Pandemic Brooding

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Pandemic Brooding

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Thomas Cole The Course of Empire – The Arcadian or Pastoral State 1834     This essay is from longtime and very dear friend David Holmgren,
    [See the full post at: Pandemic Brooding]

zerosum
    Participant

Thank You!

John Day
    Participant

Hi, this is funny. I just got off leaving a comment at Holmgren’s site on this very essay, when I come here to check in after a weekend of busy human life.
    David does his very best to be inclusive and to finally state his own personal synthesis, which is remarkably similar to my own.
    I am off to the bank to wire $188 to Anil at Kachhela Medex in India and see what happens.
    Anil is “Germ’s Guy”
    My plan, if the medicines get to me is to give them away, and ask people to spend $60 gambling to get more sent to them, which they should give away in the same pay-it-forward anti-imperialist scheme.

“We shall see”, as the wise old Chinese man said in the proverb.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

Reading David Holmgren’s essay gives new meaning to the term “feeling grounded”. Definitely worth your time.

DarkMatter
    Participant

Probably the best synopsis on the whole issue I have read. I feel like I was red pilled and later on black pilled. This essay is the much more hopeful brown pill.

papanca
    Participant

I agree with DarkMatter, who said it well!

Thanks for posting this, Raul. Like MQ wrote, it helps me feel “grounded” again!

Alexander Carpenter
    Participant

What “climate emergency”?

Combating lies and manipulations in one domain does not excuse tolerating and repeating lies and manipulations in another.

Belief is the killer of sanity. Yet another example of politicized “institutional science” opposed to genuine science.

Bill7
    Participant

Holmgren works hard to see from the other POV, then calmly presents his own take on events.
    A good model, I think.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Heyyyy – anybody wanna commit to live on the Permaculture Principles model? There’s a place for ALL.

Note there are two support visuals above, they deserve close examination.

One maps the Permaculture Principles which are the center/core/Heart: Permaculture Ethics of: 1) Care of Earth 2) Care of People and 3) Fair Share + the 12 Permaculture Design Principles.

The other visual is the Permaculture Flower. It builds on the Principles + provides tangible, actionable solutions – a ROADMAP for engagement in creating a sustainable culture.

I can see how this could be a model for moving through the present and emerging challenges ahead. Your thoughts?

Bill7
    Participant

Adding: I hope to bring that same equanimity to what’s coming.

Bill7
    Participant

The ending of the movie ‘Melancholia’ is popping into my head, especially Kirsten Dunst’s character, who tries to do what then needs to be done to completion.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

12. Creatively use & respond to change
    Attention to this principle is empowering.

“Care of People”
    Attention to this ethic is effective self-medication.

chooch
    Participant

So the other day I was chatting with a coworker that wants to be a forest hermit and live in a cave. I told him that I am starting wake up wishing I was born to Amish parents.

russellnblbs
    Participant

I have met David and been to his place in Hepburn, as we live in the same state and he offers guided tours. I have been checking his website weekly over the past year hoping with all hope that he hadn’t fallen into the new cult. Although I would have been shocked if he had, I have to say it was such a relief and inspiring presence to know that he is standing with us and isn’t afraid, as a public intellectual, to be transparent with his dissident view.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

I’m an engineer by training, who later started a legal newswire with a business partner, and my beautiful Ivy League educated wife.

As such, I’m quite adapt at researching, compiling & absorbing gobs of info (photographic memory), but I find this philosophy exceeding voluminous & verbose, indeed totally unnecessary for the spiritually enlightened.

That is the crux of all of humanities ills, the EGOcentric malaise that has a darkened the society of western civilization, abounding in the children of the Infinite wandering through life in self-centered trances…

Futile mental exercises of rational solutions will always be futile, temporary, at best.

My wife trusts me to be informed to best conduct important decisions concerning navigating the minefield of mass psychosis that we became aware of 25+ years ago…

That said, I can only inform her of important macro trends, as she is unable to absorb the day-to-day research I consume, she is too high strung & emotional to bear it.

Additionally, I have been trying to inform my fellow US citizens of a simple truth (from which all democratic/populist civilization sprung), that America was established under Natural LAW:

The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions ~ Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience. ~ John Locke 1690

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness — That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

For those that aren’t aware, Emergency Powers have suspended Natural LAW, subverting EVERYTHING to TPTB…

What is required is a New Age of Reason, nothing short of THAT will work ~ Moreover, without THAT ALL virtuous thought/philosophy is mute.

America is VERY close to losing its founding legal system, our true natural born rights, unfortunately multi-generational delusion + #ANTISPIRIT insanity may have already accomplished just that.

Keep it simple, everything you know, love & value is at stake 😉

Oh, and…

₿oogaloo
    Participant

@ John Day

My plan, if the medicines get to me is to give them away, and ask people to spend $60 gambling to get more sent to them, which they should give away in the same pay-it-forward anti-imperialist scheme.

As of this week, shipments are still getting through to the US (I arranged to send some to a friend who is struggling with long covid). I had a hiccup with email communications this time, with unanswered emails for more than a week, but that was immediately resolved with a phone call (yes, they answer the phone). I see that FLCCC recently started recommending nitazoxinide as an alternative if IVM in unavailable (or to be taken in addition to IVM if you can get both). Nitazoxinide is not commonly available in the US, but is available from our friends on the subcontinent. I have a feeling this might keep coming through even if the IVM is eventually blocked.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Kudos to David Holmgren; very interesting POV which I tend towards…
    I’ll be chewing on this for a while…

From yesterday:

I am so grateful that you feel this way. You’ve been a vital trailblazer all through this saga and I pray you’ll have the motivation and fortitude to continue. I sense an upswell of courage and clarity among the unjabbed and regretfully jabbed. We’re in for a long ordeal though…what an extraordinary time to be living through. Thank you RIM for your invaluable contributions!

Thanks Jim, and all others, for your kind words.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Splendid essay, David! Many thanks for writing and sharing it with us, and many thanks to Raúl for providing the medium to do it.

David’s gentle, reasoned and reasoning approach is most welcome in these increasingly disturbed and quasi-deranged times.

It seems only yesterday that RetroSuburbia was released. Who’d have thought then that the future would include today’s situation. We may be retrofitting our suburbs far sooner than anyone anticipated.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Nitazoxinide is prescription-only in Oz.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

@ezlxa1949
    Yes, but if you order it from overseas, will it clear customs in Australia?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.