Yemen war profiteer with 6,000 guided missile kits linked to 180 deaths!”

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/codepink/pages/12245/attachments/original/1559345292/Boeing.jpg

And let us not forget the nuclear side of Boeing’s business:

Boeing is contracted to help keep the Minuteman III nuclear intercontinental ballistic missiles operational in the US nuclear arsenal until 2030. Boeing is also producing the guided tail kit for the new B61-12 US nuclear gravity bomb (the ones meant to be deployed to Europe). In addition, Boeing also has contracts for key components for US and UK Trident II (D5) nuclear weapons.
    dontbankonthebomb.com/boeing/

Doc, imagine what it takes to be the no. 1 US exporter. Stiff competition for that honor. But if Reuters says so, I’m inclined to take their word for it. And yes, a lot of that will be missiles and stuff, not planes.

V. Arnold from yesterday’s thread:

So, Ilargi, no more daily posting?
    No problem; just wondering…

I think so far I haven’t missed a day. And I’ve enjoyed the free time in the -well just 2 so far- mornings. It has allowed me to write my Notes yesterday, and my Boeing article today. But then I see the Epstein piece I posted on in this Comments thread earlier, and I think: Debt Rattle material.

It’s just that these things took so much of my time, it was an entire workweek’s hours, and then after that I had to do all the other stuff.

Guess maybe I’ll try and find a lighter version.

Dr. D
    Participant

“6,000 guided missile kits linked to 180 deaths!”

I’d fire them for this. There need to be at least 6,000 more deaths here or their product doesn’t work as advertised.

Let’s say $1M/pc so $6B to kill 180 people, or $33 Million dollars per person killed. Can’t they get some sporks confiscated from London parks and kill more people than that?

“We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing,” Bin Laden said in 2001.

The plan is going perfectly…

Glennda
    Participant

“Guess maybe I’ll try and find a lighter version.” — Yay.

Good stuff on Boeing and Epstein.

seychelles
    Participant

This latest Boeing travesty is yet another prime example of chronic multi-system packing of corrupt people with one agenda (maximize profits for them and disempower the US through bankuptcy). It is an antihuman agenda that deliberately renders impotent any previous internally-designed system of checks and balances. It screams of power secondary to monopoly. The explanation that Boeing did not have sufficient funds to do it professionally and ethically because of stock buybacks may be contributory but is not sufficient because they have undoubtedly received a big chunk of the missing DOD and HUD 21 Trillion to fund at taxpayers’ expense research into exotic areas, especially involving more efficient ways of killing people. It is a reflection of unethical priorities and likely inefficient waste of the stolen money, For decades I have thought that if there was a serious war, a large fraction of these costly war materials would not be functional. And with the rapid evolution of weapon technology, the expensive weapons are rapidly rendered obsolete and somehow disposed of so that their shoddy manufacture is never discovered. A variant of the destroy to rebuild money churn that is at the financial heart of Zioglobalism.

Thanks Glennda.

seychelles, I was watching some of the Boeing/Senate footage and thinking: wow, this is confusing, you guys should be at the same side of the table, and some other party should be asking questions of both of you, you shouldn’t be doing that amongst yourselves. None of this should be allowed to be a mere circle jerk, not with 346 dead people. But that’s all we get.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

It’s infuriating to hear people who know better to imply that the pilots were at fault. From yesterday’s hearing:

“In the two accident flights”, [NTSB Chairman] Sumwalt said of the Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines disasters, “pilots did not perform in accordance with the scenario that Boeing expected.

blog.seattlepi.com/flyinglessons/2019/10/30/no-proof-of-muilenburgs-claim-boeings-self-certification-makes-skies-safer/

From an article I linked in a Sept 19 comment, which explains how the pilots performed:

It wasn’t the usual flight path of a pilot who’d lost control of a plane. Twenty-two times the demons had violently jerked down the nose, and 22 times the pilot had corrected with equivalent force. “I get so mad at Boeing trying to tar this captain when he was actually the most proficient pilot of all of them,” said Bjorn Fehrm, a former Swedish air force pilot whose technical blog on the aviation web site Leeham News is a 737 MAX must-read…

The Lion Air pilot was certain he could turn off whatever was trying to crash his plane, so he temporarily handed over the controls to his co-pilot and scanned the manual. Ninety seconds later, everyone was dead. The co-pilot, said Fehrm, “was not prepared for the powerful beast of MCAS.”

As it happened, the beast would strike again, four months later, with the crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 outside Addis Ababa, claiming 157 more lives in conditions nearly identical to the Lion Air catastrophe….

The Ethiopian pilots had followed the Boeing checklist. They had switched the stabilizer trim cutout switches to the “cutout” position and attempted to turn the nose of the plane back up using the manual crank—they just couldn’t. In accordance with the prescribed fix for an alert they were getting on the flight control computer, the pilots had been flying extremely fast, and above the speeds of about 265 miles per hour at which the manual trim wheel became unbearably heavy. This issue wasn’t specific to the MAX; it was a well-known bug in the 737 generally…

The upshot was that Boeing had not only outfitted the MAX with a deadly piece of software; it had also taken the additional step of instructing pilots to respond to an erroneous activation of the software by literally attempting the impossible. MCAS alone had taken twelve minutes to down Lion Air 610; in the Ethiopian crash, the MCAS software, overridden by pilots hitting the cutout switches as per Boeing’s instructions, had cut that time line in half.

https://newrepublic.com/article/154944/boeing-737-max-investigation-indonesia-lion-air-ethiopian-airlines-managerial-revolution

zerosum
    Participant

INTERPRETATION

The Age of Anger Exploding in Serial Geysers

The Age of Anger Exploding in Serial Geysers

October 30, 2019

by Pepe Escobar : posted with permission and x-posted with Consortium News

PEPE ESCOBAR: The Age of Anger Exploding in Serial Geysers

To digress about “populism” is nonsensical. What’s happening is the Age of Anger exploding in serial geysers that simply cannot be contained by the same, old, tired, corrupt forms of political representation allowed by that fiction, Western liberal democracy.

Doc,

It’s infuriating to hear people who know better to imply that the pilots were at fault.

Yeah, but no easier victims than the dead. Most pilots, from what I gather, didn’t even know MCAS existed. Boeing told the regulators they didn’t have to know.

VietnamVet
    Participant

The protests in Chile are specifically against neoliberalism (corporate rule). Protests are spreading across the world due rising inequality and chaos that enriches the wealthy. The media tries to hide it or blames Donald Trump, but the causes are basic. PG&E is burning a blacked-out California. The Boeing 737 Max is unsafe to fly. Both are the results of austerity, regulatory capture and corporate asset stripping. Congress further deregulated aircraft safety a year before the Indonesian crash. More and more people are going to die unless government control over corporations is restored and executive suite crooks are jailed for their crimes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.