Putin and Wagner

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Putin and Wagner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Theodoros Vryzakis The Reception of Lord Byron at Missolonghi 1861   Andrew Korybko:   Wagner chief Evgeny Prigozhin published an open lette
    [See the full post at: Putin and Wagner]

Dr. D
    Participant

There are a third and fourth aspects too.

Third is, is it possible that NATO had already corrupted a critical minority of Russian Generals (probably) and were counting on their plausible misbehavior to lose Ukraine and turn it into a quagmire? Wagner short circuited this hard, and also got around their own internal laws about the number of troops in a bland “Operation”, as opposed to an open declared war against NATO, as dreamed by the West.

BUT — the only use of those compromised generals who were sidelined now is some back-end maneuvering that can stymie Wagner who’s doing all the work. So…the Derp State did it. Of course they did. The Generals just plausible this as “internal rivalry” yada ya. Nope.

Fourth is so Russia removed from Bakhmut. They were “winning” in Bakhmut, compared to anywhere else, by accident or no. Why should it end? But as is inevitable, Russia eventually takes it all. So now what? Cross the open steppes? No: claim victim, you’re too weak (says Sun Tzu) and just can’t get it together. So they are pushed back out of Bakhmut only to start it all over again. Lo! Russia sees the light! They get their ammunition! And continue 8:1 casualty ratio, safely, not on the open steppes or having to invade Kiev right now.

Number five: don’t these two go together? There’s a problem, so we go investigate all the stonewalling generals, and if we find something, purge them, freeing both Wagner AND securing the Russian State from traitors.

What is the cost? A minor PR issue. The West will puff themselves up and be overconfident and the Russian people won’t care.

Like that?

chooch
    Participant
    zerosum
    Participant

It is has it has always been.
    Humans doing human things.
    One situation …. 5 opinions on resolving/proceeding.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Allowing/forcing the most vaunted military unit in your SMO to retreat deescalates the situation.

Russia doesn’t need to hold territory. It just needs to kill and deplatform Nazis. That was and is its stated mission from the start.

Mercenaries should not be tolerated once necessary hostilities are over.

Now we perhaps get to see which mercenaries are themselves fond of Nazi ideologies.

Mother Ukraine will have to come begging to its child, Russia, for help and protection or continue experiencing the tender mercies of USNATO and a host of ravenous global ravens. First, however, Nazis must be killed.

zerosum has become my favorite online roulette wheel. SOmetimes I barely get what he’s at, or if I do, wonder why he’s getting at it; other times, he says so much in so few words I am gob-stoppered:

It is has it has always been.
    Humans doing human things.
    One situation …. 5 opinions on resolving/proceeding.

Same As Ever It Ever Was

boscohorowitz
    Participant

ravenous ravens… I see what I dun there. Gluttonous gluttons, even.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.